- Keller is finally healthy and contributing. Kerley is developing into a
    potential star and inspite of the drop Hill is improving

My biggest concern is Sanchez will he ever become consistent and show
    awareness that a QB has to have. I've supported him since he's been
    drafted but at this point he's got to show me. I'm tired of watching the
    same mistakes crop up EVERY game if he steps up there is no reason
    we can't end up 10-6. There is no unbeatable team on our schedule over
    the last 9 games
    The team is actually better without Holmes. Its actually nice when your QB knows the routes his WR will be running.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    8-8 will grab a playoff spot in this year's AFC (and 7-9 is not out of the question). Other wildcard probably 9-7. I think you're underestimating how bad the conference is right now. Who would even get the #1 wildcard right now? A Steelers team that lost to the Raiders and Titans? A Chargers team led by Norv Turner and struggling Rivers? Miami with a rookie QB? Hell, the aforementioned Raiders and Titans aren't even out of the running as crazy as that seemed a few weeks ago.
    This is where I am right now.

Almost every AFC game is a coin flip at this point. With 3 weeks to go, the only teams that are going to be out of it are Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Kansas City (maybe Buffalo too). Everyone else is going to be right there.

Waterboy
    Great OP.

couldn't agree more!

Yeah Sanchez is playing waaaaay better without Holmes. Holmes has been begging for Mark to force him the ball every since the Den game in 2010. We were just fine with Braylon and Jerricho. Everytime Sanchez takes a sack or misses Holmes by a little bit, you see Holmes throwing a tantrum coming back to the huddle. WTF, Holmes aint even that good lol. Sanchez just happy to not have to worry about his *****in. This year in the SF game, Sanchez took a sack or overthrew someone(forgot) and Holmes was open short, middle. Anyway, when the play ended, Holmes just put his hands on his hips and looked to the sky. You can't show up the QB like that at home. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I want to believe this also. But...

A playoff team takes it to the Dolphins on Sunday. In a big way. They just gave up a critical division win, and now they're coming home to face a divisional opponent they already defeated, with the taste of the NE loss still on their tongues. This is the time for a competent, efficient performance.

Dolphins might be strong coming off the break, but if the Jets truly are a playoff contender they win convincingly on Sunday going into their bye. Personally, I think the run D shows up, DK is the difference-maker on offense and the Jets get it done.
    The Dolphins got blown out by the Texans to open the year. Then they blew out the Raiders. Since then, they've played games decided by 3, 3, 4, and 3 points, with two of those games being decided in OT.

Even the Texans game, they played even with them for 55 minutes. The game was decided during a brief stretch where JJ Watt went beast mode and generated 3 Miami turnovers on 3 consecutive plays.

The Dolphins may not be good, but they win ugly and lose ugly. Like us. The only way they'll get blown out is if Tannehill makes a bunch of mistakes or they a team with an explosive offense, like the Packers or the Giants. Teams that can produce 4 play scoring drives.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'll take any type of win. Dolphins D is too good to expect a pretty blowout win, only way we would get that is if the D forces Tannehill into a bad rookie QB game. But with Bush healthy expect Miami to keep it on the ground and try to play from ahead (and avoid Tannehill having to throw a lot).

3-5 going into the bye would be a miserable feeling. 4-4 at least provides hope, even with a 2nd half schedule that includes 5 road games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Dolphins got blown out by the Texans to open the year. Then they blew out the Raiders. Since then, they've played games decided by 3, 3, 4, and 3 points, with two of those games being decided in OT.

Even the Texans game, they played even with them for 55 minutes. The game was decided during a brief stretch where JJ Watt went beast mode and generated 3 Miami turnovers on 3 consecutive plays.

The Dolphins may not be good, but they win ugly and lose ugly. Like us. The only way they'll get blown out is if Tannehill makes a bunch of mistakes or they a team with an explosive offense, like the Packers or the Giants. Teams that can produce 4 play scoring drives.
    I'm definitely not predicting a blowout, though I can see how my post made it seem that way. I am thinking of that kind of game where the Jets outclass the Fins in every facet of the game, with a 8-10 point margin.

Jets have looked like a different team on both sides of the ball since the 49ers game. I still have my doubts about Sanchez, but there's a long list of names of guys who are contributing a lot more now than they were just a few weeks ago. They get it done on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I'm definitely not predicting a blowout, though I can see how my post made it seem that way. I am thinking of that kind of game where the Jets outclass the Fins in every facet of the game, with a 8-10 point margin.

Jets have looked like a different team on both sides of the ball since the 49ers game. I still have my doubts about Sanchez, but there's a long list of names of guys who are contributing a lot more now than they were just a few weeks ago. They get it done on Sunday.
    I think we should if we play like we did the last 3 games. Our pass D will force Tannehill into a major mistake that'll swing the game in a big way. We're definitely a more solid team than most of us believed a few weeks ago. I just don't think Tannehill despite being better than expected is good enough to beat this pass D.

One good thing actually about Miami being a very competitive team is I think we can reasonably believe that they can split with the Pats.

All League
    Finally watched the game again (yuck) a couple of things:

- They threw slants to Schilens at least three times all game and he dropped
    everyone

- Ducasse played his butt off in the reps he got. When NE showed a 4 man
    line he handled his man by himself. And when NE showed a 3 man line he
    was smart enough to "bounce" between helping Mangold & Ferguson as
    the play developed

- The Jets played the same defense on the final drive of regulation as they
    played all game. During the game they switched between 3 and 4 down
    linemen and would occasionally bring a blitzer. And that's what they did
    on the final drive. In fact on the first pass of the drive Brady threw into
    triple coverage to Gronkowski I still don't know how it wasn't picked off

We're gonna beat Miami. Don't worry. Seattle after that too. IN Seattle. The 2nd Patriots game in New Meadowlands Stadium will be the deciding factor of the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets by 14...

But to be fair, I will also be happy with Jets by ONE

Just Win

GO JETS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2