Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romney and the Auto Bailout

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Looks like in exactly two weeks Willard will be heading back to Mass or Utah or Mich or the Caymans or Switzerland or wherever he actually lives blah blah blah
    No, it will be the Chicago communist who will be sent packing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like in exactly two weeks Willard will be heading back to Mass or Utah or Mich or the Caymans or Switzerland or wherever he actually lives and we can start working on nominating a candidate with principles in 2016 and not a flipflopping empty suit.

We had a great chance this year with Dr Ron Paul but pissed it away for a photogenic vacuum instead

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Shouldn't you be posting about how someone is on your ignore list?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The auto bailout has underachieved to say the least.

Basically Obama has purchased the votes of the auto union workers using billions of our dollars. That is the only thing the bailout achieved.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The auto bailout has underachieved to say the least.

Basically Obama has purchased the votes of the auto union workers using billions of our dollars. That is the only thing the bailout achieved.
    That's all he cared about anyway. Mission accomplished.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any insights on YUUGE Patriot fan Donald Dump' s YUUGE announcement at noon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any insights on YUUGE Patriot fan Donald Dump' s YUUGE announcement at noon

Just watched him make his YUUUGE GAME CHANGING ANNOUNCEMENT on Twitter....

If the President releases his college and passport records to the satisfaction of Donald Dump...the MEGAMORON will send a check for five million dollars to a charity of rhe President's choice...

That's it folks...the YUUGE announcement America has been waiting for since Monday...

(Ps...he at least didn't end it with GO PATS)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    No, it will be the Chicago communist who will be sent packing.
    Comments like this are why I've been staying away from this cesspool.
    Last edited by MCBNY; 10-24-2012 at 03:06 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched him make his YUUUGE GAME CHANGING ANNOUNCEMENT on Twitter....

If the President releases his college and passport records to the satisfaction of Donald Dump...the MEGAMORON will send a check for five million dollars to a charity of rhe President's choice...

That's it folks...the YUUGE announcement America has been waiting for since Monday...

(Ps...he at least didn't end it with GO PATS)

did you just respond to yourself?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Comments like this are why I've been staying away from this cesspool.
    woohoo! keep 'em coming boys!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    did you just respond to yourself?
    Dude.

It's sg3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    American cars > imports

Just traded the Delta 88 I was working on (and hadn't done much with since the summer) to a guy for a 99 Buick Regal GS. Love my sleepers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    American cars > imports

Just traded the Delta 88 I was working on
    It wouldn't get ya to the Shelta, eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It wouldn't get ya to the Shelta, eh?
    Lmfao!!

It would in this case. I rebuilt the "motah"...but the interior is still in boxes in the trunk.

That's my problem. I can go balls out taking care of the mechanical sh*t...but I'm not worth a file when it comes to the finish stuff.

On the side, one of my friends wants to already buy the GS off me. I'm hesitant. I once had a Grand National I traded for a LeMans. I'm doomed to repeat myself. For short money, lmao....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama didn't lie from the perspective of a Democratic Liberal. A pre-planned bankruptcy with government guarantees, what Mitt advocated would have given a Judge the power to restructure the labor agreements and make GM a competitive company.

The Obama administration wasn't bailing out GM they were bailing out the United Auto workers at the expense of GM the corporation. the same thing they did in the Health Care legislation and the same thing they are doing on taxes.

They are not lying they are not wrong this is a philosophical argument that neither side wants to articulate to the public.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Obama didn't lie from the perspective of a Democratic Liberal. A pre-planned bankruptcy with government guarantees, what Mitt advocated would have given a Judge the power to restructure the labor agreements and make GM a competitive company.

The Obama administration wasn't bailing out GM they were bailing out the United Auto workers at the expense of GM the corporation. the same thing they did in the Health Care legislation and the same thing they are doing on taxes.

They are not lying they are not wrong this is a philosophical argument that neither side wants to articulate to the public.
    It's certainly a lie when you imply that letting "Detroit go bankrupt" would end the production of automobiles in Detroit. Obama's lying through his teethe on this issue. He knows he is. He justifies it by telling himself it's for the greater good. Of course Romney does the same thing. So do all moderately successful politicians.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    It's certainly a lie when you imply that letting "Detroit go bankrupt" would end the production of automobiles in Detroit. Obama's lying through his teethe on this issue. He knows he is. He justifies it by telling himself it's for the greater good. Of course Romney does the same thing. So do all moderately successful politicians.
    This is essentially a philosophical debate that neither side wants to be transparent about. Romney wanted to bail out GM the corporation at the expense of Union employees benefits that are killing the company. Obama wanted to bail out the United Autoworkers at the expense of the Corporation and back it with taxpayer money from people in management who the Democrats want to pay the taxes that actually back the bailout.

Look at the Health care plan. It was essentially a giveaway to the organized labor. Look at the tax proposals, who pays.

Now that's a legitimate debate but sadly one that neither side is willing to be totally transparent about.

Getting into these charachter issues, something both sides are all to happy to get away with, is very unproductive and it's calling people liars instead of making sound proposals and telling people why they are doing it, is highly unproductive in moving this country forward.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 10-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is essentially a philosophical debate that neither side wants to be transparent about. Romney wanted to bail out GM the corporation at the expense of Union employees benifits that are killing the company. Obama wanted to bail out the United Autoworkers at the expense of the Corporation and back it with taxpayer money from people in management who the Democrats want to pay the taxes that actually back the bailout.

Look at the Health care plan. It was essentially a give away to the organized labor. Look at the tax proposals, who pays.

Now that's a legitimate debate but sadly one that neither side is willing to be totally transparent about.
    I essentially agree. So what's wrong with labeling them both as liars?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I essentially agree. So what's wrong with labeling them both as liars?
    Do we want to continue to let these elections be about labels? At what point does the American public demand a reasoned debate? Until that happens we will continue to get the government we deserve which at the moment, pretty poor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we want to continue to let these elections be about labels? At what point does the American public demand a reasoned debate? Until that happens we will continue to get the government we deserve which at the moment, pretty poor.
    Hm, i see your point, i just don't agree that honestly looking at who are candidates are, and what they've said/done makes the election "about labels".

I think realizing that politicians all lie to get elected, is important. Realizing that your candidate is far from perfect is important. For instance, I will vote Romney. I do so even though i find the "free tuition" that really amounts to a 10% discount appalling. It's dishonest to act as if he had a hand in providing a free education for Mass. kids, when all he did was promote the obscurement of costs.

So yeah, I'm all for labeling candidates, and being honest about our choices. I'm not suggesting we don't elect any liars to the presidency, I'm not sure a truely honest individual would be very good at the job anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone in Detroit must like what Romney is saying because he was just endorsed by the Detroit News:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...mney-President