Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A deal with Detroit makes a lot of sense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    And it was one of the dumbest trades of all time.

Raiders continue to be one of the worst teams in the entire NFL.
    First off when you have a Mark Sanchez as your Qb, you shouldn't be making fun of any one's QB. ( It laughable)
    C Palmer hasn't been the problem for the Raiders.(He playing like a top ten Qb) That despite the fact that Darren Mcfadden hasn't looked good running in the new offense scheme yet.( Raiders can't run the football right now, that the real problem- one dimensional right now on offense) and the Oline has had it problem adjusting to the new blocking scheme. (taking more time than it should have) Carson Palmer been taking a beating every week.

Once Raiders running games starts going(can't be this bad much longer as they have too much talent at Rb) Carson Palmer numbers will improve a lot. Right now he carrying Raiders offense by himself. http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonpalmer/2505245/profile

JMO They have to start giving M Goodson 11 carriers for 89 yards and 8 receptions for121 yards 15.1 average . and Taiwan jones(Yet to get one carry yet) more chances in the offense. Both seem to fit the new blocking scheme(offense) much better than Darren Mcfadden. (Mcfadden just not reading the right holes to exploit and not showing patience to let those holes develop)

No I'm not advocating Dmc not to start but you have to give the other backs more chances until DMc starts to get the offense down. In this offense everything is predicated off the running game. When you can't run those play action passes aren't as effective. making C Palmer numbers even more impressive.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    First off when you have a Mark Sanchez as your Qb, you shouldn't be making fun of any one's QB. ( It laughable)
    C Palmer hasn't been the problem for the Raiders.(He playing like a top ten Qb) That despite the fact that Darren Mcfadden hasn't looked good running in the new offense scheme yet.( Raiders can't run the football right now, that the real problem- one dimensional right now on offense) and the Oline has had it problem adjusting to the new blocking scheme. (taking more time than it should have) Carson Palmer been taking a beating every week.

Once Raiders running games starts going(can't be this bad much longer as they have too much talent at Rb) Carson Palmer numbers will improve a lot. Right now he carrying Raiders offense by himself. http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonpalmer/2505245/profile

JMO They have to start giving M Goodson 11 carriers for 89 yards and 8 receptions for121 yards 15.1 average . and Taiwan jones(Yet to get one carry yet) more chances in the offense. Both seem to fit the new blocking scheme much better than Darren Mcfadden. Both are more Patient runners waiting for the holes to develop and probably have better vision to see the backside runs(Mcfadden just not reading the right holes to exploit)

No I'm not advocating Dmc not to start but you have to give the other backs more chances until DMc starts to get the offense down. In this offense everything is predicated off the running game. When you can't run those play action passes aren't as effective. making C Palmer numbers even more impressive.
    Carson Palmer is playing like a top 10 QB????

I was wondering where you have been, thanks for coming back, providing the LOL's as always.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

JMO They have to start giving M Goodson 11 carriers for 89 yards and 8 receptions for121 yards 15.1 average . and Taiwan jones(Yet to get one carry yet) more chances in the offense. Both seem to fit the new blocking scheme(offense) much better than Darren Mcfadden. Both are more Patient runners waiting for the holes to develop and probably have better vision to see the backside runs(Mcfadden just not reading the right holes to exploit and not showing patience to let those holes develop)

Well my fantasy team is at a crucial stage right now at 3-4. Tell the "2012 MVP" get his **** together, I used the 10th overall on him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Carson Palmer is playing like a top 10 QB????

I was wondering where you have been, thanks for coming back, providing the LOL's as always.
    Let see in 6 games Carson Plamer has 148 completions on 241 attempts for 1,753 yards, 61.4 completion percentage 7.2 average per pass , 7tds 4 interceptions 12 sacks. 86 qb rating.

When Raiders running game get on track eventually his numbers are going way up. That is a fact as he carrying the offense by him self right now. Darren Mcfadden averaging a paltry 3.1 yards per carry. Sooner or later he going to get going and thats when C Palmer job becomes a lot easier and his numbers improve tremendously.

BTw Lets wait till 16 games is played and we will examine C Palmer numbers.(yes he will be in the top ten)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-23-2012 at 11:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let see in 6 games Carson Plamer has 148 completions on 241 attempts for 1,753 yards, 61.4 completion percentage 7.2 average per pass , 7tds 4 interceptions 12 sacks. 86 qb rating.

When Raiders running game get on track eventually his numbers are going way up. That is a fact as he carrying the offense by him self right now. Darren Mcfadden averaging a paltry 3.1 yards per carry. Sooner or later he going to get going and thats when C Palmer job becomes alot easier.
    As always, thanks for lolz!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Well my fantasy team is at a crucial stage right now at 3-4. Tell the "2012 MVP" get his **** together, I used the 10th overall on him
    Tell me about it. No one's more disgusted with Greg Knapps offense and the running game right now, than me. They took one of the best Rb's in football when healthy and made him a non factor. It been a slow process for DMC in this new offense and the Oline hasn't gelled yet in this new blocking scheme.

