Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Marijuanna Legalization

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Your misinformation is staggering.

The health problems associated with alcohol in this nations dwarf anything pot does.
    Was I talking about alcohol? No. So whyd you change the subject

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Geesh. Times have changed.
    yeah, it's hard to find a gallon of gas for a buck and a quarter anymore, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Glad I could round up all the dopers, it's usually pretty hard to get them to focus Of course they don't they don't want to hear anything bad about their escapism. Social deviates always want a Good Housekeeping seal of approval on their vices....

Paranoid over-concern aside, (which I'm guessing could be from traces of PCP or cranking up the ISO-2)

First, in JI no one can hear you laugh, although dope does give some the giggles

Second, I'm not a steward of others personal responsibility nor do I claim to be. Find that post o' mine where I do.

Third, I'm not telling anyone what to do. Just saying there are consequences that should not be dismissed. Not my problem if your
    testes decide to impersonate the California Raisins doing a death scream then atrophy. Again, find the post where I do tell folks what to do.

Fifth, Which parts are false?

Let me know how production and efficiency will go up after that 2 PM doobie break on the loading dock
    No one seeks your approval. Or anyone's, but in particular yours. The point is that you are grossly misinformed on this topic. Clueless, in fact.

The real question is then, why do you care? What drives your overwhelming desire to control the choices of other people? If their behavior is as destructive as you believe, let them kill themselves off and mind your own fukin business.

Hypocrisy at its finest. The intolerant and deplorable few that attempt to stand on a moral high horse spewing ancient ignorance has taken hilarity to a whole new level.

Bewildered Beast
    Glad I could round up all the dopers, it's usually pretty hard to get them to focus Of course they don't they don't want to hear anything bad about their escapism. Social deviates always want a Good Housekeeping seal of approval on their vices....

Paranoid over-concern aside, (which I'm guessing could be from traces of PCP or cranking up the ISO-2)

First, in JI no one can hear you laugh, although dope does give some the giggles

Second, I'm not a steward of others personal responsibility nor do I claim to be. Find that post o' mine where I do.

Third, I'm not telling anyone what to do. Just saying there are consequences that should not be dismissed. Not my problem if your
    testes decide to impersonate the California Raisins doing a death scream then atrophy. Again, find the post where I do tell folks what to do.

Let me know how production and efficiency will go up after that 2 PM doobie break on the loading dock
    You cranky misanthrope. wtf is all this, then?

You kill me.

I don't touch any drugs and never will.
    But facts are crime goes down not up.

A jerk saying he crashed into cars cause he smoked MJ?? Really that's what u came up with???

Every other thing you stated have studies that dispute it. So go read some more.

and men's health??? They contradict themselves issue to issue.

A doobie break??? yea because you can just take a liquor break at work now??

prohibition has not and never will work because $$$ runs this world and if there's $$$ to made from it in any way shape or form people will.

if your in law enforcement or a lawyer I understand job security and all. Outside of that I'd tell you you've been lied to my friend. Since about 1937. It was and always has been about $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post

if your in law enforcement or a lawyer I understand job security and all. Outside of that I'd tell you you've been lied to my friend. Since about 1937. It was and always has been about $$$.
    This.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No one seeks your approval. Or anyone's, but in particular yours. The point is that you are grossly misinformed on this topic. Clueless, in fact.

The real question is then, why do you care? What drives your overwhelming desire to control the choices of other people? If their behavior is as destructive as you believe, let them kill themselves off and mind your own fukin business.

Hypocrisy at its finest. The intolerant and deplorable few that attempt to stand on a moral high horse spewing ancient ignorance has taken hilarity to a whole new level.
    If you remove your head from your azz for a minute and try to comprehend, the only point I am making is that pot isn't a new flavor of sody pop and that using it has deleterious effects that should be noted. In fact many of the same people gettin' all worked up about sody pop are all for OTC dope. Why not start your kids on it then, Italians give their kids wine at dinner...

You allegedly work in the healthcare industry and don't get that, amazing. Or is it a steadfast stubborn belief in the libertarian nostrum that all of the studies vs mj are just gubmint / pharma propaganda that can't be trusted.

And yes, if my healthcare premiums cost of living or taxes go up to offset those deleterious effects I mentioned, it is my fuqin' business from a monetary standpoint....I'm not interested in paying for your or anyone's preventable abuse of such. Just like I'm not interested in subsidizing illegal alien anything, I'm not interested in subsidizing drug abuse. So stay out of my fukin' wallet!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You cranky misanthrope. wtf is all this, then?

You kill me.
    I know you loves those wrinkly singin' rascules!

the Raisins not the Stones

If you remove your head from your azz for a minute and try to comprehend, the only point I am making is that pot isn't a new flavor of sody pop and that using it has deleterious effects that should be noted. In fact many of the same people gettin' all worked up about sody pop are all for OTC dope. Why not start your kids on it then, Italians give their kids wine at dinner...

You allegedly work in the healthcare industry and don't get that, amazing. Or is it a steadfast stubborn belief in the libertarian nostrum that all of the studies vs mj are just gubmint / pharma propaganda that can't be trusted.

