Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 162

Thread: What time is the debate on?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    without a doubt, but it showed how dumb saying something like "we have less ships than we had in 1916" was.
    Depends...if this thing is still about pandering to the female UD voter Romney might be on to something. Not sure though dude.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Romney just laid down on Israel/Iran.

    Gave Obama credit for "crippling sanctions" in Iran - "they're working."
    So telling the truth is a bad thing? I think you are used to Obama's BS.

    Romney isn't delusional. Not everything needs a spin.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So telling the truth is a bad thing? I think you are used to Obama's BS.

    Romney isn't delusional. Not everything needs a spin.
    He is being so ernest and respectful....and well, honest, it's downright weird.
    Last edited by HessStation; 10-22-2012 at 09:53 PM.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    He is being SOOOOOO ernest and respectful....and well, honest, it's downright weird.
    Again, this is about selling himself as capable of being President. He needs to look presidential and stable.

    Obama is still trying to make up for the first debate.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Again, this is about selling himself as capable of being President. He needs to look presidential and stable.

    Obama is still trying to make up for the first debate.
    Exactly.

    He is ahead in the polls, gaining ground quickly in battleground states and even overtaking Obama. He is in a debate topic that is not his expertise so all he has to do is run the clock out.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73 View Post
    Exactly.

    He is ahead in the polls, gaining ground quickly in battleground states and even overtaking Obama. He is in a debate topic that is not his expertise so all he has to do is run the clock out.
    He gets an A from me so far then....if that's the intent. Good that he didn't let the moderater talk over him there btw!

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,233
    I'm hardly an expert here, but I think Romney is taking a beating here. I haven't heard him say any new or different than he did the last two debates.

    Frankly I'm not crazy about either candidate, but Romney isn't giving me much to go on here, other than he isn't Obama.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Obama keeps bringing up this criticism that Romney claims "it depends" regarding our withdrawal.

    THAT IS THE RIGHT STRATEGY YOU MORAN.

    You don't set dates. You set a goal and try to have a sound plan but ultimately it does depend on the circumstances. We cannot sacrifice our gains and create a power vacuum.

  9. #49
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,930
    Been following the debate by reading a forum full of Euro's, all as liberal as you'd expect.

    They say Obama is totally wiping the floor with Romney.

    It's quite entertaining reading.

  10. #50
    uggg, he just let this old, crippled moderator win that little battle by not letting him talk. Not good.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I'm hardly an expert here, but I think Romney is taking a beating here. I haven't heard him say any new or different than he did the last two debates.

    Frankly I'm not crazy about either candidate, but Romney isn't giving me much to go on here, other than he isn't Obama.
    I don't know **** either which is why I'm here. Interesting take dude. I wonder what most UD women are thinking here.

  12. #52
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,233
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I don't know **** either which is why I'm here. Interesting take dude. I wonder what most UD women are thinking here.
    Especially in the last debate when someone asked to to tell us why he would be different than the Bush administration....and he never really gave anyone an answer.

  13. #53
    It's sad but there really isn't a debate in this country about Afghanistan. We should get out now not 2014. What will change from now to 2014? What the heck is the goal? The President deserves all the criticism he gets on this, and Romney should of gone to the left of Obama on Afghanistan.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-22-2012 at 10:08 PM.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Been following the debate by reading a forum full of Euro's, all as liberal as you'd expect.

    They say Obama is totally wiping the floor with Romney.

    It's quite entertaining reading.
    LOL.

    Technically Obama is "winning" the debate. But IMO Romney has sold himself well and that was his ultimate purpose tonight.

  15. #55
    I will say I once again feel the moderator it slightly helping Obama with subtle nuances. He's cut Romney off a few times and seems to let Obama roll on and on. Wonder what the time balance looks like..

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I will say I once again feel the moderator it slightly helping Obama with subtle nuances. He's cut Romney off a few times and seems to let Obama roll on and on. Wonder what the time balance looks like..
    Par for the course.

    But this guy is leaps and bounds better than Crowley.

    But there is still 20 mins left.

  17. #57

    Romney overmatched


  18. #58
    LOL it's so weird. This isn't even a debate for Romney. It's an interview with the American people. Meanwhile there's this bulldog next to him barking in his ear. That's sorta my take. I think they both look strong but in very different ways.

    The policies seem to be a total afterthought for some reason.

  19. #59
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,233
    If Pakistan ever goes, they would just loooove to take down India with it.

  20. #60
    It's like both these guys think the surge in Afghanistan was a success.

    And frankly the President sounds a lot like George W. Bush.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us