Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Far too much hate on Sanchez...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't argue with a lot from the OP.

New system, New WR's, his go-to guys were injured.

Since Keller has been back he's been much better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So much disdain, and not enough recognition, some of you have bought into the media agenda and the scrutiny against Sanchez.

All I read here is year 4 this, Sanchez should be that, so on and so forth..

How does Stafford look tonight, and for the season this year, this is his 4th year.

How about Flacco against the Texans last week? This is his year 5, Sanchez compeltely out played him with a lot less around him in their game against the Texans.

Your measuring sticks are too rigid on Sanchez, I think some of you are really buying into the media hype and scrutiny, you're buying into the Tebow crap.

You do realize there is another team on the field, that the players around the QB matter and contribute to a QB's and a team's success...

What QB has had to endure personnel turnover that Sanchez has the last TWO seasons?

But especially this year... think about it.

What QB is able to get through the injuries Sanchez has had to endure?

You DO realize a QB needs chemistry with his weapons, ESPECIALLY in a NEW offense...

Let's recount

Holmes gone after week 3...

Hill was gone after the Miami game, week 2, only game back 2 weeks ago. Those are his two starters, and in Hill a rookie.

The next week, Sanchez is playing with Kerley and Schilens as his starters in the 49er game, no Keller, Jason Hill just joins the team, he is our #3 WR in the Texans game. Still no Keller. Also don't forget the Jets lost Baker in the pre-season, Baker was going to be a HUGE part of the offense this year at TE/H-Back, and even some FB, he is that versatile, I think that was a HUGE loss that nob ody is talking about.

Sanchez has NO timing, NO chemistry with any of these new players. Keller is finally healthy yesterday, and right away, you see the chemistry, Sanchez knows his weapons, knows where to put the ball.

Peyton Manning is obsessed with having chemistry with his players, putting in the reps. He talks all the time about how important it is for a QB to have chemistry, a sixth sense with the players around him, at RB, at WR, at TE, his protections.

And now, Sanchez is dealing with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, a new FB was added two weeks ago.

Sanchez has been dealing with this ALL year, AND if you recall, going back to the pre-season, he had to deal with it then too. Holmes missed most of training camp after hurting himself before the first pre-season game, in the green/white scrimmage. Kerley missed most of camp to a hamstring, Schilens also missed most of camp. Sanchez was playing with Patrick ****ing Turner who isn't even on the team today, and the rookie Hill in the pre-season, and even Hill missed some time with a hamstring then.

Keller goes down in week 4 of the pre-season, and Sanchez is now playing wiht a relatively inexperienced TE in Cumberland, and a TE they plucked off of waivers in Rueland after the final cuts.

WHAT QB is able to perservere through this, and then is asked to go out and beat Pittsburgh on the road, SF and Houston at home in the first 5 games of the year?

People are not taking all factors into consideration, people don't realize the deck that Sanchez has been dealt even THIS year. Last year is another story, but MUCH along the same lines.

You know, I listened to the Namath interview with Kay today, I don't care what anybody says, Namath has become a jackass, I get some of what he's saying, but I GUARANTEE you Namath himself doens't consider ANYTHING I just posted above, the handicap Sanchez has had to play with this year.

Right Joe, you never had any flaws as a player, you were 100% money in every game no matter who the supporting cast was. Man, how quickly some people forget. Now I wan't around for Namath's marquee years with the team, but I can study history, I can research, I can watch video. During Namath's best year as a Jet, 1967, the only year he threw for more than 4,000 yds, want to know what his comp % and the # of INT's he threw? How about 51% and 28 INTs, and just 26 TD's... His rating. a whopping 73!!! That was Joe's BEST year as a Jet, not even the championship year.

Want to know Joe's number in 68?

49% comp, 3100 yds, 15 TD's, 17 INT's, 72 QB rating

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

I'm not saying Sanchez is without flaw, and does NOT make mistakes, and STILL has some ways to go, but people really need to put it all together, the body of work, the handicaps he's been dealt. There IS another team on the field. Sanchez isn't the only QB making mistakes, players with MORE tenure make the same mistakes all the time, Brady made his fair share yesterday, and has in the past, against our very Jets team, look no further than our playoff game two years ago. All the good QB's, no matter their tenure make mistakes. What is this measuring stick that some of you have imposed, "it's year 4, Sanchez shouldn't be makin these mistakes anymore..." Really? Do any of you even WATCH football when the Jets aren't one of the teams playing?

