Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Body of Autumn Pasquale Found :(

All League
    Without getting into details I routinely conduct criminal record queries as part of my job...you would absolutely sh!t your pants at the countless people amongst us who never should've been released from prison. We're talking people who did time for multiple counts of Aggravated Rape and/or Child Rape and/or Kidnapping and/or Indecnt A&B, etc...

I drive both my wife and daughter crazy with my warnings to be careful. It's often hard for me to balance being careful without sounding paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Are you saying you have other 18 year olds drinking in your house? Doesn't matter what their parents say...you are setting yourself up for serious legal trouble. Not judging...saying legally you can get screwed.
    They cannot get out. Gate gets locked, we have the keys and we are home. I am 6'1" 230 lbs. Everyone of his friends is scared ****less that I will snap and kill them at any moment. It is a persona I have cultivated through the years. Plus they are good kids and only beer is allowed. I am ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Without getting into details I routinely conduct criminal record queries as part of my job...you would absolutely sh!t your pants at the countless people amongst us who never should've been released from prison. We're talking people who did time for multiple counts of Aggravated Rape and/or Child Rape and/or Kidnapping and/or Indecnt A&B, etc...

I drive both my wife and daughter crazy with my warnings to be careful. It's often hard for me to balance being careful without sounding paranoid.
    I had the chance to join NYPD back in the day. This was one of the reasons I chose not to. That and I'm a freggin chicken

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    They cannot get out. Gate gets locked, we have the keys and we are home. I am 6'1" 230 lbs. Everyone of his friends is scared ****less that I will snap and kill them at any moment. It is a persona I have cultivated through the years. Plus they are good kids and only beer is allowed. I am ok with it.
    I understand you are OK with it. I just want you to understand that by letting them drink in your house you are committing a crime. Kids talk and if word gets around you could be in a jam.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Two brothers, aged 15 and 18, are apparently now prime suspects in Autumn's murder. Details on nj.com. Crazy stuff.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I understand you are OK with it. I just want you to understand that by letting them drink in your house you are committing a crime. Kids talk and if word gets around you could be in a jam.
    Not could be in a jam...will be. Criminal violation aside you likely are also civilly liable for their actions or injuries. Don't get me wrong I commend you for trying to be proactive but be careful, today's consenting parent of your son's friend(s) will be tomorrow's plaintiffs against you should something go wrong for their kid.

Seriously disturbing
    Poor kid I hope they find the scumbag(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Not could be in a jam...will be. Criminal violation aside you likely are also civilly liable for their actions or injuries. Don't get me wrong I commend you for trying to be proactive but be careful, today's consenting parent of your son's friend(s) will be tomorrow's plaintiffs against you should something go wrong for their kid.
    **** fellas now I'm scared ****less. Crap

I am living this reality now. My 18 y/o and his friends do pick DDer's for the night. We have a deal. We will come get you and anyone you are with to avoid him getting in a car with a drunk/drugged driver. No questions asked. Thankfully it only happened once. We will let him drink at home but won't buy it for him. I get a signed letter from the parents of those attending that they are good with it. Followed by a phone call to ensure authenticity. The **** never ends. Ya just have bigger worries.
    May this poor child rest in peace and God have Mercy on her family.
    My wife and I are drumming this into my son (and he's only 14). Day or night, we would get out of bed, or drop everything we're doing, to go get my son (and friends, if necessary) and make sure he's safe.

A couple years ago I remember seeing a video of a very young girl in Walmart looking in the toy section by herself when a man came out of nowhere and just picked her up and started walking out. The girl was like 4 or 5 years old. Thank GOD that girl had the presence of mind to kick and scream like hell and make a scene. The guy put her down and ran out.

Now I could go on and on about the poor and lazy parental decision to allow a 4 or 5 year old to go to the toy section alone while you shop for groceries but that video prompted me to teach my son, who happens to be 4 now, to always scream his head off is someone he doesn't know tries to pick him up. I've even practiced it with him. I've also taught him how and when to call 911 and also what to do if there's a fire or he sees smoke. He doesn't understand why he knows any of this at his age and some other parents have called me paranoid, but I firmly believe you have to teach your kids when they're young and reinforce it constantly.

Hall Of Fame
    They will catch whoever is responsible. There is probably a Facebook and/or Twitter trail of evidence.

What a shame. Poor girl.

Is it me or do these stories seem to be more prevalent these days? Maybe we just didn't hear about them years ago?

Hug your kids.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They will catch whoever is responsible. There is probably a Facebook and/or Twitter trail of evidence.

What a shame. Poor girl.

Is it me or do these stories seem to be more prevalent these days? Maybe we just didn't hear about them years ago?

Hug your kids.
    Hug them?

Im thinking about super-glueing them to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Hug them?

Im thinking about super-glueing them to me.
    I don't have kids but I already panic thinking about it. I think of some of things I used to do and how lucky I was not to get hurt or worse.

Both brothers charged, no sexual abuse detected. They killed her for the bike. ****ing pathetic.

This is just so senseless and horrible I don't even know what to say. Poor girl.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    A couple years ago I remember seeing a video of a very young girl in Walmart looking in the toy section by herself when a man came out of nowhere and just picked her up and started walking out. The girl was like 4 or 5 years old. Thank GOD that girl had the presence of mind to kick and scream like hell and make a scene. The guy put her down and ran out.

Now I could go on and on about the poor and lazy parental decision to allow a 4 or 5 year old to go to the toy section alone while you shop for groceries but that video prompted me to teach my son, who happens to be 4 now, to always scream his head off is someone he doesn't know tries to pick him up. I've even practiced it with him. I've also taught him how and when to call 911 and also what to do if there's a fire or he sees smoke. He doesn't understand why he knows any of this at his age and some other parents have called me paranoid, but I firmly believe you have to teach your kids when they're young and reinforce it constantly.
    That is sound advice. I've spoken to my son about not going with strangers, but I haven't quite drilled it into his head in the manner you described.

I will tonight.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Both brothers charged, no sexual abuse detected. They killed her for the bike. ****ing pathetic.
    WTF has never been more appropriate.

**** fellas now I'm scared ****less. Crap
    Dude, its your life, just passing on some info. I know no one thinks it will happen to them but a woman from Mass went to jail because of it. They don't play around anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow, these brothers sound like absolute idiots, which obviously goes without saying.

It sounds like they may have even posted about it on Facebook.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That is sound advice. I've spoken to my son about not going with strangers, but I haven't quite drilled it into his head in the manner you described.

I will tonight.
    When I saw the video I realized if he was grabbed by a stranger he might cry, but otherwise might not do a thing. Of course you tell them in an appropriate manner for their age, but I particularly told him to scream as loud as he can and yell "Help Help!". A screaming or crying child might not really garner attention from people thinking it's just a temper tantrum. "Help Help, I want my daddy/mommy" definitely would.