Dmc is pressing right now and JMO I don't think giving him every carry is the way to go. It time to start using the other running backs you have and let him get a breather now and than. M Goodson has found the holes that Darren MCfadden not reading correctly.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-24-2012 at 12:12 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd maybe trade for Suh but not Avril. If we trade him I's rather it be to Denver for Dumervil, Ayers, or Miller. Avil really just doesn't do anything for me. I also doubt they tag him again because the FA market at DE looks good next year and they did draft Ronnell Lewis. I'd also think about giving Garrett McIntyre a shot at DE if we do switch. McIntyre, Wilk, Ellis, Coples would be an OK DL.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 10-24-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'd maybe trade for Suh but not Avril. If we trade him I's rather it be to Denver for Dumervil, Ayers, or Miller. Avil really just doesn't do anything for me. I also doubt they tag him again because the FA market at DE looks good next year and they did draft Ronnell Lewis. I'd also think about giving Garrett McIntyre a shot at DE if we do switch. McIntyre, Wilk, Ellis, Coples would be an OK DL.
    Yes, just what we need: another defensive lineman. Not to mention one with attitude issues and is always a step away from a suspension.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    As always, thanks for lolz!!!!
    Hey If you thought that was funny. You will like this one. Mark Sanchez in 7 games 116 completions in 218 attempts 53.2% completion percentage 1, 453 yards 6.7 average 9 Tds , 7 Interceptions 14 sacks 74.6 Qb ranking. Those numbers are a franchise Qb's numbers.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 10-24-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey If you thought that was funny. You will like this one. Mark Sanchez in 7 games 116 completions in 218 attempts 53.2% completion percentage 1, 453 yards 6.7 average 9 Tds , 7 Interceptions 14 sacks 74.6 Qb ranking. Those numbers are a franchise Qb's numbers.
    2-4 lol. Have fun competing for 1st overall.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Couple items

1. QBs (even carson plamer) are more valuable then CBs

2. Because oakland made a moronic deal, doesnt meant other teams will.
    I don't see us getting this much for a damaged player. Revis, will not be back to normal for a long time, if ever and the NFL knows it. If we can get a lot, and out of a huge contract that has inhibited us from building a balanced team, then hell yeah! 2nd and a stud, but only if he agrees to long term, medium money, heavy incentive based.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can draft a pass rusher plenty of teams have them. What they DONT have is a SHUT DOWN CORNER

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

JMO They have to start giving M Goodson 11 carriers for 89 yards and 8 receptions for121 yards 15.1 average . and Taiwan jones(Yet to get one carry yet) more chances in the offense. Both seem to fit the new blocking scheme(offense) much better than Darren Mcfadden. (Mcfadden just not reading the right holes to exploit and not showing patience to let those holes develop)

What does Mark Sanchez have to do wiith this you idiot? I believe Mark Sanchez is an avg to below avg QB.

The Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league and have been for years. When you trade a 1st and 2nd(that could become a 1st) round picks for a QB, he at the very least better lead you to the playoffs. Yet, your team is still at the botton of the league.

No need to bring Sanchez into this. This is not about him. It's about one of the dumbest franchises in sports and the constant moronic moves they make.

And I'm not making fun at your QB. I'm making fun at your organization for one of the dumbest moves of all time.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-24-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL the raiser super homer is back after promising us how dominant the Raiders would be again this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    You can draft a pass rusher plenty of teams have them. What they DONT have is a SHUT DOWN CORNER
    Unfortunately for us, pass rushers win you games, and we dont have one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    There absolutely no reason to trade revis.. Him and Cro are the only 2 sure things the jets have...
    We could franchise Reavis for two years as he is the top Cb in the game forcing a better trade value than anything suggested here.If Reavis is not franchised then Cro could be franchised.
    Detroit is deep in Dl only. No rbs. No wr. Simply no playmakers available. Pass.Actually Dallas may may offer more, given potential coaching change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

What does this mean???

I think it means that the Raiders lost almost every game in this season so far causing you to hide...

But miraculously squeaked out a win over the Jaguars the worst team in the NFL at home (with their starting QB out no less)

so now you crawled back

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    We could franchise Reavis for two years as he is the top Cb in the game forcing a better trade value than anything suggested here.If Reavis is not franchised then Cro could be franchised.
    Detroit is deep in Dl only. No rbs. No wr. Simply no playmakers available. Pass.Actually Dallas may may offer more, given potential coaching change.
    Couple quick things for you....

Cro has a long term deal, no need to franchise him.

A clause was inserted into Revis' contract that if he didnt hold out during the first 3 years, which he wont, the team CANNOT use the franchise tag on him, so he will be the most UN-restricted free agent the NFL has seen since the advent of the tag.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm open to trading away Revis but not for Cliff Avril and a 2nd rounder. Maybe for Avril and a 1st... but Avril is nothing special. He benefits from playing with a lot of talent on the DL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Unfortunately for us, pass rushers win you games, and we dont have one.
    I say Why Yes!!! Yes they certainly do.....