Thread: RV Parking - At game and surrounding areas

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

RV Parking - At game and surrounding areas

Me and 5 friends are driving an RV to New York (from Canada) for the two great games at Metlife Stadium over thanksgiving weekend. I have never been to the NY area, but have looked at a lot of maps. You can only get so much from a map.

I'm looking for any tips you guys might have.

- What parking lot should I try to get into for the best tailgating, or do all RV's have to park in the same parking lot? (there isn't much info on the Jets website)

- We also need a place to camp somewhat near (within a 30 minute drive, preferably) to the stadium. Any ideas? Again, campgrounds are not easy to find on the internet.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

GO JETS.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I moved this to the strip so maybe one of the veteran RV tailgaters will see it.

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a campsite very nice one called turkey swamp park in freehold nj ,it's about 50 min from stadium

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We took a party bus to the home opener and it took 4 parking passes to get in the lot. Which we had, because we got a VIP ticket package directly from the Jets.

Also, you cannot park in a regular parking spot. You have to park against the curb. The curb space fills up quickly in the PSL lots, but no so quickly in the VIP lots.