SECONDARY

Yeremiah Bell -- 78 snaps/100 percent

LaRon Landry -- 78 snaps/100 percent

Antonio Cromartie -- 75 snaps/96 percent

Kyle Wilson -- 73 snaps/94 percent

Isaiah Trufant -- 69 snaps/88 percent

Antonio Allen -- 13 snaps/17 percent

Ellis Lankster -- 2 snaps/3 percent

Analysis: The big story here is Scott, who was relegated to a bit role. He was replaced in the nickel package by Davis, a rookie. Rex Ryan said it was because Scott was hampered by a lingering toe injury.

We'll see, going forward ... Trufant, a non-factor in the first six games, was used because of his quickness, which helped him in the slot against Patriots WR Wes Welker ... For the first time, a player other than Wilkerson led the line in snaps. It was Coples, a rookie.

Playing-time analysis: Offense

A breakdown of the offensive snaps from Sunday's game (based on a total of 82):

QUARTERBACK

Mark Sanchez -- 81 snaps/99 percent

Tim Tebow -- 5 snaps/6 percent

RUNNING BACK

Shonn Greene -- 51 snaps/62 percent

Lex Hilliard -- 37 snaps/45 percent

Joe McKnight -- 10 snaps/12 percent

Jonathan Grimes -- 4 snaps/5 percent

TIGHT END

Dustin Keller -- 75 snaps/91 percent

Konrad Reuland -- 30 snaps/37 percent

Jason Smith (jumbo) -- 18 snaps/22 percent

Jeff Cumberland -- 9 snaps/11 percent

WIDE RECEIVER

Stephen Hill -- 66 snaps/80 percent

Jeremy Kerley -- 62 snaps/76 percent

Chaz Schilens -- 33 snaps/40 percent

Jason Hill -- 12 snaps/15 percent

Analysis: Keller and Hill, both recovered from hamstring injuries, were back to a full workload ... As a result of Hill's return, Schilens' playing time dropped significantly ...

The tight-end snaps got skewed because of Cumberland's early injury ... Grimes made his NFL debut ... Gutty performance by McKnight, who played with a high-ankle sprain and also logged five snaps on special teams ... The five snaps represented Tebow's second-lowest total.

Wow. A great effort by the D and the Jets basically played a base nickel D with these guys playing 69 or more of the 78 snaps. Only Devito played less (50 snaps) in a rotation at DT.

Quinton Coples
    Mike DeVito
    Muhammad Wilkerson

David Harris
    Calvin Pace
    Demario Davis

Yeremiah Bell
    LaRon Landry
    Antonio Cromartie
    Kyle Wilson
    Isaiah Trufant

Look at the names. 4 of them were not even Jets last season. That's more than a third of the starting D. IMO, the success of these players on the field together is a sure sign that the Jets would be most effective if they moved Pace (who plays in space like he's in quicksand) up to DE and start
    McIntyre at OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Wow. A great effort by the D and the Jets basically played a base nickel D with these guys playing 69 or more of the 78 snaps. Only Devito played less (50 snaps) in a rotation at DT.

Quinton Coples
    Mike DeVito
    Muhammad Wilkerson

David Harris
    Calvin Pace
    Demario Davis

Yeremiah Bell
    LaRon Landry
    Antonio Cromartie
    Kyle Wilson
    Isaiah Trufant

Look at the names. 4 of them were not even Jets last season. That's more than a third of the starting D. IMO, the success of these players on the field together is a sure sign that the Jets would be most effective if they moved Pace (who plays in space like he's in quicksand) up to DE and start
    McIntyre at OLB.
    Why not just get Pace off the field. Forget about moving him up - just bring in the youth and speed and get Pace off the field.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Did I imagine Marcus Dowtin on the field on defense? I know I saw him on STs, but I could have sworn I saw him on D as well. Dowtin (not Muir) is #92, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

Quinton Coples
    Mike DeVito
    Muhammad Wilkerson

David Harris
    Calvin Pace
    Demario Davis

Yeremiah Bell
    LaRon Landry
    Antonio Cromartie
    Kyle Wilson
    Isaiah Trufant

McIntyre at OLB.

