Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE JETS WILL RUN THE TABLE.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets just take care of the fins first. Jets need to win big.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think they run the table, but I think in a weak AFC, there is every chance they make it into the playoffs with 9 or 10 wins.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lose to the LOLphins this week, we ain't winning another game.

Things are that volatile in our Locker room and the media and fans just feed into it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    What makes you think the Jets will play like they did on Sunday for every game the rest of the season???????
    +1

They can play better than that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Lets just take care of the fins first. Jets need to win big.
    Agree 100 %

One series at a time...Smash the Sardines

Beat those pesky Byes the next week

Then keep rolling one game at a time

GO JETS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We lose to the LOLphins this week, we ain't winning another game.

Things are that volatile in our Locker room and the media and fans just feed into it.
    Exactly. This game has potential disaster written all over it. First off, the Dolphins are pretty good, the game definitely isn't a cakewalk. And football is football...anything can happen as we saw last week. A blown call, a turnover, a Special Teams play and the Jets end up losing a close one 17-16?....then it will be a MISERABLE two weeks at 3-5 waiting to get through the Bye Week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Exactly. This game has potential disaster written all over it. First off, the Dolphins are pretty good, the game definitely isn't a cakewalk. And football is football...anything can happen as we saw last week. A blown call, a turnover, a Special Teams play and the Jets end up losing a close one 17-16?....then it will be a MISERABLE two weeks at 3-5 waiting to get through the Bye Week.
    If we lose against the Sardines, then it's gonna be a long bye week with the media and fans beating up the team like a rented mule. Then we go to SEA, which will be a loss. Then we face a must win game against St. Louis. IF we lose that game and be 3-7, you can say hello to a 3 win season the rest of the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    since football is football, jetstream

couldn't any of those bad things also happen to the Dolphins?

or is that outside the realm of possibility?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Come on, we have a stellar track record against the Phins at home coming off a tough loss in Foxboro:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301212020

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    no doubt, another week of huge blowout, doors blown off, 3 touchdown plus loss predictions on the predictions thread by the same diehard Jet fans as last week

Get ready Badniss

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Come on, we have a stellar track record against the Phins at home coming off a tough loss in Foxboro:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301212020
    If that's the game I'm thinking of there was close to no offense for both teams and the Jets were literally beaten single-handedly by the Fins Punter who averaged almost 20 more yards per punt than Weatherford.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to sack tannenhill this week. Last game, i dont think he was even touched. Fins recievers are not any good. Time to single up the guys on the outside and blitz the hell out of the rookie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need to sack tannenhill this week. Last game, i dont think he was even touched. Fins recievers are not any good. Time to single up the guys on the outside and blitz the hell out of the rookie.
    Agreed. Rex needs to keep his unblemished record against rookie QBs.

The Jets are 4-0 under Rex Ryan against rookie quarterbacks. In those games, the quarterbacks have combined to complete less than 50 percent of their passes, throwing six interceptions and just one touchdown with a quarterback rating below 50.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not consistant enough to run table.

Not even close...

If they don't win this week they are toast, but if they go to the bye at 4-4 I say they go 5-3 in the second half...

The afc stinks, so 9-7 probably gets them a wild card.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Agreed. Rex needs to keep his unblemished record against rookie QBs.

The Jets are 4-0 under Rex Ryan against rookie quarterbacks. In those games, the quarterbacks have combined to complete less than 50 percent of their passes, throwing six interceptions and just one touchdown with a quarterback rating below 50.
    I'm ok with blitzing as long as we use a spy on Bush. Man up the outside, spy Bush & let the Dogs out after Tannyhill.
    He's a good runner so get a couple good shots in for good measure.
    Didn't we play the Fins without Hill & Keller?
    I think our offense is light years better than that game.
    I think Sanchez had 2 picks in the redzone too?
    Oh, & people were making fun of me saying our punter was important but I'll say it again, make rookies go LONG DISTANCES!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Yes- your a negative nelly & I have no idea how you enjoy being a fan.
    I got that from all of your posts.
    We all get negative from time to time but this board was crazy!
    99% of the fans on here were following the media idiots thinking we would lose by 30 points!
    I'm sorry you don't understand.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    Not even close...

If they don't win this week they are toast, but if they go to the bye at 4-4 I say they go 5-3 in the second half...

The afc stinks, so 9-7 probably gets them a wild card.
    I agree. 9-7 will get a WC spot in the AFC this year. The only team as of right now the Jets have to worry about with a WC tiebreaker is Pittsburgh.

AFC East - Assuming NE Wins Division...if the Jets beat Miami this week, they'll automatically have the tiebreaker there.

AFC North - Cincy has 4 losses like us and they're schedule is a lot tougher than ours. I already mentioned the Pitt scenario + Pitt is still in hunt for division anyway...Balt could start losing games then.

AFC South - Indy is 3-3 but Jets have the head to head tiebreaker. Jets also play Tenn. later in the year (can control destiny there)

AFC West - I think Denver is going to win division...only other threat for WC I see is SD and Jets play them later in the year (can control destiny there).

So, if the Jets go 9-7, with finishing the year with wins vs. Miami this week, at Tenn, and home to SD...not impossible if you think about it...I think that will get a playoff spot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I agree. 9-7 will get a WC spot in the AFC this year. The only team as of right now the Jets have to worry about with a WC tiebreaker is Pittsburgh.

AFC East - Assuming NE Wins Division...if the Jets beat Miami this week, they'll automatically have the tiebreaker there.

AFC North - Cincy has 4 losses like us and they're schedule is a lot tougher than ours. I already mentioned the Pitt scenario + Pitt is still in hunt for division anyway...Balt could start losing games then.

AFC South - Indy is 3-3 but Jets have the head to head tiebreaker. Jets also play Tenn. later in the year (can control destiny there)

AFC West - I think Denver is going to win division...only other threat for WC I see is SD and Jets play them later in the year (can control destiny there).

So, if the Jets go 9-7, with finishing the year with wins vs. Miami this week, at Tenn, and home to SD...not impossible if you think about it...I think that will get a playoff spot.
    Talk about controlling your own destiny!
    Jets are a better all around team than all of them. I think introducing the younger players into the defense over the next 9 games will be what puts us over the top.
    It's a helluva lot easier putting pressure on Tannyhill, (Locker/Hasselbach), even Rivers, then when we played Big Ben/Shaub/Brady.
    Like apples & oranges.
    Plus who knows if we'll even see Bradford, that guys always gets injured as some point.
    Rex defense will be what gets us over the hump vs those teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    If that's the game I'm thinking of there was close to no offense for both teams and the Jets were literally beaten single-handedly by the Fins Punter who averaged almost 20 more yards per punt than Weatherford.
    This is probably a better Phins team, if only because Tannehill is an upgrade over Henne (so far) and Bush wasn't on that team. Philbin may be a better head coach than Sparano too, although that really isn't saying much.

Really that game is irrelevant to this week, although it never comes easy against Miami since Rex has been in charge. Should be a good game, will be key if we can force Tannehill into another big mistake like the first game, that was really the difference.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before the season most of us hoped we would get through this tough stretch of the season at 4-4 going into the bye. We have lost Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Keller, Hill, and Ellis either for the season or for large chunks of this stretch and we're STILL looking pretty solid to go 4-4. I'm pretty proud of the team so far and as much as I wanted to kill management and the FO for a while, our depth and coaching looks to be alot better than we all thought. Our young guys have stepped up quite well. Davis, Trufant, Howard, McKnight, Coples, Wilk, etc... have all been solid contributors. We still have room for improvement, but I have to admit we really have been playing good football given our circumstances.