Thread: Have the guts to declare your prediction before commenting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Have the guts to declare your prediction before commenting

I predicted Jets 28 Patriots 21 (http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/se...earchid=484565)

Everyone here that is b!itching and moaning about Sanchez sucks and coaches have to go and blah blah blah should have the b@lls to start their comment with "I predicted Jets x and Cheats Y"

then say what ever you want. Since 90% of the posters here predicted a Jets disaster, it will put some real perspective on what you have to say now.

It's ridiculous, nearly everyone complaining about a 3 point overtime loss thought it would be a total blowout. Stand up for your convictions and then make your comment in light of the result, which was we did a thousand time better than you thought we would. Now go ahead nit pick about 3 plays out of 50 or 60.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I predicted Jets 28 Patriots 21 (http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/se...earchid=484565)

Everyone here that is b!itching and moaning about Sanchez sucks and coaches have to go and blah blah blah should have the b@lls to start their comment with "I predicted Jets x and Cheats Y"

then say what ever you want. Since 90% of the posters here predicted a Jets disaster, it will put some real perspective on what you have to say now.

It's ridiculous, nearly everyone complaining about a 3 point overtime loss thought it would be a total blowout. Stand up for your convictions and then make your comment in light of the result, which was we did a thousand time better than you thought we would. Now go ahead nit pick about 3 plays out of 50 or 60.
    That is not because the jets and suckchez are good this is more of an indication of how bad the pats are this year any other pats team of the last 2 or 3 years would have destroyed us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    That is not because the jets and suckchez are good this is more of an indication of how bad the pats are this year any other pats team of the last 2 or 3 years would have destroyed us.
    Yet the Vegas line had the Pats as double-digit favorites, and most on this site (myself included) were braced for a blow-out.

I never "hated" Sanchez the way I did after that fumble, but looking back we DID play a much better game than I thought we would . . .

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I predicted a win! Look at me! Look at me!

I have to wonder how all of the team cheerleaders here want to give the Jets credit for coming so close to winning yet they downplay the quality of the team they faced saying they're terrible. Why can't it be a great gameplan from the coaching staff for a beat up team to come so close?

In fact, I bet if you checked, they may have even written an ESPN article about it or something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post

I have to wonder how all of the team cheerleaders here want to give the Jets credit for coming so close to winning yet they downplay the quality of the team they faced saying they're terrible. Why can't it be a great gameplan from the coaching staff for a beat up team to come so close?

In fact, I bet if you checked, they may have even written an ESPN article about it or something.
    Fan\cheerleader, kinda the same thing. Last time I looked it was a team sport. That includes the coaches. Just because you didn't like one aspect of the game doesn't mean the whole team sucks, and that's how the whiners are coming across.

How can you be upset about the mistakes, which were far fewer than the positives, when you had it set in your mind it was going to be blowout anyway? Did you think they would play a perfect game and still lose 45 to 0?

Once you realize this is not a SB team this year, and see how well the younger guys did, and even the vets, it's pretty obvious that they don't suck. They have a lot of talent and as they get more experience I believe we could be an SB team next year.

The roof fell in game two and we have been getting better every game since. Did you notice we held the best team in football to their lowest score of the year? And then brought it to over time with a team who was going to destroy us this week? Criticisim is fine, but why does it have to be accompanied by an overall evaluation that this is the worst team in football?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post

Fan\cheerleader, kind of the same thing. We played better this week than we have all year and continued an upward trend. Were we great? No. Did we make mistakes? Yes. Did we look a hell of a lot better than we did against the 49ers? Absolutely.

My point is how so many expected us to play a perfect game and still get blown out 45 to 0.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all forget the fact that there are no great teams right now. We should have beaten the Texan's, and we should have beaten the Pats. The season is far from over. Maybe we learn from the mistakes, and maybe we just keep getting better, and overcome the mistakes. You do have to realize that without the great coaching, and good play of Sanchez, we'd never have been in the position to screw it up at the end. Glass half full. It could be worse, and careful what you wish for, and all that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll admit it I had the Pats by 21 ... Our D played great.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen anyone start a thread to brag about a wrong prediction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PUT YE NAME ON IT!

Anyway, I already made my crow-eating thread the other day, admitting I was wrong. Gotta man up, fellas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1 Where do these nutjobs come from?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do I declare my prediction if I have to do it before I comment?

I assume that by commenting on the comment, I should have previously declared my prediction but then again, wouldn't that be a comment too?

This is like an episode of the twilight zone.... it's driving me crazy.... what to do.. what to do...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Where do I declare my prediction if I have to do it before I comment?

I assume that by commenting on the comment, I should have previously declared my prediction but then again, wouldn't that be a comment too?

This is like an episode of the twilight zone.... it's driving me crazy.... what to do.. what to do...
    Picture, if you will...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the 500 people who predicated the Jets would lose were correct and the 20 who said we would win were wrong. That's pretty clear.

this is what it has come to for the happy happy joy joy club. Being happy that we didn't get smoked and almost won a game and then bleating that they did something impressive by predicting us to win the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had 27-24 Pats. I should've bet on that game, the spread was out of line.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked out Obama's website?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    l
    Ok, I formatted poorly. I forgot how many pinheads read the title and 1st line only before commenting. All I tried to point out was if you expected a blowout you had to expect poor play. Therefore how can you be so vehement that they suck due to a few plays when they did so much better than you predicted?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    l
    Ok, I formatted poorly. I forgot how many pinheads read the title and 1st line only before commenting. All I tried to point out was if you expected a blowout you had to expect poor play. Therefore how can you be so vehement that they suck due to a few plays when they did so much better than you predicted?
    Other than maybe Tex, you've got to admit, Jets fans were the ones predicting the worst.