I'm sorry, it's too much, sit back, evaluate these other QB's in the league, the ups and downs they ALL have, the ups and downs they have BECAUSE there is another team on the field, why doesn't anybody ever consider there is a defense out there that is doing their best to force these mistakes, and that ALL QB's are subjected to them?

Yes it's year 4, but if you look closely, now that we actually have some of our talent coming back from injury, and that Sanchez is starting to get comfortable in Sparano's offense, his play since that Texans game has actually been very good, just go back and look at the stats, look at the performance of the offense. The second half of the Texans game, the Colts game, and probably one of his better games in the Pats game on Sunday.

Patience is hard, but Sanchez deserves more time, he's STILL just 26 years old.
    Great post Ray.

I am a Sanchez supporter... I just wish the FO/Woody would fully support him too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez has had a QBR of around 95 for the last two weeks so you people talking about stats are fishing without bait. When you factor in all the things Ray brought up, and add in the poor play calling in the red zone this week, and the fact that Schilens screwed up three slants in a row, I think you guys are nitpicking. This offense is starting to come together. They need to start throwing more on 1st down in my opinion, and stop calling that slant to Schilens. Maybe let Rueland run that route so they have to respect the run.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For somebody that LOVES to get on his soapbox about poster interaction and confrontation on this site, it's hilarious when you do so and proceed to stroke your own ego with continued snarkiness and arrogance, hilarious actually.

Nevertheless, all that aside, this thread isn't about suggesting that we don't or sholdn't have expectations for Sanchez, or even criticize his play. And once again, I'm not proposing he hasn't deserved some criticism, I just think the extreme notion that he is done as a player and will never be the player we all hope or had hoped he'd be is still premature, and I've provided reasons for this.

And I wasn't comparing Namath's stats, I was using his stats to remind HIM that he wasn't without flaw either, yet if you listened to his radio spot last night on ESPN, he comes off arrogant and pompous about Sanchez' play and how he would never have let certain things happen on the field when he played. For somebody who is rather critical of Sanchez, he seems to forget his own playing career.

Giving the opponent credit is merely reminding people that the team isn't out there operating without contention, without friction, and without obstacles. The fantasy fans in this thread would not be happy with Sanchez unless he was ripping off 400 yds, multiple TD's and a 70% comp, it's unreasonable, ESPECIALLY given the supporting case he's had to work with thusfar THIS year, which again, is the entire point of the thread.

I think the potential is still there, and I'm not yet ready to give up on the player.
    Ray, thanks for taking the time to clarify.

Obviously we disagree about Namath. I think everyone would agree that the wish he would be an ally and asset to the franchise. But I think both parties are to blame for that.

I can't argue that there is a chance Sanchez will improve and become the player we hoped he would. There is always a chance. I just think it is unlikely at this point. But Sanchez is not the only one to blame, I think most fans can agree to that.

I stated before the season that even if Sanchez' yardage and TDs went down a little that this year could still be considered an improvement based on how he played. I try to avoid judging him on stats b.c he does not have great talent around him that can turn a 10 yd pass into a 60 yd TD. I have primarily focused on decision making, fundamentals/technique and accuracy. I haven't seen much of an improvement in those areas. IMO those are aspects to his game that he is in control of. Those are things that can be fairly judged no matter what the system is or who he has playing around him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please let us kmow when it's OK for Jet fans to discuss our team without annoying interference from an individual who hates everything about the team

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    already time for a diaper change this morning I see

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, well thought out post. But, I have to ask, why dont you address the fact that he is prone to turning the ball over and continues to make the same mistakes he made when he was a rookie? His turnovers led to a 12 point swing in New Englands favor. He continues to leave plays on the field and lacks touch at times when placing the ball. While he does make a few really great throws a game he continues to make more bad throws and makes decisions which leaves you scratching your head.

The comparison to Joe Willie is entirely off base. Different rules lead to different results. The league is set up to facilitate the passing game and while Joe goes overboard at time I dont have any problem with his comments and neither should you. The man accomplished a lot in this league more than you and any other person on this board in the league. You minimize his accomplishments and then defend Sanchez who has been a marginal QB at best.

