Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We WON yesterday!

I am still waiting to see one of these half dozen emails you have written to local sportswriters. I would like to check them and discuss the content to ensure maximum effect when your campaign goes national.

Please copy and post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    10PennyToMcGinny!

Dat Supabowl combo meal!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Maybe you're all comfortable letting the officials get away with blatantly helping the Pats, but I'm sick of it. This morning I've written a half dozen emails to local sportswriters (will do radio & TV personalities next) to ask for a favor: after a game where the Jets get screwed by the officials, do not acknowledge the loss. Write about it as if it was a Jets win, which it was. Yesterday's game, for example, never went to overtime. The Jets won by 3 in the 4th quarter. If enough big-name writers begin doing it, it will be a huge embarrassment for the NFL and they'll be forced to stop helping the Pats cheat.
    Every team gets screwed when playing away. Winning teams find a way to win, and not allow close calls to change the game.

The NFL is a huge, profitable business. It wouldn't surprise me if they paid a few fake fans to hang around the Jets board and defend the NFL's corrupt practices. Are they paying you?

I hope you're not serious.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    a rally
    We can go to the NFL HQ and call it "Occupy NFL" . Then we can have Jackson Browne come by and lead us in a Jets chant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A sit-in? Where? Doing it in the seats is really just going to the game, and doing it on the field will undoubtedly get the participants arrested.
    Mmm, yes, they are a clever bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Foley11 View Post
    I am still waiting to see one of these half dozen emails you have written to local sportswriters. I would like to check them and discuss the content to ensure maximum effect when your campaign goes national.

Please copy and post.
    They're all basically the same email. I've tried a few different wordings, but they all have the same point. Here is the latest:

Dear Mr. Cimini,

A dark, terrible stench hangs over our beloved pastime. More than merely suffocating the New York Jets, this cloud is sucking the life out of professional football as we know it. The owners have no desire to help, their quest for short term profits in the commie, revenue sharing model that is the NFL precludes them from harming their sacred cow. We the fans and media are the only hope.

What is the stench I speak of? A cheating scandal so vile that it makes the Tour de France seem like nuns on bikes. A scandal that goes to the heart of the NFL league office and implicates most, if not all of the officials. Namely that 31 teams play by one set of rules, but one team plays by their own: the New England Patriots. Sunday's Jets/Patriots game was but the latest example. Clearly, a game that the Jets would have won was instead handed to the Patriots by the officials, who made unbelievable call after unbelievable call. I won't bore you with the details as those are obvious to anyone who watched the game, but I write to beg that we form an alliance to banish this menace from our game.

We must not acknowledge fraudulent wins any longer. When a game is obviously handed to a team by the officials, we must call it out. We must write of the game as though the honest, winning team did not suffer the indignity of playing the 7 officials along with the 11 opponents. Rewrite your articles about yesterday's game and make it clear to America that the Jets won. We can and will embarrass the NFL. If a lie goes unchallenged we are indeed perpetuating that lie. But a lie cannot stand up to the truth, and I now ask for your help in presenting that truth to the world. I've picked you for this because I know you as a writer with the utmost integrity and respect for the game. Please be a leader in uncovering the dark truth at the heart of our beloved National Football League.

Respectfully,
    (name withheld)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Maybe you're all comfortable letting the officials get away with blatantly helping the Pats, but I'm sick of it. This morning I've written a half dozen emails to local sportswriters (will do radio & TV personalities next) to ask for a favor: after a game where the Jets get screwed by the officials, do not acknowledge the loss. Write about it as if it was a Jets win, which it was. Yesterday's game, for example, never went to overtime. The Jets won by 3 in the 4th quarter. If enough big-name writers begin doing it, it will be a huge embarrassment for the NFL and they'll be forced to stop helping the Pats cheat.

A sit-in? Where? Doing it in the seats is really just going to the game, and doing it on the field will undoubtedly get the participants arrested.

Doing it ANYWHERE aside from within a motel/house would get anyone arrested.

Oh wait....You're referring to something else, huh?

