SECONDARY

Yeremiah Bell -- 78 snaps/100 percent

LaRon Landry -- 78 snaps/100 percent

Antonio Cromartie -- 75 snaps/96 percent

Kyle Wilson -- 73 snaps/94 percent

Isaiah Trufant -- 69 snaps/88 percent

Antonio Allen -- 13 snaps/17 percent

Ellis Lankster -- 2 snaps/3 percent

Analysis: The big story here is Scott, who was relegated to a bit role. He was replaced in the nickel package by Davis, a rookie. Rex Ryan said it was because Scott was hampered by a lingering toe injury.

We'll see, going forward ... Trufant, a non-factor in the first six games, was used because of his quickness, which helped him in the slot against Patriots WR Wes Welker ... For the first time, a player other than Wilkerson led the line in snaps. It was Coples, a rookie.

Davis and Antonio allen should be playing more and more each week. If we see Bart only in short yardage for the rest of the year, I have no problem with it.

Gotta figure Trufant gets every snap possible over Lankster going forward - he was very solid in run support (screens included) as well as covering welker.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Coples and wilkerson are going to be great going forward now if we can get a legit OLB and NT we'll be elite

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    Coples and wilkerson are going to be great going forward now if we can get a legit OLB and NT we'll be elite
    I think the plan is for Ellis to be the Elite NT.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Davis and Antonio allen should be playing more and more each week. If we see Bart only in short yardage for the rest of the year, I have no problem with it.

Gotta figure Trufant gets every snap possible over Lankster going forward - he was very solid in run support (screens included) as well as covering welker.
    +1

My only wish was that Davis made that true impact play that cemented the need to give Scott more time on the sideline.

Maybin on the other hand has been a tremendous disappointment. I've gone from hoping he'd find a way to outplay Pace (or at least Thomas) to barely noticing when he's on the field. I wonder why the Jets don't move him around and blitz him from different areas?

It was hard not to like what Trufant brought to the table. Every game he shows nickle-back ability is a game that decreases the price we're willing to pay for Revis, and I see that as a good thing for the team overall.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Agree, Good, we will need a better O to become elite.

Veteran
    Hell yes - exactly.

Yes. Pouha back from injury would help in a big way. De Vito's been steady,Ellis and Harrison need to be more consistent. Really a legit OLB passrusher is the biggest need on D. Once that's in - watch out world.

It was nice seeing a lot of Davis, I think we are better if he gets more playing time than Scott who is obviously washed up. The speed that Davis brings at LB is needed.

I was surprised to see Trufant get that much playing time.

Jets Insider VIP
    No snaps for Dowtin? That's disappointing. Did anyone see him on the field, aside from ST?

All League
    I still think Pace is salvagable as a mediocre pass rusher but they keep droping him in coverage.

On Gronks 2nd TD, Pace was in perfect coverage in the flats but then let Gronk run right past him to the soft spot. The guy gets lost in space and yet he's burned a couple times a game being used that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I still think Pace is salvagable as a mediocre pass rusher but they keep droping him in coverage.

On Gronks 2nd TD, Pace was in perfect coverage in the flats but then let Gronk run right past him to the soft spot. The guy gets lost in space and yet he's burned a couple times a game that way.
    Pace is literally the slowest linebacker I've ever seen. It's like he's running in quicksand in slow motion. Not under any circumstance should he be matched up with Gronk. Same goes for Scott, who also seemed to be responsible for the TD.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Pace is literally the slowest linebacker I've ever seen. It's like he's running in quicksand in slow motion. Not under any circumstance should he be matched up with Gronk. Same goes for Scott, who also seemed to be responsible for the TD.
    It was zone on that play, but either way yes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Agree, Good, we will need a better O to become elite.
    brandon moore is getting old and slauson hasn't exactly been a dominant force either... we need a couple of road graders

Couldn't be happier seeing Coples and Davis get so much time, hopefully this "lingering foot injury" of Scott's takes a little while to heal up.

With both of those players, and others (Allen, Harrison) more playing time will only accelerate their development. Love seeing Rex get more creative with his lineups, and I think we did a good job of spreading the love around on Defense in light of NE's very quick no huddle offense.

The Jets need to promote Sapp ASAP. I refuse to believe that he is worse than Pace.

Or play Dowtin over Pace.

Or play Tebow over Pace. Ok I kid. Kind of.

I really don't know what to think of Pace. He swings back and forth from being adequate/solid some games to being nothing more than a body occupying a blocker, slowly. He's been a nice player for the Jets for a while, but definitely time to part ways.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    It was zone on that play, but either way yes.
    Right....I don't think anyone is ever supporting the point that Pace can match up with Gronk 1 on 1. But, Rex has said that because Pace is probably our best LB in coverage, he is frequently used that way.

I would like to see him rush the passer more frequently. Lets see if he truly is slow as molasses or if he can get some pressure more often. He may not be a double digit sack guy, but he collapses the pocket somewhat regularly when he gets the chance.

You're right that he's mediocre, but that's what we have right now. And those that think he's "terrible" are getting a little carried away. Still would rather him not be on the team next year. At least at his current, projected salary.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Right....I don't think anyone is ever supporting the point that Pace can match up with Gronk 1 on 1. But, Rex has said that because Pace is probably our best LB in coverage, he is frequently used that way.

I would like to see him rush the passer more frequently. Lets see if he truly is slow as molasses or if he can get some pressure more often. He may not be a double digit sack guy, but he collapses the pocket somewhat regularly when he gets the chance.

You're right that he's mediocre, but that's what we have right now. And those that think he's "terrible" are getting a little carried away. Still would rather him not be on the team next year. At least at his current, projected salary.
    That is very scary. Pace only played OLB in a 3-4 for one season before the Jets signed him. He is average at best and doesnt really do anything very well. He is slow, no doubt about that. I still think he is much better suited as a DE in a 4-3.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    brandon moore is getting old and slauson hasn't exactly been a dominant force either... we need a couple of road graders
    No doubt, he is old.