The comparison to other QB's in the league is pointless. I dont care what other QBs do and what their stats are. I want a QB here that is consistent and can make all the throws without needlessly turning the ball over. I am not a Tebow supporter so please do not use that as a cop out should you address my post. I have seen enough of Mark Sanchez to know that he is an inconsistent QB and that is probably who he will be for the rest of his career. One that can suceed when given a powerful run game and elite defense. One that will not succeed when the team relies on him to win a game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post Ray..I agree 100%.. I started a thread about two weeks ago stating how people will be eating there words in the second half of the yr.You watch this team is gonna get hot at the right time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not blindly hoping

I still see flashes of play that suggest he can still do it, especially in the last 3 weeks.

I also consider all the points made, there is no hope, there is potential and evidence. Some have put their blinders on for whatever reason.
    Ray......by far your best post ever. You raise many good points, and I agree with some of them. But, results speak louder than words, and in 2 of the last 3 weeks, Sanchez has had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win, and we got an interception and a fumble. I like Mark, he's a great kid, but I just don't see the consistency in him to make me believe that he's going to take us to the next level. But again, excellent post.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mister blind homer,

Joe played in an era where QBs were men. Comparing stats from the 60s to now shows you have no clue. Again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until Sanchez starts hitting these

He will always get the hate.. And its Rightfully so.. It's time for him to step up and elevate the team or its time for him to sit down..

like one of those former NFL scouts said on twitter last night we win games in spite of Sanchez.

Jets are 19-21 in games where Sanchez throws 25 or more passes. 11-3 in games he doesn't.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe CBNY said it best before we drafted Sanchez and I'll paraphrase: Sanchez could be successful in many NFL systems, The Jets system, however is not one of them.

There are a few weaknesses on the Jets, including quarterback.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say Sanchez to this point hasn't folded considering the bombardment of negativity. From Tebow to the bad loses he hasn't put his head in the sand.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much disdain, and not enough recognition, some of you have bought into the media agenda and the scrutiny against Sanchez.

How does Stafford look tonight, and for the season this year, this is his 4th year.

How about Flacco against the Texans last week? This is his year 5, Sanchez compeltely out played him with a lot less around him in their game against the Texans.

Your measuring sticks are too rigid on Sanchez, I think some of you are really buying into the media hype and scrutiny, you're buying into the Tebow crap.

You do realize there is another team on the field, that the players around the QB matter and contribute to a QB's and a team's success...

What QB has had to endure personnel turnover that Sanchez has the last TWO seasons?

You DO realize a QB needs chemistry with his weapons, ESPECIALLY in a NEW offense...

Let's recount

Hill was gone after the Miami game, week 2, only game back 2 weeks ago. Those are his two starters, and in Hill a rookie.

The next week, Sanchez is playing with Kerley and Schilens as his starters in the 49er game, no Keller, Jason Hill just joins the team, he is our #3 WR in the Texans game. Still no Keller. Also don't forget the Jets lost Baker in the pre-season, Baker was going to be a HUGE part of the offense this year at TE/H-Back, and even some FB, he is that versatile, I think that was a HUGE loss that nob ody is talking about.

Sanchez has NO timing, NO chemistry with any of these new players. Keller is finally healthy yesterday, and right away, you see the chemistry, Sanchez knows his weapons, knows where to put the ball.

Peyton Manning is obsessed with having chemistry with his players, putting in the reps. He talks all the time about how important it is for a QB to have chemistry, a sixth sense with the players around him, at RB, at WR, at TE, his protections.

And now, Sanchez is dealing with injuries up and down the RB depth chart, a new FB was added two weeks ago.

Sanchez has been dealing with this ALL year, AND if you recall, going back to the pre-season, he had to deal with it then too. Holmes missed most of training camp after hurting himself before the first pre-season game, in the green/white scrimmage. Kerley missed most of camp to a hamstring, Schilens also missed most of camp. Sanchez was playing with Patrick ****ing Turner who isn't even on the team today, and the rookie Hill in the pre-season, and even Hill missed some time with a hamstring then.

Keller goes down in week 4 of the pre-season, and Sanchez is now playing wiht a relatively inexperienced TE in Cumberland, and a TE they plucked off of waivers in Rueland after the final cuts.

WHAT QB is able to perservere through this, and then is asked to go out and beat Pittsburgh on the road, SF and Houston at home in the first 5 games of the year?

People are not taking all factors into consideration, people don't realize the deck that Sanchez has been dealt even THIS year. Last year is another story, but MUCH along the same lines.