And yes, if my healthcare premiums cost of living or taxes go up to offset those deleterious effects I mentioned, it is my fuqin' business from a monetary standpoint....I'm not interested in paying for your or anyone's preventable abuse of such. Just like I'm not interested in subsidizing illegal alien anything, I'm not interested in subsidizing drug abuse. So stay out of my fukin' wallet!
    "If you're using (marijuana) medicinally, you should understand the risks and the benefits, just like any other therapy," Davis added. "Marijuana, in general, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances on Earth. Can it have some side effects? Yeah. But compared to pharmaceutical drugs, those side effects are much less."

Still, the rate of such cancers occurring in men is relatively low: There is a lifetime risk of slightly more than 1 percent, Cortessis said.

Nice try though

All Pro
    "If you're using (marijuana) medicinally, you should understand the risks and the benefits, just like any other therapy," Davis added. "Marijuana, in general, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances on Earth. Can it have some side effects? Yeah. But compared to pharmaceutical drugs, those side effects are much less."

Still, the rate of such cancers occurring in men is relatively low: There is a lifetime risk of slightly more than 1 percent, Cortessis said.

Nice try though
    Yeah you don't light up. Fire up an apple bowl next time you have a headache instead of that unsafe Bayer Aspirin, that way you can have a nutritious serving of fruit at the same time. Oh wait kids your age can get Jose Reyes syndrome from it so better ask Mommy 1st.

Lol try again.
    You were doing better with the fear tactics.
    Ignorance is bliss my friend.
    How old am I BTW???
    Last edited by SgtAshton; 10-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Not much different then a new flavor of any alcholic beverage that's introduced to the general public in a never ending wave of adds.

No doubt pot like any number of things is bad for you and potentially dangerous. The question is should a governmental line be drawn in the sand for everything that is potentially dangerious or bad for us?

It seems like the public has a general acceptance for people taking the edge off with any number of legal controlled substances. In this case you would think that the law should at some point catch up to that general public acceptance of Pot being a reasonably safe method of taking the edge off.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 10-27-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Lol try again.
    You were doing better with the fear tactics.
    Ignorance is bliss my friend.
    How old am I BTW???
    lol.

worthless to get into a fight with flushingsound.

Liberty is just too damn scary for some sycophants.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    lol.

worthless to get into a fight with flushingsound.

Liberty is just too damn scary for some sycophants.
    Well, yeah, that and everything else that makes him wrong about nearly everything he talks about.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Well, yeah, that and everything else that makes him wrong about nearly everything he talks about.
    Oh sure just pile on with yet another shallow observation.

Somehow I knew you'd insert yourself into a discussion including the word "dope"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Not much different then a new flavor of any alcholic beverage that's introduced to the general public in a never ending wave of adds.

No doubt pot like any number of things is bad for you and potentially dangerous. The question is should a governmental line be drawn in the sand for everything that is potentially dangerious or bad for us?

It seems like the public has a general acceptance for people taking the edge off with any number of legal controlled substances. In this case you would think that the law should at some point catch up to that general public acceptance of Pot being a reasonably safe method of taking the edge off.
    General acceptance? In the Netherlands maybe...

The problem is pot is not reasonably safe,which is the difference between this and a new flavor of alcoholic beverage. Unlike alcohol and tobacco, it's always intoxicating and sometimes hallucinatory-when science figures that one out by all means lets rename the ATF to the AMTF

Of course Libertarians dont like limits, except for limits on religion, campaign financing, national defense...

Bewildered Beast

The problem is pot is not reasonably safe,which is the difference between this and a new flavor of alcoholic beverage. Unlike alcohol and tobacco, it's always intoxicating and sometimes hallucinatory-when science figures that one out by all means lets rename the ATF to the AMTF

Of course Libertarians dont like limits, except for limits on religion, campaign financing, national defense...
    Ha ha ha - love your location. When are you stopping out here? Common!

Dixie X is one.

You mentioned testicular cancer but failed to mention the article on how CBD's can stop Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers.

You really don't know what your talking about do you?
    Im not even trying to be a jerk. Science has already figured it out but by law they cant use it because of its scheduling. So instead they have created synthetic versions that not only don't work as well but have terrible side effects.

Im serious go read a little more about it and get informed. The information is there

Have you never questioned the fact that Hemp is illegal to Grow in the US? WHY????
    Last edited by SgtAshton; 10-29-2012 at 03:43 PM.

I'm not a Libertarian.

Th need to take the edge off or get high on a regular basis is accepted as normal behavior in the society we live in. The laws should reflect the lazy self absorbed, self obsessed way we actually live. Out of the three most commonly used methods of self medicating, Booze, perscription drugs and illegal drugs, Pot, while in a very dangerous catagory, is clearly the least destructive.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I'm not a Libertarian.

The need to take the edge off or get high on a regular basis is accepted as normal behavior in the society we live in. The laws should reflect the lazy self absorbed, self obsessed way we actually live. Out of the three most commonly used methods of self medicating, Booze, perscription drugs and illegal drugs, Pot, while in a very dangerous catagory, is clearly the least destructive.
    That is doubtful. Less than 10% of the US are chronic chronic users.
    Not just tried under peer pressure.

Evident just from the paranoid stoners in this forum/thread:

Research has shown that, in chronic users, marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off.2 As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana

2 Pope HG, Gruber AJ, Hudson JI, Huestis MA, Yurgelun-Todd D. Neuropsychological performance in long-term cannabis users. Arch Gen Psychiatry 58(10):909–915, 2001.