Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Far too much hate on Sanchez...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Nice job completely ignoring everything written in this post to regurgitate the same tired agenda of the hater wagon.
    The one consistency that Mark Sanchez has had since he has entered the NFL is that he is at the bottom of the statistics heap year after year. Never manages to make it to the middle or surge to the top.

Bottom, year after year. Some QBs have an 'off' year and drop off. Not Mark Sanchez, he's had nothing but 'off' years. Never been 'on'.

But folks like you want to dismiss all that. Somehow stats don't matter. It used to be wins were all that mattered. Now that the wins aren't coming, there are new excuses.

So you judge a QB on faith. You say your opinion is based on what you see in a game. But you refuse to acknowledge the lack of leadership, lack of poise, costly turnovers, and inaccuracy. You just dismiss all that and bank on the hope that he'll get better.

Good luck with that. I hope it works out for you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is mediocre.

I'd like Sanchez replaced next season for two reasons
    1. The belief that the Sanchez/Jets marriage wont work.
    2. Threads like this AND those on the flip side can be blown to shreds, and we can wait a solid 8 weeks for these kind of threads to pop up about rookie QB X

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another in a long list of posts saying how it is okay for our qb to suck because some other qb sucks and also is okay because some other qb once sucked then became good.

Another in a long list of Sanchpologists that actually screw their own argument by saying we have a poor supporting cast and how can poor mark be expected to do anything. These are the same people whio heaped praise on him for 'taking us to two afc title games' as if it were all on him.

Sanchez is innaccurate.
    Sanchez has terrible pocket presence.
    Sancehz turns the ball over not only often but almost always at the most ghastly of times.

He's one of the worst starters in the league and I'll be glad when he is gone.

Even when he has one of his good games like yesterday he still finds a way to just totally blow about 4 or 5 critical plays in the game.

The excuse bowl is dry, he sucks far too often to have any faith at all that he will ever deliver the only thing that matters, the superbowl.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The one consistency that Mark Sanchez has had since he has entered the NFL is that he is at the bottom of the statistics heap year after year. Never manages to make it to the middle or surge to the top.

Bottom, year after year. Some QBs have an 'off' year and drop off. Not Mark Sanchez, he's had nothing but 'off' years. Never been 'on'.

But folks like you want to dismiss all that. Somehow stats don't matter. It used to be wins were all that mattered. Now that the wins aren't coming, there are new excuses.

So you judge a QB on faith. You say your opinion is based on what you see in a game. But you refuse to acknowledge the lack of leadership, lack of poise, costly turnovers, and inaccuracy. You just dismiss all that and bank on the hope that he'll get better.

Good luck with that. I hope it works out for you.

Yep yep. You can look at individual seasons as well. Sure, a QB like Stafford or Flacco will have bad days. Thing is, that's the EXCEPTION to the rule. Most other weeks, they will do quite well, or maybe even play lights out. Contrast that to Sanchez. His "baseline" is mediocre at best, and every now and then he might do something to surprise you, for all of a couple of minutes.

Even when a guy like Stafford goes through a mini slump of sorts, you KNOW that he's going to come out of it at some point and light things up. With Sanchez ? That's not the case as he's given absolutely no indication that he can or will take it to the next level.

It's not to say that he won't, I mean, guys just surprise you some times.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I didn't mean for that to come off as me saying YOU were blindly hoping. I just feel like I am sometimes. When I am miss part of a game sometimes, I come back hoping to see him lighting it up. The only time I have been greeted with that was the opener against the Bills. I see flashes, but there is not enough consistency for me to say he is the answer in year 4. The longer he remains inconsistent the more my hope fades. I think what you misunderstand is that any of us asking to replace Sanchez wish he would make us look like fools for even thinking it. I wish he'd go out and throw for 32TDs at a 70% clip. Drafting another QB and looking at starting over after next year is over is saddening to all of us. I am sure UT would agree, we all wish Sanchez would dominate and play consistently.
    Damn straight

What Jets fan doesn't want to see Sanchez succeed?

What Jets fan wants to waste more time developing another QB?

The problem with the apologists is that they confuse legit criticism with blind hatred.

Sanchez is one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league with a penchant for turning the ball over in the most backbreaking situations. Please tell me what is fictional about that statement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Good God

Stop right there.

