View Poll Results: n a stand alone basis, which was the worse referee blunder yesterday?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCourty being so fast that time stood still on KO return at 2:07 left in 4th.

7 12.73%
  • PI on Wilson by referee with X ray vision from roughly 77 feet away.

38 69.09%
  • Sack on Sanchez in OT to end game. Hitting QB below knees only applies to Brady.

6 10.91%
  • No unposrtsmanlike on Bellichick on Cromartie forced fumble at 1 for throwing red flag.

2 3.64%
  • Other

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On a stand alone basis, which was the worse referee blunder yesterday?

On a stand alone basis, which was the worse referee blunder yesterday?

Poll coming.

The question is which was the most egregious call yesterday. Not which one affected the game the most, but on a stand alone basis which was the worse officiating blunder yesterday.

PI on Wilson. That ****ing schmuck should be fired...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    PI on Wilson. That ****ing schmuck should be fired...
    Thats what I chose. I really wasnt sure about the conspiracy theory until that play.

If just that referee from 77 feet away calls that penalty, I would be more okay with it. But the fact that there was another ref right on top of the play who called nothing makes it infinitely worse.

All of the above

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I voted call on belichick for being the eternal cheater who misinterperts the rules and gets away with it. They still have to come to the Meadowlands and play the Jets at home.

I predict Rex runs the score right up the cheaties ass and let's McElroy start late in the fourth during garbage time. (-;

hi limo

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    hi limo
    Hey DK. How are you enjoying the Jets season so far?

All Pro
    The clock on the kick was the most egregious and just turrrrable

There is absolutely no way anyone can possibly defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I predict Rex runs the score right up the cheaties ass and let's McElroy start late in the fourth during garbage time. (-;
    Good prediction

Veteran
    They missed a couple of defensive offsides call on the patsies also. One. Was their rt DE lined up I n the neutral zone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The PI flag was obviously terrible because the ref standing right there didn't call it, but just as bad was the fact that it was delayed. Pats coaches and players on the sideline goaded the ref into it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The PI flag was obviously terrible because the ref standing right there didn't call it, but just as bad was the fact that it was delayed. Pats coaches and players on the sideline goaded the ref into it.
    This and if that call isn't made Pats punt we win!!!

It isn't funny anymore....... it has gotten so bad that in some ways some teams like the Pats and now it seems like the Giants fromwhat I can see are getting a different level of offciating... It is no wonder the Pats lost games when phantom calls were not made at the begining of the season with the replacement refs.....

Disgusting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The clock on the kick was the most egregious and just turrrrable

There is absolutely no way anyone can possibly defend it.
    Especially when you factor in what happened with the downs in the AFC championship game.

All Pro
    They were all pretty bad. The thing that annoyed me was when they called first down, but didn't stop the clock to move the chains, and didn't measure for first down. We called time out, then the booth reviewed the spot, took away the first down, but didn't give us the time out back, or put back the time that was lost. I'm not sure that it was wrong, but it should be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Does anyone actually know that Bellichek threw the flag or are we just assuming that he did? Will we be able to see when the All 22 comes out?

Also, what is the penalty for that? Does it negate the refs ability to review the play if he throws the flag?

As a long time Jet fan... I don't blame the refs for the loss. There were a lot of plays that we could have made, as well a few suspect coaching decisions that were in the teams control. Teams can't control the refs. Everyone does their job. Jets win. Talking about the refs sound as bad as the pats fans did about "that four points" they had lost three games by. Its over move on to Miami.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did anyone else rewatch the play where Chandler Jones (I think) tried to trip Sanchez and the announcers said its only illegal if you make contact. I rewound it a few times and you can DEFINITELY see his foot make contact with Sanchez's right heel. That should have offset the Jets holding call.

Jets Insider VIP
    The BS PI call with the ref with cataracts throwing his flag from New Hampshire after Beli handed him a wad of greenbacks...

By far the worst

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

email the nfl and let them know
    officeofcommissioner@nfl.com
    there you go. to get noticed you about 40,000 emails flooding his mail box and maybe he'll pull his head out of his ass

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Does anyone actually know that Bellichek threw the flag or are we just assuming that he did? Will we be able to see when the All 22 comes out?

Also, what is the penalty for that? Does it negate the refs ability to review the play if he throws the flag?
    Yes, I'd like to find this out as well.