That is way too many snaps for Pace- he's slow enough when he's not tired.
    He's the next Rex binkie thats gotta go!

Harris, Bell, and Landry play 100% of the snaps every week. They have to be in otherworldly condition, especially doing that against the Patriots.

I'm also glad that the coaches decided to just throw the young guys into the fire. I think, in the past, they've been too concerned with playing guys that they consider to be the most reliable, the guys that avoid making even little mistakes. As a result, guys that were more capable of making plays were left on the sidelines.

On offense, getting Keller back has been huge. He's a better blocker than Cumberland, which has improved the running game, and he's reliable. People think losing Holmes has been addition by subtraction. I think that getting Keller back, even though he's not 100%, is addition by addition. There may be something to Sanchez no longer feeling that he has to get Holmes his "touches," but I think Keller's return has been a much bigger factor. Sanchez was 7/7 throwing to Keller yesterday, and had another pass that drew a flag. The Pats pass defense is really bad, but there's no way that Cumberland would have been able to give us even half of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    [/B]

That is way too many snaps for Pace- he's slow enough when he's not tired.
    He's the next Rex binkie thats gotta go!
    I agree, but if he's gonna be on the field I think he's be more effective as a DE than an OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Why not just get Pace off the field. Forget about moving him up - just bring in the youth and speed and get Pace off the field.
    I was just trying to tweak the personnel on the field for most of the game. Basically, the Jets D line should always have Wilkerson and Coples out there. Devito and Pace are currently the other two best healthy options for the D line. Once Puoha and Ellis get healthy, the Jets D-line becomes very deep. I would love to see the Jets line up with Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, and Pace as the 4 down lineman on 3d and long. Altough Pace is not what he once was, there is no better option to work in a 4th lineman to rush the passer.

I wonder what has happened to Aaron Berry, I think he was active did any one see him on special teams?

Jets Insider VIP
    Pace is neither stout at the PoA, fluid in space, good at rushing the QB or fast in pursuit. Maybin at least does the latter two well, the last especially so. Sit Pace, start Maybin. At least when he gets steamrolled on a run he can chase the guy from behind, unlike Pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Pace is neither stout at the PoA, fluid in space, good at rushing the QB or fast in pursuit. Maybin at least does the latter two well, the last especially so. Sit Pace, start Maybin. At least when he gets steamrolled on a run he can chase the guy from behind, unlike Pace.
    Lol. that reminds me of what I used to say about Curtis Martin. The surest way to tackle him in the open field was to let him run by you than tackle him from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I wonder what has happened to Aaron Berry, I think he was active did any one see him on special teams?
    Was he playing versus the colts?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Harris, Bell, and Landry play 100% of the snaps every week. They have to be in otherworldly condition, especially doing that against the Patriots.

I'm also glad that the coaches decided to just throw the young guys into the fire. I think, in the past, they've been too concerned with playing guys that they consider to be the most reliable, the guys that avoid making even little mistakes. As a result, guys that were more capable of making plays were left on the sidelines.

On offense, getting Keller back has been huge. He's a better blocker than Cumberland, which has improved the running game, and he's reliable. People think losing Holmes has been addition by subtraction. I think that getting Keller back, even though he's not 100%, is addition by addition. There may be something to Sanchez no longer feeling that he has to get Holmes his "touches," but I think Keller's return has been a much bigger factor. Sanchez was 7/7 throwing to Keller yesterday, and had another pass that drew a flag. The Pats pass defense is really bad, but there's no way that Cumberland would have been able to give us even half of that.
    As much as I dislike Keller's inconstancy, being at the game, it was painfully obvious of how much better he was than everyone on the field for the Pats D. They had no one that could match up with him.

If he goes elsewhere after this season with a good passing game he'll be an all-pro. I wonder if the Jets get him for a hometown discount or try and deal him.

@TurnOnTheJets: http://t.co/XNjFtOFB - 5) Time to give more of Slauson's reps to Ducasse (yes I'm serious) - Comparable levels of play, more upside #Jets