Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far too much hate on Sanchez...

Far too much hate on Sanchez...

So much disdain, and not enough recognition, some of you have bought into the media agenda and the scrutiny against Sanchez.

All I read here is year 4 this, Sanchez should be that, so on and so forth..

How does Stafford look tonight, and for the season this year, this is his 4th year.

How about Flacco against the Texans last week? This is his year 5, Sanchez compeltely out played him with a lot less around him in their game against the Texans.

Your measuring sticks are too rigid on Sanchez, I think some of you are really buying into the media hype and scrutiny, you're buying into the Tebow crap.

You do realize there is another team on the field, that the players around the QB matter and contribute to a QB's and a team's success...

What QB has had to endure personnel turnover that Sanchez has the last TWO seasons?

But especially this year... think about it.

What QB is able to get through the injuries Sanchez has had to endure?

You DO realize a QB needs chemistry with his weapons, ESPECIALLY in a NEW offense...

Let's recount

Holmes gone after week 3...

Hill was gone after the Miami game, week 2, only game back 2 weeks ago. Those are his two starters, and in Hill a rookie.

The next week, Sanchez is playing with Kerley and Schilens as his starters in the 49er game, no Keller, Jason Hill just joins the team, he is our #3 WR in the Texans game. Still no Keller. Also don't forget the Jets lost Baker in the pre-season, Baker was going to be a HUGE part of the offense this year at TE/H-Back, and even some FB, he is that versatile, I think that was a HUGE loss that nob ody is talking about.

Sanchez has NO timing, NO chemistry with any of these new players. Keller is finally healthy yesterday, and right away, you see the chemistry, Sanchez knows his weapons, knows where to put the ball.

Peyton Manning is obsessed with having chemistry with his players, putting in the reps. He talks all the time about how important it is for a QB to have chemistry, a sixth sense with the players around him, at RB, at WR, at TE, his protections.

And now, Sanchez is dealing with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, a new FB was added two weeks ago.

Sanchez has been dealing with this ALL year, AND if you recall, going back to the pre-season, he had to deal with it then too. Holmes missed most of training camp after hurting himself before the first pre-season game, in the green/white scrimmage. Kerley missed most of camp to a hamstring, Schilens also missed most of camp. Sanchez was playing with Patrick ****ing Turner who isn't even on the team today, and the rookie Hill in the pre-season, and even Hill missed some time with a hamstring then.

Keller goes down in week 4 of the pre-season, and Sanchez is now playing wiht a relatively inexperienced TE in Cumberland, and a TE they plucked off of waivers in Rueland after the final cuts.

WHAT QB is able to perservere through this, and then is asked to go out and beat Pittsburgh on the road, SF and Houston at home in the first 5 games of the year?

People are not taking all factors into consideration, people don't realize the deck that Sanchez has been dealt even THIS year. Last year is another story, but MUCH along the same lines.

You know, I listened to the Namath interview with Kay today, I don't care what anybody says, Namath has become a jackass, I get some of what he's saying, but I GUARANTEE you Namath himself doens't consider ANYTHING I just posted above, the handicap Sanchez has had to play with this year.

Right Joe, you never had any flaws as a player, you were 100% money in every game no matter who the supporting cast was. Man, how quickly some people forget. Now I wan't around for Namath's marquee years with the team, but I can study history, I can research, I can watch video. During Namath's best year as a Jet, 1967, the only year he threw for more than 4,000 yds, want to know what his comp % and the # of INT's he threw? How about 51% and 28 INTs, and just 26 TD's... His rating. a whopping 73!!! That was Joe's BEST year as a Jet, not even the championship year.

Want to know Joe's number in 68?

49% comp, 3100 yds, 15 TD's, 17 INT's, 72 QB rating

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

I'm not saying Sanchez is without flaw, and does NOT make mistakes, and STILL has some ways to go, but people really need to put it all together, the body of work, the handicaps he's been dealt. There IS another team on the field. Sanchez isn't the only QB making mistakes, players with MORE tenure make the same mistakes all the time, Brady made his fair share yesterday, and has in the past, against our very Jets team, look no further than our playoff game two years ago. All the good QB's, no matter their tenure make mistakes. What is this measuring stick that some of you have imposed, "it's year 4, Sanchez shouldn't be makin these mistakes anymore..." Really? Do any of you even WATCH football when the Jets aren't one of the teams playing?

I'm sorry, it's too much, sit back, evaluate these other QB's in the league, the ups and downs they ALL have, the ups and downs they have BECAUSE there is another team on the field, why doesn't anybody ever consider there is a defense out there that is doing their best to force these mistakes, and that ALL QB's are subjected to them?

Yes it's year 4, but if you look closely, now that we actually have some of our talent coming back from injury, and that Sanchez is starting to get comfortable in Sparano's offense, his play since that Texans game has actually been very good, just go back and look at the stats, look at the performance of the offense. The second half of the Texans game, the Colts game, and probably one of his better games in the Pats game on Sunday.

Patience is hard, but Sanchez deserves more time, he's STILL just 26 years old.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-23-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice points I don't agree with it all but nice job...