A scandal that goes to the heart of the NFL league office and implicates most, if not all of the officials. Namely that 31 teams play by one set of rules, but one team plays by their own: the New England Patriots.
    If the NFL is wanting the Pats to win they sure did a ****ty job the last 2 times they got to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    This strategy was actually first tried by the Germans.

When the Americans marched in they were like..."What? WTF are you guys doing here, didn't you hear we won?"

It almost worked.
    Stop trolling!

<That is quite funny, actually. >

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I mean, if we had lost the way the Packers did to the Seahawks, I could see a thread like this. But to blame the refs for yesterday is the sign of a bad team that needed the refs to bail them out for their own mistakes, only it didn't happen. Game was there to be had, we just blew it
    wrong dude plan wrong the Jets lost because of the officiating they did not win clearly because of poor play...
    the difference between the two are one three bad calls all go against the jets when they should have went for them then the nfl starts back pedaling on the national coverage on the flag not being thrown , the PI and the sack to end the game.
    I have had it If I ever have the cahnce to get into Bellicheats face he is getting a big fuc U

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yeah, that's it.

EternalChampion should be the next GM

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I'm confused by this topic. I agree that the Jets shoulda had this game & I had a weird feeling it would go into OT and won by 3, too bad it went to the pasties. But did a fan really throw a flag on the field?

They're all basically the same email. I've tried a few different wordings, but they all have the same point. Here is the latest:

Dear Mr. Cimini,

A dark, terrible stench hangs over our beloved pastime. More than merely suffocating the New York Jets, this cloud is sucking the life out of professional football as we know it. The owners have no desire to help, their quest for short term profits in the commie, revenue sharing model that is the NFL precludes them from harming their sacred cow. We the fans and media are the only hope.

What is the stench I speak of? A cheating scandal so vile that it makes the Tour de France seem like nuns on bikes. A scandal that goes to the heart of the NFL league office and implicates most, if not all of the officials. Namely that 31 teams play by one set of rules, but one team plays by their own: the New England Patriots. Sunday's Jets/Patriots game was but the latest example. Clearly, a game that the Jets would have won was instead handed to the Patriots by the officials, who made unbelievable call after unbelievable call. I won't bore you with the details as those are obvious to anyone who watched the game, but I write to beg that we form an alliance to banish this menace from our game.

We must not acknowledge fraudulent wins any longer. When a game is obviously handed to a team by the officials, we must call it out. We must write of the game as though the honest, winning team did not suffer the indignity of playing the 7 officials along with the 11 opponents. Rewrite your articles about yesterday's game and make it clear to America that the Jets won. We can and will embarrass the NFL. If a lie goes unchallenged we are indeed perpetuating that lie. But a lie cannot stand up to the truth, and I now ask for your help in presenting that truth to the world. I've picked you for this because I know you as a writer with the utmost integrity and respect for the game. Please be a leader in uncovering the dark truth at the heart of our beloved National Football League.

Respectfully,
    (name withheld)
    I feel like this needs an additional paragraph pointing out that the Patriots have a long history of bending the rules. Also a reference to belicheat* and his hooded sweatshirt, I mean the man wont even give a good handshake after he beats someone by listening to their radio signals! Throw in a Tom Brady is ghey and I think you have a winner.

Take it to the streets!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I slept with Mila Kunis last night.
    That's definitely faking a victory.

I wanted to give everyone a quick update. I haven't heard back from any of the media personalities I contacted yesterday, and that's great news. If they weren't interested in doing this, they would have just said no. But if they want to get in on this, I'm sure it will require talking to their editors (and maybe even executives at their company). I have a feeling we're going to be shaking things up and you can say goodbye to the days of the Jets getting jobbed by the refs whenever the Patriots are involved.

I wanted to give everyone a quick update. I haven't heard back from any of the media personalities I contacted yesterday, and that's great news. If they weren't interested in doing this, they would have just said no. But if they want to get in on this, I'm sure it will require talking to their editors (and maybe even executives at their company). I have a feeling we're going to be shaking things up and you can say goodbye to the days of the Jets getting jobbed by the refs whenever the Patriots are involved.
    I haven't heard back from Milan Kunis. this means I still have a chance!