My biggest concern is Sanchez will he ever become consistent and show
    awareness that a QB has to have. I've supported him since he's been
    drafted but at this point he's got to show me. I'm tired of watching the
    same mistakes crop up EVERY game if he steps up there is no reason
    we can't end up 10-6. There is no unbeatable team on our schedule over
    the last 9 games

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    mostly, a lot of the draft picks who most on this website have been flogging for a while, are actually playing better. on offense you have sanchez, kerley, hill, keller, mcknight and ducasse. powell too, when healthy. throw in hilliard, a big upgrade from connor. on defense you have coples/wilk/davis, and we can all argue about wilson or antonio allen. kendrick is out a bit but was contributing.

truth, we see that tanny's picks haven't been that bad. they just need more juice on offense, which has been neglected in the early rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything seems to be in place,but the HUGE ? is the QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mistake I totally forgot about Hillard. What a total upgrade he's been
    over Connor. I don't think its an accident that the running game picked
    up when he got playing time. On top of that when he gets the ball he
    actually gets yards, shocking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they lose to Miami, the season is over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the AFC is weak now but I still think we are going to have to go 7-2 to make it. I think we will have to be 10-6, at that number we are definitely in.

Does this team have that kind of run in them?

I need to see them put together back-to-back games without making horrible mistakes first before I will allow myself to believe they are consistent enough to go 7-2 to finish the season.

We haven't put together back-to-back series let along back-to-back games. When the offense is good, the D gives it back. When the D is good, the offense sputters. Even the STs have had their ups and downs. When Sanchez has been good, the WRs have dropped some balls, when the WRs are open Sanchez has missed them. Our whole team is out of sync. I can't get excited about beating up on the Colts.

In the next three games we have a huge opportunity to prove ourselves. Miami is not a bad team, they match up well against us. @ Seattle is going to be tough, that is the type of game this team has lost the past couple of seasons. And there is pride riding on the STL game. A poor showing would be devastating IMO. Lets get some momentum heading into the Thanksgiving game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know the AFC is weak now but I still think we are going to have to go 7-2 to make it. I think we will have to be 10-6, at that number we are definitely in.

I need to see them put together back-to-back games without making horrible mistakes first before I will allow myself to believe they are consistent enough to go 7-2 to finish the season.

We haven't put together back-to-back series let along back-to-back games. When the offense is good, the D gives it back. When the D is good, the offense sputters. Even the STs have had their ups and downs. When Sanchez has been good, the WRs have dropped some balls, when the WRs are open Sanchez has missed them. Our whole team is out of sync. I can't get excited about beating up on the Colts.

In the next three games we have a huge opportunity to prove ourselves. Miami is not a bad team, they match up well against us. @ Seattle is going to be tough, that is the type of game this team has lost the past couple of seasons. And there is pride riding on the STL game. A poor showing would be devastating IMO. Lets get some momentum heading into the Thanksgiving game.
    8-8 will grab a playoff spot in this year's AFC (and 7-9 is not out of the question). Other wildcard probably 9-7. I think you're underestimating how bad the conference is right now. Who would even get the #1 wildcard right now? A Steelers team that lost to the Raiders and Titans? A Chargers team led by Norv Turner and struggling Rivers? Miami with a rookie QB? Hell, the aforementioned Raiders and Titans aren't even out of the running as crazy as that seemed a few weeks ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    If they lose to Miami, the season is over.
    Season over? Probably not

But... this is a MUST win, and the Jets need this game to position itself for a playoff run, yes, very much agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

100% agree

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's get to 6-4, with the Pats coming in on Thanksgiving night. Things could get interesting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Let's get to 6-4, with the Pats coming in on Thanksgiving night. Things could get interesting.
    +1
    If Rex ever needed the fans its this Sunday vs the hated Fins
    We have to have this game.
    Worth 1 & 1/2 because its a division game.
    One at a time

Somethings being coached at Florham Park cause we have looked better each week.
    Biggest thing is we need some BIG PLAYS against the weaker teams to crush their spirit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with the OP. After losing Revis, Holmes and the SF debacle, I was certain that the Texans would pull the plug on us as we were on life support. But we've been competing, and we have some young, hungry players who are going hard for Rex right now. That, coupled with the overall suckiness of the AFC gives me hope that we have a puncher's chance for the playoffs....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see 7-2 in the next 9 games...... just dont. Maybe 6-3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I dont see 7-2 in the next 9 games...... just dont. Maybe 6-3.
    I see either 6-3 or 7-2... Not much of a difference. Either we'll be in the playoffs or barely miss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Season over? Probably not

But... this is a MUST win, and the Jets need this game to position itself for a playoff run, yes, very much agree.
    IF it is a MUST win then the season hinges on this game, if the season is not over if they lose then this is NOT a must win.

It is a big game because it gets to .500 and allows them to have a little room for error in the second half.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so interested to see how we stack up to Miami this 2nd game.
    Miami is never an easy place to play in September like we did earlier.
    Our run defense was awful & Rex has the tape to improve it with.

Our offense was Holmes & that's it!
    Our run game has gotten a little better but I think getting Keller back is huge! Not having a TE to contend with let the Fins have too many guys hanging around the line of scrimmage.
    With Kerleys emergence, Hills speed to stretch the field & Hilliard to help in the run game & blocking, the Jets are not even the same offense that Miami saw just 5 weeks ago.

Mark spread the ball around on Sunday, that will help come this Sunday.
    This another secondary that sucks, I mean really lets be honest. They traded their best CB to the Colts. I believe Smith is hurt.
    Oline just needs to give Sanchez some time & running game just has to be good enough to get 3rd & inside 5 yards.
    No TOS by Mark- Jets romp 23-10
    Mark does dumb chit 16-10 Fins

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team needs all the experience it can get, the further the better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was really encouraged by how good we looked against Houston and New England. Now we need to play well against a decent team and actually win if we we want to be serious this season. I think Miami's as big as games get this early.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to believe this also. But...

A playoff team takes it to the Dolphins on Sunday. In a big way. They just gave up a critical division win, and now they're coming home to face a divisional opponent they already defeated, with the taste of the NE loss still on their tongues. This is the time for a competent, efficient performance.

Dolphins might be strong coming off the break, but if the Jets truly are a playoff contender they win convincingly on Sunday going into their bye. Personally, I think the run D shows up, DK is the difference-maker on offense and the Jets get it done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I want to believe this also. But...

A playoff team takes it to the Dolphins on Sunday. In a big way. They just gave up a critical division win, and now they're coming home to face a divisional opponent they already defeated, with the taste of the NE loss still on their tongues. This is the time for a competent, efficient performance.

Dolphins might be strong coming off the break, but if the Jets truly are a playoff contender they win convincingly on Sunday going into their bye. Personally, I think the run D shows up, DK is the difference-maker on offense and the Jets get it done.
    I'll take any type of win. Dolphins D is too good to expect a pretty blowout win, only way we would get that is if the D forces Tannehill into a bad rookie QB game. But with Bush healthy expect Miami to keep it on the ground and try to play from ahead (and avoid Tannehill having to throw a lot).

3-5 going into the bye would be a miserable feeling. 4-4 at least provides hope, even with a 2nd half schedule that includes 5 road games.