Romney- 1 win*
    Biden- 1 win
    Ryan- 0 win

*by the widest margin

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

I must have missed that one. What happened?
    I don't know much about this Paul Ryan fellow....but this is not a good first impression, imo.

http://gawker.com/5952118/paul-ryan-...he-did-nothing

And this is the follow-up to that story.
    http://gawker.com/5953168/substantia...ssing-photo-op

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    I think we've come full circle. With Romneys stuttering and stammering it looks to me like he'd rather be anywhere but there.

one more indignity for Romney.. we all love teachers haha..
    Compared to Obama he isn't as smooth but I really don't think that matters with the average american. Some people actually like that. He's still an incredibly smart man who is much better equipped to handle the economy, bottom line.

Obama being the better speaker doesn't equate to winning a vote imo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I don't know much about this Paul Ryan fellow....but this is not a good first impression, imo.

Thats nonsense. Was probably a trap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thats nonsense. Was probably a trap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBS debate insta-poll: 53% Obama win, 23% Romney

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama won soundly tonight.

Romney looked lost and bewildered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73 View Post
    Again, the drive-thru analysis on this is all wrong. Obama looks petty and uneducated on the economy.

This is win for Romney because they spent the majority of the time in a foreign policy debate talking about the economy.

Obama continues to be disrespectful and arrogant with his constant interruptions.

Romney is playing to his strengths, staying above the fray and calling Obama out on the personal attacks. Obama may think that his act plays well with independents and undecideds, but this isn't 2008 and he isn't running against Bush's policies but his own failed agenda.
    This.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol at Obamanites.

Remind me of Pats fans who think their guys dominated the Jets yesterday.

Obama came off as completely desperate, and did nothing but turn off independents. Sure, his disciples think he did great, but they don't matter.

This was a draw at worst for Romney, which in and of itself is a victory.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think Obama will be looking back at the first debate in some months time as the few hours that cost him his Presidency.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Democrats and Liberals almost unanimously admitted Obama got his ass handed to him in the first debate, interesting that the other side can't admit it when their guy lost (I admit margin wasn't as great)

Whatever, 14 more days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't have expected Romney to hit it out of the park. By default, he has much less real world foreign policy experience than any sitting president, and he isn't privy to national security briefings and daily meetings with top foreign policy experts and diplomats. Still, given that, he held his own decently well. Obama had the edge simply because he's the sitting president.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

I would stop reading so much gawker if I were you. It's... effeminate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Democrats and Liberals almost unanimously admitted Obama got his ass handed to him in the first debate, interesting that the other side can't admit it when their guy lost (I admit margin wasn't as great)

Whatever, 14 more days.
    The first one was clear cut. This one, even with Romney not being as strong, is clearly debatable. As you said, the margin wasnt that great...making it...debatable.. with alot more room for subjective interpretation.

14 more days indeed.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was fairly even. I'd give Obama a very slight edge just cause I thought he hurt him with the bayonets & horses line. Afterwards, I honestly thought I saw a tear in Romney's eye at one point given the context, but it was just a reflection of the light. It was a decent back and forth overall though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post

Whatever, 14 more days.
    Jmo, but I sort of think that was part of the Romney plan to pander to the female voter. I really do. Obama def won the debate in terms of style but the substance made zero impact as they agreed with each other. Women believe in a more "quiet" strength. Fwiw, my mom came over to see the kids tonight. She watched about 30 mins with me so I asked her what she thought. This is your typical older female UD voter who doesn't pay a lick of attention. I kid you not, she thought Romney seemed more calm and thoughtful, thus more intelligent. He was smiling while Obama seemed angry and agitated. That was her observation not mine. Thought it was interesting fwiw. Keep in mind, my mom isn't really educated and was basically a stay home mom with odd jobs, and she's in her 60's. She's not the "new" working, strong, multitasking type mom...in terms of demo. Just a very tiny sample perspective but still.
    Last edited by HessStation; 10-22-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to taking office in 2008, Obama was no overseas expert. His only experience was negotiating with the other city blocks on where to plant the tomatoes in the community garden. That is why he picked Biden to be his running mate, to counter that issue.

The problem is that it isn't 2008, it is 2012. The key issue is not foreign policy, as it was in 2008 with Iraq and Afghanistan, but the economy. Voters don't care about foreign policy when they don't have a job and can't pay the bills.

There is no spin with this analysis. Romney decisively won the first debate. At best, Obama slighty won or drawed the second debate. Even if you give the nod in #3 to Obama, it doesn't matter because the debates are not all weighted equally in the minds of voters. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Romney scored big.

This election is not going to be won by the foreign policy vote it is going to be won by voters in swing states determining who is better at fixing the economic mess we are in. At the end of the day, Obama only has 4 years of failed policies and no agenda for the future. That is what this election will come down to come election day.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I wouldn't have expected Romney to hit it out of the park. By default, he has much less real world foreign policy experience than any sitting president, and he isn't privy to national security briefings and daily meetings with top foreign policy experts and diplomats. Still, given that, he held his own decently well. Obama had the edge simply because he's the sitting president.
    Not true

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ngs/70000323/1

USA Today Sept 14 2012
    Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will start getting regular briefings on intelligence issues from President Obama's national security team next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to taking office in 2008, Obama was no overseas expert. His only experience was negotiating with the other city blocks on where to plant the tomatoes in the community garden. That is why he picked Biden to be his running mate, to counter that issue.

The problem is that it isn't 2008, it is 2012. The key issue is not foreign policy, as it was in 2008 with Iraq and Afghanistan, but the economy. Voters don't care about foreign policy when they don't have a job and can't pay the bills.

There is no spin with this analysis. Romney decisively won the first debate. At best, Obama slighty won or drawed the second debate. Even if you give the nod in #3 to Obama, it doesn't matter because the debates are not all weighted equally in the minds of voters. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and Romney scored big.

This election is not going to be won by the foreign policy vote it is going to be won by voters in swing states determining who is better at fixing the economic mess we are in. At the end of the day, Obama only has 4 years of failed policies and no agenda for the future. That is what this election will come down to come election day.
    I'm going to be honest though...as an independent voter, (who agrees with most of the basic Libertarian views) voting Romney....Tonight Obama actually gave me some confidence as our leader if he wins the election. Call me what you will, I don't delve heavy into foreign policies but I actually like what a saw out of him. Romney probably did this country a service by agreeing with him so much, at least on foreign policy...of course, much to the chagrin of probably most republicans.
    Last edited by HessStation; 10-22-2012 at 11:46 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, the drive-thru analysis on this is all wrong. Obama looks petty and uneducated on the economy.

This is win for Romney because they spent the majority of the time in a foreign policy debate talking about the economy.

Obama continues to be disrespectful and arrogant with his constant interruptions.

Romney is playing to his strengths, staying above the fray and calling Obama out on the personal attacks. Obama may think that his act plays well with independents and undecideds, but this isn't 2008 and he isn't running against Bush's policies but his own failed agenda.
    Romney promises to cut taxes by 20%, increase the Pentagon's budget, and pay off the national debt... President Bush ought to sue Governor Romney for stealing his BS campaign promises.