Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Body of Autumn Pasquale Found :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Without getting into details I routinely conduct criminal record queries as part of my job...you would absolutely sh!t your pants at the countless people amongst us who never should've been released from prison. We're talking people who did time for multiple counts of Aggravated Rape and/or Child Rape and/or Kidnapping and/or Indecnt A&B, etc...

I drive both my wife and daughter crazy with my warnings to be careful. It's often hard for me to balance being careful without sounding paranoid.
    I worked the intake at Rikers for a few years, handled all the paperwork for the courts in my particular jail. I can say that amount of criminals with sexually classified crimes on their rap sheets is disturbing.

I feel so badly for this family. I wrestled with this kind of turmoil most of the years my daughter was in public school, riding the bus. As a non-verbal autistic, she can't tell us or anyone else when she is in danger. Sadly, this young lady couldn't either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    I am living this reality now. My 18 y/o and his friends do pick DDer's for the night. We have a deal. We will come get you and anyone you are with to avoid him getting in a car with a drunk/drugged driver. No questions asked. Thankfully it only happened once. We will let him drink at home but won't buy it for him. I get a signed letter from the parents of those attending that they are good with it. Followed by a phone call to ensure authenticity. The **** never ends. Ya just have bigger worries.
    May this poor child rest in peace and God have Mercy on her family.
    Good luck with that. The letter is worthless, they are consenting to knowingly violating the social host law....and signing it?

Had some folks near me host a beer bash for their son and his athlete pals upon graduation. A couple of the kids had full ride scholarships with D1 schools.

Pretty sure all the parents winked and nodded about the drinking, as their kids were so special and all.

Anyhoo, at some point, the kids leave the house and run into a local woman walking her dog. They proceed to hurl one sexually suggestive remark after another at her until she scurries away in horror. She tells her husband, a mild mannered man of the community by ALL ACCOUNTS...he goes out, finds the boys and demands an apology. They proceed to kick the shYte out of him(breaking his jaw) and then hurl his wife to the ground when she tries to intervene. Only the intervention of another HUGE neighbor put and end to it.

3 arrests later, everyone is lawyered up, the scholarships went poof, and the trail of lawsuits will end up where?

Care to guess?

The parents who hosted the party.

This is a true story that was covered in the media.

Just something to think about, friend.

-

This is not a ghetto we are talking about.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Good luck with that. The letter is worthless, they are consenting to knowingly violating the social host law....and signing it?

Had some folks near me host a beer bash for their son and his athlete pals upon graduation. A couple of the kids had full ride scholarships with D1 schools.

Pretty sure all the parents winked and nodded about the drinking, as their kids were so special and all.

Anyhoo, at some point, the kids leave the house and run into a local woman walking her dog. They proceed to hurl one sexually suggestive remark after another at her until she scurries away in horror. She tells her husband, a mild mannered man of the community by ALL ACCOUNTS...he goes out, finds the boys and demands an apology. They proceed to kick the shYte out of him(breaking his jaw) and then hurl his wife to the ground when she tries to intervene. Only the intervention of another HUGE neighbor put and end to it.

3 arrests later, everyone is lawyered up, the scholarships went poof, and the trail of lawsuits will end up where?

Care to guess?

-

yeah but didn't you read....the kids at his house are GOOD kids and its only beer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    I get a signed letter from the parents of those attending that they are good with it.
    A signed letter saying that minors will be drinking in your home and you're supervising? This is the equivalent of committing a crime and videotaping it. Hard evidence. The cops won't even need to do any footwork, you'll have cooked your own goose.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Horrible, just horrible.

I swear I will drive my girls to any friends' house they want to go to, but for the love of God I will not let them go it alone.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...cart_big-photo

Also if you live in New Jersey, the number of attempted lurings / creep sightings has been off the charts lately. One such case occurred in my own hometown last week.

Don't let your kids walk home from school if you dont have to. Be especially vigilant near bus stops or anywhere you see kids walking home from school. Please.

RIP
    Ya know, I read this post then looked at your avatar and something doesn't seem quite right.

Back on topic. I was saddened by this news when I heard it today. It just doesn't make any sense. I have 2 daughters, one 22 and one 16 and I feel lucky to have raised them so far without having any dangerous incidents like this, but you never know what the future holds. I can't imagine what it's like for a parent to lose a child and I pray to God that I never find out.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like

Care to guess?

