Thread: My Wish (not related to the ESPN series)

Veteran

My Wish (not related to the ESPN series)

My wish or hope going forward is that the Jets coaching staff will let Sanchez throw the ball 30-35 times a game. That is the only true way we will be able to see if he has progressed to the point where he can continue to be considered a franchise QB. Pass or fail we will know where we stand in regards to a QB for the future of this team.

Now I realize most "fans" have made up their minds. And I can even admit that I have been on both sides of the fence with Sanchez throughout his career. He can play great one minute and then his play is maddening the next. But throughout all of this I have always fully believed that by the coaching staff trying to "protect" him they have stunted his development badly. The reason why you see more production from the new crop of QB's now is b/c their coaches are letting them sling the ball all around for better or worse. Even when Eli was playing terrible his first 3 years the Giants allowed him to throw his way out of it. The Jets have handcuffed Sanchez' development for years. Sanchez will continue to make maddening mistakes, that's a given. He will never be Rodgers or Brady. But in the same regard Eli makes terrible mistakes at points and has every year he's been in the league. But for better or worse they let him be the focal point of the offense and let him throw. I couldn't even tell you who or what the Jets focal point of their offense is this year.

This is just food for thought. When Brady was hurt and Cassell played great there were Patriots fans who thought that Cassell should start going forward and they should trade Brady. Giants fans wanted Eli out of town before his first Superbowl and after his first Superbowl when he threw 26 int's a couple of years later. Chargers fans wanted to move on from Brees so Rivers could play and so did the organization and now I'm sure that all of the parties involved are regretting that decision. My point is there are always fans who hate the starting QB and think the backup is better. It's the same reason guys cheat, they think the grass is always greener. If he does great the same people who hate him now will still hate him, that's just reality. And any organization that makes decisions based on the fans assessment of players is a laughing stock and I hope the Jets never do that. I'm still on the fence about Sanchez and I just wish they would let him be the leader, the focal point and be the reason we either win or lose otherwise in my opinion the organization will never have a true grasp on if Sanchez is the long term answer and it is doing a disservice to the fan base.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    My wish or hope going forward is that the Jets coaching staff will let Sanchez throw the ball 30-35 times a game. That is the only true way we will be able to see if he has progressed to the point where he can continue to be considered a franchise QB. Pass or fail we will know where we stand in regards to a QB for the future of this team.

Now I realize most "fans" have made up their minds. And I can even admit that I have been on both sides of the fence with Sanchez throughout his career. He can play great one minute and then his play is maddening the next. But throughout all of this I have always fully believed that by the coaching staff trying to "protect" him they have stunted his development badly. The reason why you see more production from the new crop of QB's now is b/c their coaches are letting them sling the ball all around for better or worse. Even when Eli was playing terrible his first 3 years the Giants allowed him to throw his way out of it. The Jets have handcuffed Sanchez' development for years. Sanchez will continue to make maddening mistakes, that's a given. He will never be Rodgers or Brady. But in the same regard Eli makes terrible mistakes at points and has every year he's been in the league. But for better or worse they let him be the focal point of the offense and let him throw. I couldn't even tell you who or what the Jets focal point of their offense is this year.

This is just food for thought. When Brady was hurt and Cassell played great there were Patriots fans who thought that Cassell should start going forward and they should trade Brady. Giants fans wanted Eli out of town before his first Superbowl and after his first Superbowl when he threw 26 int's a couple of years later. Chargers fans wanted to move on from Brees so Rivers could play and so did the organization and now I'm sure that all of the parties involved are regretting that decision. My point is there are always fans who hate the starting QB and think the backup is better. It's the same reason guys cheat, they think the grass is always greener. If he does great the same people who hate him now will still hate him, that's just reality. And any organization that makes decisions based on the fans assessment of players is a laughing stock and I hope the Jets never do that. I'm still on the fence about Sanchez and I just wish they would let him be the leader, the focal point and be the reason we either win or lose otherwise in my opinion the organization will never have a true grasp on if Sanchez is the long term answer and it is doing a disservice to the fan base.
    Very nice post!!!!!

It just aint happening with Rex in charge.

Yes they stunted Sanchez with their color coded system, to blowing whistles telling him to get rid of the ball to cover for a pourous OL. Think of it diid it make any sense whatsoever to tell a QB who has tremendous weakness in locking onto a receiver and rushing his throws to actually do that more!!!!

I am afraid it might be to late for Sanchez here with the Jets.

When Sanchez came in had moxie and daring. Now I feel he is unsure out there and that is IMO the worst indictement of coaching you can ever have; you take a guys strength when you draft him and make them a weakness.

Finally think of this I think that Sanchez had better mechanics on his passes when he came out of college then he does Now!! How and why is that? That is coaching and quite frankly it is a disgrace.

But it is all Ok because good old boy Cav is watching over the QB the most important player in the organization...

You can't make it up and as I said before it is a disgrace...