Get ready for the responses.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Good post.

Whether Sanchez is at fault or not. He's going to take the brunt because he's the QB. Jets have doomed him from the start of his career and did a piss poor job of developing. Bad habits are hard to break and Sanchez has a ton of them. He has flashes, but is one of the most inconsitant quarterbacks I've ever seen play the game.

All League
    Overall I agree.

People were selling tickets at crack prices for the Texan game......getting ready to fire everyone.....yet somehow this team is still well alive and in the race for the division.

Way too much knee jerk reaction, and way too much black and white evaluations without looking at the thousands of variables that factor into the outcome of each game, each half, each play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So much disdain, and not enough recognition, some of you have bought into the media agenda and the scrutiny against Sanchez.

All I read here is year 4 this, Sanchez should be that, so on and so forth..

How does Stafford look tonight, and for the season this year, this is his 4th year.

How about Flacco against the Texans last week? This is his year 5, Sanchez compeltely out played him with a lot less around him in their game against the Texans.

Your measuring sticks are too rigid on Sanchez, I think some of you are really buying into the media hype and scrutiny, you're buying into the Tebow crap.

You do realize there is another team on the field, that the players around the QB matter and contribute to a QB's and a team's success...

What QB has had to endure personnel turnover that Sanchez has the last TWO seasons?

But especially this year... think about it.

What QB is able to get through the injuries Sanchez has had to endure?

You DO realize a QB needs chemistry with his weapons, ESPECIALLY in a NEW offense...

Let's recount

Holmes gone after week 3...

Hill was gone after the Miami game, week 2, only game back 2 weeks ago. Those are his two starters, and in Hill a rookie.

The next week, Sanchez is playing with Kerley and Schilens as his starters in the 49er game, no Keller, Jason Hill just joins the team, he is our #3 WR in the Texans game. Still no Keller. Also don't forget the Jets lost Baker in the pre-season, Baker was going to be a HUGE part of the offense this year at TE/H-Back, and even some FB, he is that versatile, I think that was a HUGE loss that nob ody is talking about.

Sanchez has NO timing, NO chemistry with any of these new players. Keller is finally healthy yesterday, and right away, you see the chemistry, Sanchez knows his weapons, knows where to put the ball.

Peyton Manning is obsessed with having chemistry with his players, putting in the reps. He talks all the time about how important it is for a QB to have chemistry, a sixth sense with the players around him, at RB, at WR, at TE, his protections. And now, he's dealing with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, a new FB was added two weeks ago.

Sanchez has been dealing with this ALL year, AND if you recall, going back to the pre-season, he had to deal with it then too. Holmes missed most of training camp after hurting himself before the first pre-season game, in the green/white scrimmage. Kerley missed most of camp to a hamstring, Schilens also missed most of camp. Sanchez was playing with Patrick ****ing Turner who isn't even on the team today, and the rookie Hill in the pre-season, and even Hill missed some time with a hamstring then.

Keller goes down in week 4 of the pre-season, and Sanchez is now playing wiht a relatively inexperienced TE in Cumberland, and a TE they plucked off of waivers in Rueland after the final cuts.

WHAT QB is able to perservere through this, and then is asked to go out and beat Pittsburgh on the road, SF and Houston at home in the first 5 games of the year?

People are not taking all factors into consideration, people don't realize the deck that Sanchez has been dealt even THIS year. Last year is another story, but MUCH along the same lines.

You know, I listened to the Namath interview with Kay today, I don't care what anybody says, Namath has become a jackass, I get some of what he's saying, but I GUARANTEE you Namath himself doens't consider ANYTHING I just posted above, the handicap Sanchez has had to play with this year.

Right Joe, you never had any flaws as a player, you were 100% money in every game no matter who the supporting cast was. Man, how quickly some people forget. Now I wan't around for Namath's marquee years with the team, but I can study history, I can research, I can watch video. During Namath's best year as a Jet, 1967, the only year he threw for more than 4,000 yds, want to know what his comp % and the # of INT's he threw? How about 51% and 28 INTs, and just 26 TD's... His rating. a whopping 73!!! That was Joe's BEST year as a Jet, not even the championship year.

Want to know Joe's number in 68?

49% comp, 3100 yds, 15 TD's, 17 INT's, 72 QB rating

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

I'm not saying Sanchez is without flaw, and does NOT make mistakes, and STILL has some ways to go, but people really need to put it all together, the body of work, the handicaps he's been dealt.

Nice job, Ray.

It's not that I hate Mark, it's that I hate the way he makes me feel. I have no confidence in him. I just keep waiting for the INT or fumble.

That said, it's not like our woes are all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's not that I hate Mark, it's that I hate the way he makes me feel. I have no confidence in him. I just keep waiting for the INT or fumble.

That said, it's not like our woes are all on him.
    Unfortunately, Mark will never let you down in that regard. Its just who he is.

Veteran
    8 posts and nothing negative except some 'I disagrees'. New record for Sanchez on here.
    I root for the kid. He's likable.

Criticism is not hate.

