Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What time is the debate on?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Obama's stare is going to be a meme.
    Yeah, he's got a better stare down for sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is Romney really reminds me of Reagan the way he talks. I was just a kid, but he talks a lot like him imo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Yeah, Romney isn't attacking AT ALL. Interesting strategy considering he's the replublican here.
    It is a delicate situation for Romney. He does not want to come of as a bully. It is the last debate, and on foreign policy it is more important for him to sell himself rather than to bash Obama.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It is a delicate situation for Romney. He does not want to come of as a bully. It is the last debate, and on foreign policy it is more important for him to sell himself rather than to bash Obama.
    Yeah, Very interesting man. At first I was like WTF. But now, as it digests, it might be working against Obama. Not sure what the UD voter would think but Obama is def playing the bully and aggressor. Hmmm.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is Romney really reminds me of Reagan the way he talks. I was just a kid, but he talks a lot like him imo.
    Yes that is a good observation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney just keeps talking about positives on himself and Obama keeps trying to rip him up. So weird considering Obama is the President and we've been under his policies the last 4 years. Obama is hammering Romney's past speeches. Romney could have a field down on Obama's failed foreign policies but he isn't. It's really weird.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney just keeps talking about positives on himself and Obama keeps trying to rip him up. So weird considering Obama is the President and we've been under his policies the last 4 years. Obama is hammering Romney's past speeches. It's really weird.
    It is the only thing left in the Democrats arsenal. He can't run on his disaster of a record the past 4 years. He has no policy for the next 4 years but to repeat what hasn't worked the past 4 years. He can't beat Romney on the substance of the economic issues that this election will be won/lost over. Therefore, he has now essentially resorted to ad hominem negative attacks ala "Romnesia" because the only thing left is to go negative.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Good one there by Romney on Military Budget cuts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man then Obama comes back with the one of the most snide, disrespectful comebacks I've ever heard. Hmmm. Wow, flat out tries to belittle Romney with the horse and buggies comment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Good one there by Romney on Military Budget cuts.
    Obama's "we have less horses and bayonets" line landed pretty hard there on that topic

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It amazes me that through this ENTIRE process Romney is treated like the incumbent and Obama the challenger . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73 View Post
    It is the only thing left in the Democrats arsenal. He can't run on his disaster of a record the past 4 years. He has no policy for the next 4 years but to repeat what hasn't worked the past 4 years. He can't beat Romney on the substance of the economic issues that this election will be won/lost over. Therefore, he has now essentially resorted to ad hominem negative attacks ala "Romnesia" because the only thing left is to go negative.
    I know, but why is Romney letting him get away with it, is what I'm wondering.
    It's obviously on purpose as part of the their strategy. I have no clue if it's working though. I don't even know how I feel about it.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took 4 years to hook up with Israel on a run through, this week too, perfect timing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    It amazes me that through this ENTIRE process Romney is treated like the incumbent and Obama the challenger . . .
    YES YES YES....it's blowing my mind actually.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's everyones last resort, moe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Obama's "we have less horses and bayonets" line landed pretty hard there on that topic
    Yep, but it was incredibly smarmy. The base obviously loved it but not sure about the UD voter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, but it was incredibly smarmy. The base obviously loved it but not sure about the UD voter.
    without a doubt, but it showed how dumb saying something like "we have less ships than we had in 1916" was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Good sound-bite but it was a stupid comment. Anyone with a brain knows we need ships and subs, they are irreplaceable.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but why is Romney letting him get away with it, is what I'm wondering.
    It's obviously on purpose as part of the their strategy. I have no clue if it's working though. I don't even know how I feel about it.
    Because Obama is trying to rally his base and will work to get them out to close the gaps. Romney is working on those undecided voters in middle America - Iowa, Wisconsin, Nevada, Colorado, etc - and they are turned off by rudeness & arrogance that Biden and Obama have demonstrated in the last 3 debates.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney just laid down on Israel/Iran.

Gave Obama credit for "crippling sanctions" in Iran - "they're working."