Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belicheat would make it work

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Belicheat would make it work

I for one am so tired of this organizations lack of ability to make the right choices.

Sanchez continues to fail or fumble away games, he is inaccurate, unreliable, inconsistent, lacks leadership and is clearly not the answer.

Belichek has:

Taken a Dolphin reject in Wes Welker and turnen him into arguably the best receiver in the NFL
    Taken a Jet reject in Danny Woodhead and made him a prolific part of the Patriot offense.
    Drafted a small 5'9' Julian Edelman and made him a successful utility offensive player and part time defensive back

What do you think Belichek would do with a Tim Tebow? Tebow has more talent and abilities possibly than the aforementioned 3 players combined. Plus he is a leader and winner in himself.

We clearly have an unusual talent here and this organization can't get out of it's own way and utilize his skill sets, REALLY?

Even if not at QB (Belichek with the luxury of Brady) Belichek would be using the heck out of him.

With Sanchez being the failure that he is, this organization doesn't even test the waters to see what he can do. I for one know what he can do, he was a winner at UF and as as rookie was highly successful at the NFL level with the Broncos.

I believe the Jet offense is made for him. He will make and solidfy ground and pound, he will be a game manager and not make the bonehead plays that Mark makes. And he will make the big throws because his receivers tend to be wide open when they do decide to throw. (Defenses play up because of his running ability).

I'm done, I'm tired of trying to convince the Sanchez apologists and the NFL aerial attack groupies that Tebow will work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our owner puts winning second and the JETS brand first.

Its all you have to know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idk, I think that Brady guy might have something to do with it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only person in the NFL who thinks Tebow is a starting QB is Josh McDaniels. Last year was also teebs second year, not rookie year. Also lol at your Julian Edelman statement.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that they need to better utilize Tim. They brought him here for a reason. Where that is though is near the goal line where he gives you an extra big body to try and bring down. He can drag defenders or just shift away from them. The guy has good moves. I cant believe they took him out of so many good goal line situations against the Pats.

As an every down qb though? No way. They need him out there though. He's a distraction to the defense every time he is there. I love seeing Tim go out there and get all pumped up. That's what the Jets need right now but he can be that as a situational player. Just needs to be used more productively.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The only person in the NFL who thinks Tebow is a starting QB is Josh McDaniels. Last year was also teebs second year, not rookie year. Also lol at your Julian Edelman statement.
    So I guess Ruby you exposed yourself; "NFL aerial attack groupie"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also Welker was not a reject in Miami. He was guy alot like Brian Hartline. Good player on a bad team. Its the system NE has that gets him the 40 more catches a year he did not get in Miami.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    I for one am so tired of this organizations lack of ability to make the right choices.

Sanchez continues to fail or fumble away games, he is inaccurate, unreliable, inconsistent, lacks leadership and is clearly not the answer.

Belichek has:

Taken a Dolphin reject in Wes Welker and turnen him into arguably the best receiver in the NFL
    Taken a Jet reject in Danny Woodhead and made him a prolific part of the Patriot offense.
    Drafted a small 5'9' Julian Edelman and made him a successful utility offensive player and part time defensive back

What do you think Belichek would do with a Tim Tebow? Tebow has more talent and abilities possibly than the aforementioned 3 players combined. Plus he is a leader and winner in himself.

We clearly have an unusual talent here and this organization can't get out of it's own way and utilize his skill sets, REALLY?

Even if not at QB (Belichek with the luxury of Brady) Belichek would be using the heck out of him.

With Sanchez being the failure that he is, this organization doesn't even test the waters to see what he can do. I for one know what he can do, he was a winner at UF and as as rookie was highly successful at the NFL level with the Broncos.

I believe the Jet offense is made for him. He will make and solidfy ground and pound, he will be a game manager and not make the bonehead plays that Mark makes. And he will make the big throws because his receivers tend to be wide open when they do decide to throw. (Defenses play up because of his running ability).

I'm done, I'm tired of trying to convince the Sanchez apologists and the NFL aerial attack groupies that Tebow will work.
    You had me until you said Tebow. He scares nobody, db's creep up and lb cue run all day long. If he does get lucky enough to get a pass over the corner, Defenses are willing to give him that. Tebow's accuracy is a real problem, not too mention his motion is slow. Not sure why we have not been using him at FB, unless he just can't block.

If we could meld the character of Tebow and running abilities, and give him short arm strength of Sanchez, then you got something, but these 2 together are not better than 1, they detract from each other.

I would trade both Sanchez & Tebow for Tannenhill or almost anybody with an arm, and brain. We tried to get lucky and should have taken Josh Freeman, as a lot of us said when the draft was here. But now, trade them for a #1, we can't win with either of them, especially with our other glaring weaknesses, like WR, OL, LB, DB's, Kicker, and FB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I agree that they need to better utilize Tim. They brought him here for a reason. Where that is though is near the goal line where he gives you an extra big body to try and bring down. He can drag defenders or just shift away from them. The guy has good moves. I cant believe they took him out of so many good goal line situations against the Pats.

As an every down qb though? No way. They need him out there though. He's a distraction to the defense every time he is there. I love seeing Tim go out there and get all pumped up. That's what the Jets need right now but he can be that as a situational player. Just needs to be used more productively.
    I would totally be OK with that. I am still a believer that Tebow can be a successful starter in this league in the right situation, and as I stated, I do believe the Jets can be the right situation.