Did you see Smith against the Saints in last years playoffs?

He basically took a sh*t on Drew Brees' face.

Hell, have you seen Smith at all in the past two years or are you talking out of your ass and sucking this team off at every turn as usual?

Smith is nothing to write home about, but he's turned into a rock solid gamemanager since Harbaugh took over. Which is more than we can say about Sanchez.
    Good you like history, did Sanchez not do the same to Brady two years ago? How quickly people forget, well at least those with an agenda.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good you like history, did Sanchez not do the same to Brady two years ago? How quickly people forget, well at least those with an agenda.
    LOL

Do you even remember what you posted just minutes ago?

You said that Smith isn't even capable of putting together a performance that rivals what Sanchez did yesterday. Against arguably the worst secondary in the league no less.

You can't possibly be this dense.

The word "homer" doesn't even begin to describe you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Do you even remember what you posted just minutes ago?

You said that Smith isn't even capable of putting together a performance that rivals what Sanchez did yesterday. Against arguably the worst secondary in the league no less.

You can't possibly be this dense.

The word "homer" doesn't even begin to describe you.
    He's not. When was the last time Smith put up 40 passes? His last 300 yd game?

Save your insults, there is nothing in my posts in this thread that is homer talk, you are so obsessed with hatred you can't even comprehend what I actually wrote. You're a broken record incapable of fair evaluation using factors that can go for and against Sanchez. Your problem is you rely too easily on fantasy numbers to sway your opinion, you said it yourself, you're a ff junkie, that is the flaw with fans today, fantasy sports influences their thinking, Sanchez hasn't been a top fantasy player, alas your opinion is created. It's shallow, naive, and un-objective. Your are the last to accuse anybody of bias or throw the homer label around.

And btw, to all of those throwing stats, etc, and immediately interpreting my post as some sort of promotion that Sanchez is great or will be great, I ask you the same, did you bother to actually read the posts?

I'm well aware of the stats, well aware of the rankings, but again did you read a single thing I wrote about why some of that may be the case, the handicap he has had to play with all year to date?

Now that the team is starting to get healthy on offense, how about comparing Sanchez 's numbers the last 3 weeks with the rest of the league?

Why only look at things with the same blinders and same grey glasses?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-23-2012 at 01:47 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Save your insults, there is nothing in my posts in this thread that is homer talk, you are so obsessed with hatred you can't even comprehend what I actually wrote. You're a broken record incapable of fair evaluation using factors that can go for and against Sanchez. Your problem is you rely too easily on fantasy numbers to sway your opinion, you said it yourself, you're a ff junkie, that is the flaw with fans today, fantasy sports influences their thinking, Sanchez hasn't been a top fantasy player, alas your opinion is created. It's shallow, naive, and un-objective. Your are the last to accuse anybody of bias or throw the homer label around.

And btw, to all of those throwing stats, etc, and immediately interpreting my post as some sort of promotion that Sanchez is great or will be great, I ask you the same, did you bother to actually read the posts?

I'm well aware of the stats, well aware of the rankings, but again did you read a single thing I wrote about why some of that may be the case in the handicap he has has to play with all year to date?

Now that the team is staring to get healthy on offense, how about comparing Sanchez 's numbers the last 3 weeks with the rest of the league?

When was the last time Smith threw for 300 yards? Two weeks ago.

And stats are what I'm basing my opinion of Sanchez on? Really?

Anyone with a functional set of eyeballs can tell that this kid isn't the answer.

And the whole "weak supporting cast" argument doesn't hold much water when rookies like Ryan Tannehill and Brandon f*cking Weeden are playing at a higher level throwing to the likes of Davone Bess/Brian Hartline and Greg Little/Mohammed Massaquoi.

In your perfect little world, all is looking up for this team.

Rex sh*ts on Belichick, Sanchez is well on his way to solidifying himself as a franchise QB, etc.

It's f*cking silly and pretty much everyone sees it besides you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of the stats, well aware of the rankings, but again did you read a single thing I wrote about why some of that may be the case in the handicap he has has to play with all year to date?

Now that the team is staring to get healthy on offense, how about comparing Sanchez 's numbers the last 3 weeks with the rest of the league?

I read your post, I shook my head, then proceeded to laugh my ass off.