You know, I listened to the Namath interview with Kay today, I don't care what anybody says, Namath has become a jackass, I get some of what he's saying, but I GUARANTEE you Namath himself doens't consider ANYTHING I just posted above, the handicap Sanchez has had to play with this year.

Right Joe, you never had any flaws as a player, you were 100% money in every game no matter who the supporting cast was. Man, how quickly some people forget. Now I wan't around for Namath's marquee years with the team, but I can study history, I can research, I can watch video. During Namath's best year as a Jet, 1967, the only year he threw for more than 4,000 yds, want to know what his comp % and the # of INT's he threw? How about 51% and 28 INTs, and just 26 TD's... His rating. a whopping 73!!! That was Joe's BEST year as a Jet, not even the championship year.

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

I'm not saying Sanchez is without flaw, and does NOT make mistakes, and STILL has some ways to go, but people really need to put it all together, the body of work, the handicaps he's been dealt. There IS another team on the field. Sanchez isn't the only QB making mistakes, players with MORE tenure make the same mistakes all the time, Brady made his fair share yesterday, and has in the past, against our very Jets team, look no further than our playoff game two years ago. All the good QB's, no matter their tenure make mistakes. What is this measuring stick that some of you have imposed, "it's year 4, Sanchez shouldn't be makin these mistakes anymore..." Really? Do any of you even WATCH football when the Jets aren't one of the teams playing?

I'm sorry, it's too much, sit back, evaluate these other QB's in the league, the ups and downs they ALL have, the ups and downs they have BECAUSE there is another team on the field, why doesn't anybody ever consider there is a defense out there that is doing their best to force these mistakes, and that ALL QB's are subjected to them?

Yes it's year 4, but if you look closely, now that we actually have some of our talent coming back from injury, and that Sanchez is starting to get comfortable in Sparano's offense, his play since that Texans game has actually been very good, just go back and look at the stats, look at the performance of the offense. The second half of the Texans game, the Colts game, and probably one of his better games in the Pats game on Sunday.

+ 10000000

Sanchez had a bad miss on a TD again but overall played really well... Hill catches that ball and we win the game and noones whining about Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I will say Sanchez to this point hasn't folded considering the bombardment of negativity. From Tebow to the bad loses he hasn't put his head in the sand.
    That's definitely one thing you can give him props for. Despite all the criticism, he always handles it with class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I believe CBNY said it best before we drafted Sanchez and I'll paraphrase: Sanchez could be successful in many NFL systems, The Jets system, however is not one of them.

There are a few weaknesses on the Jets, including quarterback.
    If I where the jets I would have put him in a spread scheme.. Quick tempo and no huddles for him.. It seems to work for him plus it would help him see over the line better. Less chance for batting passes down.. But they only do this is in 2 minute drills.

Ground and pound is dead and never coming back. Sooner Rex realize that the better. This is a passing league .
    Last edited by Scoop24; 10-23-2012 at 09:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think sanchez is more at ease with holmes out. it's probably easier to run the huddle, for sanchez to not have to worry about throwing to the 4 year old. he's got his TE back too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's recount

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

Haha. Man you are clueless. Passing for 85 yards against the Colts and passing well against the worst secondary in the NFL makes you think he is turning it around?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Another in a long list of posts saying how it is okay for our qb to suck because some other qb sucks and also is okay because some other qb once sucked then became good.

Another in a long list of Sanchpologists that actually screw their own argument by saying we have a poor supporting cast and how can poor mark be expected to do anything. These are the same people whio heaped praise on him for 'taking us to two afc title games' as if it were all on him.

Sanchez is innaccurate.
    Sanchez has terrible pocket presence.
    Sancehz turns the ball over not only often but almost always at the most ghastly of times.

He's one of the worst starters in the league and I'll be glad when he is gone.

Even when he has one of his good games like yesterday he still finds a way to just totally blow about 4 or 5 critical plays in the game.

The excuse bowl is dry, he sucks far too often to have any faith at all that he will ever deliver the only thing that matters, the superbowl.
    This guy gets it

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's recount

Hey Joe, STFU!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think sanchez is more at ease with holmes out. it's probably easier to run the huddle, for sanchez to not have to worry about throwing to the 4 year old. he's got his TE back too.
    This!!! I actually think the more comfortable Sanchez gets in the pocket this year the better he will be as a QB this year.....