Some fans just have difficulty seeing the bright side of a quarterback that is ranked 30th in the league for passer rating and 32nd in the league for QBR. Just like he's been ranked the previous three seasons.

I think it's worrisome to keep thinking it's chemistry or some other issue. And that's the reason I think some of us are preparing to move on. It sucks to keep hoping he'll get better Ray and to have him meltdown against teams like Miami. I personally wouldn't mind picking up a guy like Tyler Wilson high in the second (I think he falls due to the upheaval of his program) and groom him. Hopefully Sanchez develops but if not you have a contingency. Blindly hoping he'll get better is what a lot of us did with Pennington and it never got us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Criticism is not hate.

Some fans just have difficulty seeing the bright side of a quarterback that is ranked 30th in the league for passer rating and 32nd in the league for QBR. Just like he's been ranked the previous three seasons.
    Nice job completely ignoring everything written in this post to regurgitate the same tired agenda of the hater wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    8 posts and nothing negative except some 'I disagrees'. New record for Sanchez on here.
    I root for the kid. He's likable.
    I will ALWAYS root for him. If you root against your team and players, you are not really a fan of your team.

Jets Insider VIP
    When is this sh*t going to end?

Was Sanchez the sole reason that we lost this game? No.

But please stop pretending as if the loss had nothing to do with him.

The kid is still one of the most inaccurate, turnover prone QB's in the league. I don't even know how the hell that can be disputed. Facts are facts.

It's blatantly obvious at this point that Sanchez will never be the face of this offense. Best case scenario, we have an Alex Smith situation on our hands. A mediocre QB who can have success with an elite squad around him but will completely falter if we ask him to do anything more than the bare minimum.

Please...PLEASE tell me why we should hitch our wagon to that for the forseeable future?

Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I think it's worrisome to keep thinking it's chemistry or some other issue. And that's the reason I think some of us are preparing to move on. It sucks to keep hoping he'll get better Ray and to have him meltdown against teams like Miami. I personally wouldn't mind picking up a guy like Tyler Wilson high in the second (I think he falls due to the upheaval of his program) and groom him. Hopefully Sanchez develops but if not you have a contingency. Blindly hoping he'll get better is what a lot of us did with Pennington and it never got us anywhere.
    I'm not blindly hoping

I still see flashes of play that suggest he can still do it, especially in the last 3 weeks.

I also consider all the points made, there is no hope, there is potential and evidence. Some have put their blinders on for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    When is this sh*t going to end?

Was Sanchez the sole reason that we lost this game? No.

But please stop pretending as if the loss had nothing to do with him.

The kid is still one of the most inaccurate, turnover prone QB's in the league. I don't even know how the hell that can be disputed. Facts are facts.

It's blatantly obvious at this point that Sanchez will never be the face of this offense. Best case scenario, we have an Alex Smith situation on our hands. A mediocre QB who can have success with an elite squad around him but will completely falter if we ask him to do anything more than the bare minimum.

Please...PLEASE tell me why we should hitch our wagon to that for the forseeable future?

Seriously

Alex Smith NEVER has the game Sanchez had yesterday!

Where in the opening post did I suggest Sanchez had nothing to do with yesterday's loss? Was it when I said Sanchez is not without flaws, and still makes mistakes?

Your agenda remains, your blinders are on too tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I will ALWAYS root for him. If you root against your team and players, you are not really a fan of your team.
    Agreed. I don't expect much from him, but I'm always saying my customary "Let's go, Mark" when he takes the field.

Would I be fine with him getting replaced by a newly drafted QB? You bet. Still, I find it hard not to root for the guy. I just feel bad for him.

Jets Insider VIP

Good God

Stop right there.

Did you see Smith against the Saints in last years playoffs?

He basically took a sh*t on Drew Brees' face.

Hell, have you seen Smith at all in the past two years or are you talking out of your ass and sucking this team off at every turn as usual?

Smith is nothing to write home about, but he's turned into a rock solid gamemanager since Harbaugh took over. Which is more than we can say about Sanchez.

I'm not blindly hoping

I still see flashes of play that suggest he can still do it, especially in the last 3 weeks.

I also consider all the points made, there is no hope, there is potential and evidence. Some have put their blinders on for whatever reason.
    I didn't mean for that to come off as me saying YOU were blindly hoping. I just feel like I am sometimes. When I am miss part of a game sometimes, I come back hoping to see him lighting it up. The only time I have been greeted with that was the opener against the Bills. I see flashes, but there is not enough consistency for me to say he is the answer in year 4. The longer he remains inconsistent the more my hope fades. I think what you misunderstand is that any of us asking to replace Sanchez wish he would make us look like fools for even thinking it. I wish he'd go out and throw for 32TDs at a 70% clip. Drafting another QB and looking at starting over after next year is over is saddening to all of us. I am sure UT would agree, we all wish Sanchez would dominate and play consistently.

Where in the opening post did I suggest Sanchez had nothing to do with yesterday's loss? Was it when I said Sanchez is not without flaws, and still makes mistakes?

Your agenda remains, your blinders are on too tight!
    You really want to stick by that statement ?