-

+1

Parents that allow underage drinking at a party at their home are asking for it. May as well play russian roulette.

We let our oldest daughter have a drink at home when she was home from college. I'd buy her what she liked and she'd have one or two and that would be it. Why did I do this? Because I feel if you're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough to drink. That being said, we never hosted any parties with underage drinking though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They will catch whoever is responsible. There is probably a Facebook and/or Twitter trail of evidence.

What a shame. Poor girl.

Is it me or do these stories seem to be more prevalent these days? Maybe we just didn't hear about them years ago?

Hug your kids.
    I suspect both are true, if that makes sense...that they are more prevalent these days yet at the same time in the past they happened much more than we could ever imagine and were simply not talked about.

Leaving aside the vile disgustingness of pedophilia, based on conversation with women I've known over the years, I'd guess that at least half if not more women experience rape or some other form of sexual assault in their lifetime. The number of female high school friends who've told me (years later) that as teenagers they were "pushed up against a wall" by a teacher, coach, or so-and-so's-dad is shocking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I suspect both are true, if that makes sense...that they are more prevalent these days yet at the same time in the past they happened much more than we could ever imagine and were simply not talked about.

Leaving aside the vile disgustingness of pedophilia, based on conversation with women I've known over the years, I'd guess that at least half if not more women experience rape or some other form of sexual assault in their lifetime. The number of female high school friends who've told me (years later) that as teenagers they were "pushed up against a wall" by a teacher, coach, or so-and-so's-dad is shocking.

when i was five my neighbor had a friend he met in the woods for a while. he took me there one day and there was a creepy looking stocky man with dark rimmed glasses. I remember looking at the guy and thinking wtf? even then i knew something was really wrong. out of the blue my mother shows up (she must have followed us) and she goes apesh*t on the guy. he runs and she calls the cops.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    and she goes apesh*t on the guy. he runs and she calls the cops.
    Wtf...there was a phone in the woods.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Two brothers, aged 15 and 18, are apparently now prime suspects in Autumn's murder. Details on nj.com. Crazy stuff.

I saw that as well.
    I hope these two boys get some nice boyfriends in prison. They killed her for her frickin bike.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...cart_big-photo

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ya know, I read this post then looked at your avatar and something doesn't seem quite right.
    Yikes.

Been meaning to change that, that one.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 10-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This world sucks balls.

I mean god damn

I can't take this ****.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This world sucks balls.
    Then....just whip them out, and let them be sucked.

Its all perspective.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then....just whip them out, and let them be sucked.

Its all perspective.

-
    Not even your delightful wit is doing it for me.

I really hate this planet, it doesn't make any sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even your delightful wit is doing it for me.

relevant

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it does. What's bothering you is not an absence of sense but a lack of justice.

Bill Goldman spelled it out in his book The Princess Bride possibly better than anyone ever has--life is not fair. It never has been and never will be. Anyone who suggests otherwise is either clueless or a liar. Most of the time bad man profit while good guys suffer. Accept this as truth and the world will be an easier place to understand; resist it and and you will be disappointed again and again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Care to guess?

-

I do not have many kids and we have known them since kindergarten. I am talking4 or 5, son included, for a few beers and a CFB game. I get the keys and no one is allowed to leave. I do not allow a bunch or kids we , parents, do not know well. I think ya need to show them how to handle them selves before they leave for college. I think it is worth the minimal risk. Again these kids won't say boo to me due to the previously mentioned persona. I end the night when I think it needs to be ended and no questions are asked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it does. What's bothering you is not an absence of sense but a lack of justice.

Bill Goldman spelled it out in his book The Princess Bride possibly better than anyone ever has--life is not fair. It never has been and never will be. Anyone who suggests otherwise is either clueless or a liar. Most of the time bad man profit while good guys suffer. Accept this as truth and the world will be an easier place to understand; resist it and and you will be disappointed again and again.
    I've been saying "fair is for for five year olds" for years. No, I don't want a cookie.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wtf...there was a phone in the woods.

-
    Lt. Columbo on the case!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Care to guess?

-

you live in north RVC?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I think only pussies accept things like that. Better to fight and fail than to be a *****.