Yes, Sanchez has been limited by some of the factors you mentioned, but here's the thing. Other QBs have faced the same limitations and have performed much better than Sanchez in those situations.

In short, Sanchez needs everything around him to be absolutely perfect just to (maybe) be slightly better than run of the mill. For god's sake, freaking Ryan Tannehill and Jake Locker, just to name a couple, have better overall stats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of the stats, well aware of the rankings, but again did you read a single thing I wrote about why some of that may be the case, the handicap he has had to play with all year to date?

Now that the team is starting to get healthy on offense, how about comparing Sanchez 's numbers the last 3 weeks with the rest of the league?

Look Ray I actually didn't think Sanchez's game was bad. In fact I thought it was pretty good in the second half. But over the course of this season he hasn't made me think "wow! this guy is the answer, let's not draft a high upside prospect to groom in case he fails". I think we should grab a falling Tyler Wilson if possible and find a better OC to groom him (never was a huge Sporano guy in the first place). That OC hopefully can help Sanchez too. I think Sporano merely masks Sanchez's issues and doesn't really help solve them. Running the ball because you can't develop a QB is not a winning formula in my book.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

So much disdain, and not enough recognition, some of you have bought into the media agenda and the scrutiny against Sanchez.

All I read here is year 4 this, Sanchez should be that, so on and so forth..

How does Stafford look tonight, and for the season this year, this is his 4th year.

How about Flacco against the Texans last week? This is his year 5, Sanchez compeltely out played him with a lot less around him in their game against the Texans.

Your measuring sticks are too rigid on Sanchez, I think some of you are really buying into the media hype and scrutiny, you're buying into the Tebow crap.

You do realize there is another team on the field, that the players around the QB matter and contribute to a QB's and a team's success...

What QB has had to endure personnel turnover that Sanchez has the last TWO seasons?

But especially this year... think about it.

What QB is able to get through the injuries Sanchez has had to endure?

You DO realize a QB needs chemistry with his weapons, ESPECIALLY in a NEW offense...

Let's recount

Holmes gone after week 3...

Hill was gone after the Miami game, week 2, only game back 2 weeks ago. Those are his two starters, and in Hill a rookie.

The next week, Sanchez is playing with Kerley and Schilens as his starters in the 49er game, no Keller, Jason Hill just joins the team, he is our #3 WR in the Texans game. Still no Keller. Also don't forget the Jets lost Baker in the pre-season, Baker was going to be a HUGE part of the offense this year at TE/H-Back, and even some FB, he is that versatile, I think that was a HUGE loss that nob ody is talking about.

Sanchez has NO timing, NO chemistry with any of these new players. Keller is finally healthy yesterday, and right away, you see the chemistry, Sanchez knows his weapons, knows where to put the ball.

Peyton Manning is obsessed with having chemistry with his players, putting in the reps. He talks all the time about how important it is for a QB to have chemistry, a sixth sense with the players around him, at RB, at WR, at TE, his protections.

And now, Sanchez is dealing with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, a new FB was added two weeks ago.

Sanchez has been dealing with this ALL year, AND if you recall, going back to the pre-season, he had to deal with it then too. Holmes missed most of training camp after hurting himself before the first pre-season game, in the green/white scrimmage. Kerley missed most of camp to a hamstring, Schilens also missed most of camp. Sanchez was playing with Patrick ****ing Turner who isn't even on the team today, and the rookie Hill in the pre-season, and even Hill missed some time with a hamstring then.

Keller goes down in week 4 of the pre-season, and Sanchez is now playing wiht a relatively inexperienced TE in Cumberland, and a TE they plucked off of waivers in Rueland after the final cuts.

WHAT QB is able to perservere through this, and then is asked to go out and beat Pittsburgh on the road, SF and Houston at home in the first 5 games of the year?

People are not taking all factors into consideration, people don't realize the deck that Sanchez has been dealt even THIS year. Last year is another story, but MUCH along the same lines.

You know, I listened to the Namath interview with Kay today, I don't care what anybody says, Namath has become a jackass, I get some of what he's saying, but I GUARANTEE you Namath himself doens't consider ANYTHING I just posted above, the handicap Sanchez has had to play with this year.