However, I would totally be OK with the extended usage as you suggest.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    You had me until you said Tebow. He scares nobody, db's creep up and lb cue run all day long. If he does get lucky enough to get a pass over the corner, Defenses are willing to give him that. Tebow's accuracy is a real problem, not too mention his motion is slow. Not sure why we have not been using him at FB, unless he just can't block.

If we could meld the character of Tebow and running abilities, and give him short arm strength of Sanchez, then you got something, but these 2 together are not better than 1, they detract from each other.

I would trade both Sanchez & Tebow for Tannenhill or almost anybody with an arm, and brain. We tried to get lucky and should have taken Josh Freeman, as a lot of us said when the draft was here. But now, trade them for a #1, we can't win with either of them, especially with our other glaring weaknesses, like WR, OL, LB, DB's, Kicker, and FB.
    Thanks for your input and you do bring up points that many have made. I do not believe its luck when he can drop that pass over the corner, it is because of his running ability that makes that play happen. Can't argue the slow release, but that only becomes a factor usually on obvious passing downs if you are playing from behind. The blitz and rushing defenses then can pile up and that does become an issue. During normal plays in tight games the D still doesn't know if he will take off running so the slow release usually is no factor.

As far as inaccuracy, no worse but probably better (Definitley better on the deep ball) than Mark, you cannot question that.

I still believe in the right situation he will be successful.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put Sanchez and Tebow in New England and Belicheat is 0-7.

Put Brady with Rex and the jets are 7-0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just hope if you don't use him, you trade him. After what he did in Denver, and how hard he is busting his ass out there while being nothing but a team player, kid's sure as hell earned his shot at legitimately competing for a starting spot with a team who actually believes in him....AT THAT POSITION!

In fact, I say he deserves a shot just based on all of the criticism he takes day in and day out in the media and everywhere else. I have never ever seen an athlete be criticized, put down or humiliated the way Tebow has been. It's just remarkable how he has maintained the attitude and personality he has.

I remember people saying the NY media would tear him apart. Well they're going to have to try a lot harder that's for sure because I'm not seeing it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post

Not ... Rex would not give Even the mighty Brady the reigns ... And therein my friend, lies the real.problem.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Brady with Rex 7-0 agree.

NE would be 0-7 because the NE defense is borderline poor and the subtraction of Brady relegates their offense to poor, and Sanchez is awful so even poorer. However, Belichek would not start Sanchez he would use Tebow and probably be 3-4 at this point the difference being a loss to the 7-0 Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    I just hope if you don't use him, you trade him. After what he did in Denver, and how hard he is busting his ass out there while being nothing but a team player, kid's sure as hell earned his shot at legitimately competing for a starting spot with a team who actually believes in him....AT THAT POSITION!

In fact, I say he deserves a shot just based on all of the criticism he takes day in and day out in the media and everywhere else. I have never ever seen an athlete be criticized, put down or humiliated the way Tebow has been. It's just remarkable how he has maintained the attitude and personality he has.

I remember people saying the NY media would tear him apart. Well they're going to have to try a lot harder that's for sure because I'm not seeing it.
    Excellent post ... 100 percent agree.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady with Rex 7-0 agree.

NE would be 0-7 because the NE defense is borderline poor and the subtraction of Brady relegates their offense to poor, and Sanchez is awful so even poorer. However, Belichek would not start Sanchez he would use Tebow and probably be 3-4 at this point the difference being a loss to the 7-0 Jets.
    Tebow is atrocious, worse than Sanchez.

It would be fun in jetville to see Tebow at qb paired with another Belicheat sieve defense. 0-7.
    Last edited by child please; 10-23-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

Thank you Whichfan, well said, totally agree.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is atrocious, worse than Sanchez.

It would be fun in jetville to see Tebow at qb paired with another Belicheat sieve defense. 0-7.
    Funny how your rating system works, voted the most prolific college player of all time with a National Championship, finally gets to start for a 2-3 NFL team, goes 7-4, makes the playoffs, beats a powerhouse Steeler team soundly eventually losing to Super Bowl representative Patriots.

Sanchez after almost 4 years, is 3-7 in his last 10 NFL games, continues to make same mistakes, lowest completion % in NFL.

But your stats say Tebow is atricious worse than Sanchez, WOW

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how your rating system works, voted the most prolific college player of all time with a National Championship, finally gets to start for a 2-3 NFL team, goes 7-4, makes the playoffs, beats a powerhouse Steeler team soundly eventually losing to Super Bowl representative Patriots.

Sanchez after almost 4 years, is 3-7 in his last 10 NFL games, continues to make same mistakes, lowest completion % in NFL.

But your stats say Tebow is atricious worse than Sanchez, WOW

Funny how your system must work then too.

Sanchez went to 2 straight AFC champ games, did Tebow ever do that or did NE *****slap him and the broncos on the way there? Was Ryan Leaf a good college qb? You want him as your qb too?

I go by the eyeball test.Tebow can't throw a football, he's terrible and his gimmick college option has a short shelf life.
    Last edited by child please; 10-23-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim is a nice guy and one heck of a competitor. But the 30-for-30 storyline aside, he's not much of a QB.

I do like having him in certain situations, though. 3rd and short? Give it to big hoss. He's not a starting QB, though. I'm sorry.

I'm not very fond of Mark either, so don't even try to go there.