Right Joe, you never had any flaws as a player, you were 100% money in every game no matter who the supporting cast was. Man, how quickly some people forget. Now I wan't around for Namath's marquee years with the team, but I can study history, I can research, I can watch video. During Namath's best year as a Jet, 1967, the only year he threw for more than 4,000 yds, want to know what his comp % and the # of INT's he threw? How about 51% and 28 INTs, and just 26 TD's... His rating. a whopping 73!!! That was Joe's BEST year as a Jet, not even the championship year.

Want to know Joe's number in 68?

49% comp, 3100 yds, 15 TD's, 17 INT's, 72 QB rating

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

I'm not saying Sanchez is without flaw, and does NOT make mistakes, and STILL has some ways to go, but people really need to put it all together, the body of work, the handicaps he's been dealt. There IS another team on the field. Sanchez isn't the only QB making mistakes, players with MORE tenure make the same mistakes all the time, Brady made his fair share yesterday, and has in the past, against our very Jets team, look no further than our playoff game two years ago. All the good QB's, no matter their tenure make mistakes. What is this measuring stick that some of you have imposed, "it's year 4, Sanchez shouldn't be makin these mistakes anymore..." Really? Do any of you even WATCH football when the Jets aren't one of the teams playing?

I'm sorry, it's too much, sit back, evaluate these other QB's in the league, the ups and downs they ALL have, the ups and downs they have BECAUSE there is another team on the field, why doesn't anybody ever consider there is a defense out there that is doing their best to force these mistakes, and that ALL QB's are subjected to them?

Yes it's year 4, but if you look closely, now that we actually have some of our talent coming back from injury, and that Sanchez is starting to get comfortable in Sparano's offense, his play since that Texans game has actually been very good, just go back and look at the stats, look at the performance of the offense. The second half of the Texans game, the Colts game, and probably one of his better games in the Pats game on Sunday.

Patience is hard, but Sanchez deserves more time, he's STILL just 26 years old.
    Oh please rookies who have never been in the nfl much less coaching and personell changes that every team in the league goes thru are playing better than him. My goodness he gets more excuses than anyone in history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ray!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was the last time Smith threw for 300 yards? Two weeks ago.

And stats are what I'm basing my opinion of Sanchez on? Really?

Anyone with a functional set of eyeballs can tell that this kid isn't the answer.

And the whole "weak supporting cast" argument doesn't hold much water when rookies like Ryan Tannehill and Brandon f*cking Weeden are playing at a higher level throwing to the likes of Davone Bess/Brian Hartline and Greg Little/Mohammed Massaquoi.

In your perfect little world, all is looking up for this team.

Rex sh*ts on Belichick, Sanchez is well on his way to solidifying himself as a franchise QB, etc.

It's f*cking silly and pretty much everyone sees it besides you.
    What is hilarious is that the jets nearly did exactly that, **** on the Patriots and a lot of it was because of Sanchez. The refs bailed out them out.

I have a functional set of eyeballs, as I actually watch the games, no agenda, and not with my head buried in a fantasy stat sheet.

Again, since you still can't read, I'm not saying Sanchez has accomplished anything, nor am I saying he is well in his way to anything, I'm saying he is getting a raw deal from fans like you and the door isn't yet closed on his career. He can still so it, he can still become that player, the potential is still there and we are still seeing it in flashes, but this year has been a huge hurdle because of the injuries he's had to deal with all over the offense. He could also do everything you suggest he already has.

And BTW, Sanchez had a similar rookie season as Tannehill and Weeden are having, Sanchez once operated without any remorse, fearless, and did it with lesser talent, and without teams having a good scouting report of his weaknesses where teams could gameplan against him. Lets wait until those QB's have to make adjustments when teams make their own.

How quickly you forget, it was because of Sanchez' run in the playoffs and especially that AFCCG game that he nearly got us to a SB in his rookie year. And don't bother with the spin that Sanchez had nothing to so with it because if a good running game and a good defense because that is a copout!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-23-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I read your post, I shook my head, then proceeded to laugh my ass off.

Yes, Sanchez has been limited by some of the factors you mentioned, but here's the thing. Other QBs have faced the same limitations and have performed much better than Sanchez in those situations.

In short, Sanchez needs everything around him to be absolutely perfect just to (maybe) be slightly better than run of the mill. For god's sake, freaking Ryan Tannehill and Jake Locker, just to name a couple, have better overall stats.
    Go back and look at the rookie year of Sanchez, compare it to the first 6 games of Tannehill, and except for the statistical anomaly game where Tannehill out up big numbers against the Cardinals, the other 5 games have been average at best. Sure, Tannehill has shown some flashes, not unlike Sanchez did, lets see how Tannehill finishes the year. Jake Locker? Give me a ****ing break.

And really, you are the last person to even attempt to comment in a thread like this, shut it Tebow fan!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just let me know when it will be fair to expect anything out of him.

Stafford has put up a 40 TD, 5000 yd season. THAT is why he gets more faith.

Again, the opponent matters. Every QB lights up NEs secondary.

You sound like Rex with the "give credit to the opponent". Enough. How about we beat a winning team for a change.

If Sanchez is playing, he isn't injured. If he has an injury that effects his play, he shouldn't play. I am not going to grade him on a curve b.c we think he might be injured.

No weapons is a fair argument. Still wouldn't make up for throwing balls at people's feet or 5 feet over their heads. Or holding onto the ball too long with one hand. Or staring down his targets.

Comparing Namath's stats with Sanchez' is silly. But you know that. Different game, different era. Namath was the first QB to throw for 4000 yards in a season. In fairness to Mark he has made some of his own history. Sanchez was the first QB in 13 years to have a completion % under 50% for four straight games.

But please let us know when it will be fair to expect something better from him. I don't want to be unfair to Mark.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please let us kmow when it's OK for Jet fans to discuss our team without annoying interference from an individual who hates everything about the team

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop Calvin Johnson and you stop Mathew Stafford. Would rather root for the Jets than Detroit. At least the Jets have a chance year in year out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just let me know when it will be fair to expect anything out of him.

Stafford has put up a 40 TD, 5000 yd season. THAT is why he gets more faith.

Again, the opponent matters. Every QB lights up NEs secondary.

You sound like Rex with the "give credit to the opponent". Enough. How about we beat a winning team for a change.

If Sanchez is playing, he isn't injured. If he has an injury that effects his play, he shouldn't play. I am not going to grade him on a curve b.c we think he might be injured.

No weapons is a fair argument. Still wouldn't make up for throwing balls at people's feet or 5 feet over their heads. Or holding onto the ball too long with one hand. Or staring down his targets.

Comparing Namath's stats with Sanchez' is silly. But you know that. Different game, different era. Namath was the first QB to throw for 4000 yards in a season. In fairness to Mark he has made some of his own history. Sanchez was the first QB in 13 years to have a completion % under 50% for four straight games.

But please let us know when it will be fair to expect something better from him. I don't want to be unfair to Mark.
    For somebody that LOVES to get on his soapbox about poster interaction and confrontation on this site, it's hilarious when you do so and proceed to stroke your own ego with continued snarkiness and arrogance, hilarious actually.

Nevertheless, all that aside, this thread isn't about suggesting that we don't or sholdn't have expectations for Sanchez, or even criticize his play. And once again, I'm not proposing he hasn't deserved some criticism, I just think the extreme notion that he is done as a player and will never be the player we all hope or had hoped he'd be is still premature, and I've provided reasons for this.

And I wasn't comparing Namath's stats, I was using his stats to remind HIM that he wasn't without flaw either, yet if you listened to his radio spot last night on ESPN, he comes off arrogant and pompous about Sanchez' play and how he would never have let certain things happen on the field when he played. For somebody who is rather critical of Sanchez, he seems to forget his own playing career.

Giving the opponent credit is merely reminding people that the team isn't out there operating without contention, without friction, and without obstacles. The fantasy fans in this thread would not be happy with Sanchez unless he was ripping off 400 yds, multiple TD's and a 70% comp, it's unreasonable, ESPECIALLY given the supporting case he's had to work with thusfar THIS year, which again, is the entire point of the thread.

I think the potential is still there, and I'm not yet ready to give up on the player.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-23-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please let us kmow when it's OK for Jet fans to discuss our team without annoying interference from an individual who hates everything about the team

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

What you call "annoying interference" is actually a legitimate differing perspective, the very thing that makes this forum a great place. You obviously do not understand how a forum works. Respectful (I know that is a foreign term to you) argument and discussion is the very purpose of JI.

Once again, please tell me how I can prove my love of the Jets to you. Do I need to wish injury to Tebow? Or do I simply just have to agree with everything you say?