Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belicheat would make it work

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The good part is that when we do trade Tebow to the Jaguars this offseason for a second round pick

1) The Jets will no longer have seeies where they are moving the chains STALLED or stopped completely by the insertion of Timmy

2) And even better it is a sure thing that the JI teboneheads......ucrenegade ballhawk demosthenes whichfan techjet this vinny guy et al will also be traded to jagwires.com for the absolutely nothing they bring to this place

win win

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, so you think Khan is going to trade the 35th pick in the draft for Tebow?
    I think Khan is going to be a great owner.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichik has yet to win without Brady (or cheating) and has failed to rebuild his D despite spending tons of draft picks on defensive players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Belichik has yet to win without Brady (or cheating) and has failed to rebuild his D despite spending tons of draft picks on defensive players.
    This

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the Jets coaching staff have not really attempted to use Tebow.

I didn't not believe Woody pushed him on them and fought that argument. I was clearly wrong.

Now I believe the coaching staff is spiting the team to prove a point to the owner. There are clear and obvious ways to use Tebow and the Jets have done little to none of it. They didn't want him and now refuse to use him properly.

Kind of reminds me of Money Ball (the movie) where the manager refused to use the players the way Brad Pitt asked him to do...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

B

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    The problem is the Jets coaching staff have not really attempted to use Tebow.

I didn't not believe Woody pushed him on them and fought that argument. I was clearly wrong.

Now I believe the coaching staff is spiting the team to prove a point to the owner. There are clear and obvious ways to use Tebow and the Jets have done little to none of it. They didn't want him and now refuse to use him properly.

Kind of reminds me of Money Ball (the movie) where the manager refused to use the players the way Brad Pitt asked him to do...

And that my friend is the full explanation. There is no doubt that if there were another backup QB on this team (EX. Matt Moore, Kyle Orton etc) they would have been playing now and Suckchez would be on the bench. But because its Tebow we are stuck with Sanchez, Rex will not play Tebow.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Vindication after I started this Thread

Article today, after I started this thread 3 weeks ago, all my points including the last sentence comment by the author.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...danny-woodhead

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Bellichek here would be like Belichik in Cleveland.

How'd that go, I forgot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Article today, after I started this thread 3 weeks ago, all my points including the last sentence comment by the author.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...danny-woodhead
    Agreed. Goes to what CMART has been saying. Rex can't develop players.

I go further by saying (have said) REX cant see or evaluate college talent. SO...he keeps conner (his pick) and lets Woodhead go, brings in guys like LT etc. We got 1 good year from LT one OK year. Woodhead will pay dividends for6 or 7. By all accounts Woodhead had a better camp than Conner in 2011.

Our management team just blows.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I go further by saying (have said) REX cant see or evaluate college talent. SO...he keeps conner (his pick) and lets Woodhead go, brings in guys like LT etc. We got 1 good year from LT one OK year. Woodhead will pay dividends for6 or 7. By all accounts Woodhead had a better camp than Conner in 2011.

And us fans knew it when it happened, Rex did not. Him sticking with Sanchez is deja'vu all over again, the fans know its wrong before he does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Put Sanchez and Tebow in New England and Belicheat is 0-7.

Put Brady with Rex and the jets are 7-0
    Yea right.

Your team has more holes than a pound of swiss cheese.

Even Brady could not win with that team.

BTW, thanks for Woodhead, all he does is make huge plays at critical moments in games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Put Sanchez and Tebow in New England and Belicheat is 0-7.

Put Brady with Rex and the jets are 7-0
    You dont believe this anymore do you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And us fans knew it when it happened, Rex did not. Him sticking with Sanchez is deja'vu all over again, the fans know its wrong before he does.
    I think more like SAR I. Sanchez is the least of our problems although it's big now.

That said.... the personnel moves the last 2 years have been just rank bull$hit.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

LT had close to a 1,000 yards in 2010 and in the first half of that year was averaging close to 5 yards a carry after he took over the starting RB reigns from Greene. He also made big contributions in both playoff wins.

LT was a vastly superior player to Woodhead in 2010 and was a cheap excellent addition

People whining over losing Woodhead is as bad as people complaining about Cotchery and Brad Smith leaving. Who cares.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Also Welker was not a reject in Miami. He was guy alot like Brian Hartline. Good player on a bad team. Its the system NE has that gets him the 40 more catches a year he did not get in Miami.
    +1

Belichek gave up a 2nd and a 7th to get him. Which, at the time, numerous Jets fans made fun of. Bellichek said himself they couldn't figure out how to cover him. Now, why Miami would send him to the best team in their own division.... wow.

Even with Brady on this team, maybe we win against Houston, but we are still an average at best team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    LT had close to a 1,000 yards in 2010 and in the first half of that year was averaging close to 5 yards a carry after he took over the starting RB reigns from Greene. He also made big contributions in both playoff wins.

LT was a vastly superior player to Woodhead in 2010 and was a cheap excellent addition

People whining over losing Woodhead is as bad as people complaining about Cotchery and Brad Smith leaving. Who cares.
    OK...put the kool aid down for a moment and tell us what they HAVE done.

I simply disagree. We need youth. Our drafts and player development have been hurt badly by trading away picks and releasing players like Cotch and Smith only to bring in Plax.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jesus H your drivel has become completely unreadable.
    Hey Rah Rah, how those 12 wins lookin?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This

+1
    How is last place looking in the AFCE with a pathetic 3-6 record?

Are the Jets still winning 12 games like you guaranteed?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK...put the kool aid down for a moment and tell us what they HAVE done.

I simply disagree. We need youth. Our drafts and player development have been hurt badly by trading away picks and releasing players like Cotch and Smith only to bring in Plax.
    haha you need to read more of my posts if you think i'm a kool aid drinker.

The front office certainly deserves to be criticized but when times are bad this board has a tendency to get extreme with their criticism and nitpick absolutely every personnel move.

Kerley has replaced the role of Cotchery of slot receiver while McKnight has replaced Smith as KR.

Both players are cheaper, better, and younger than the guys they replaced.

Meanwhile Woodhead's potential role as 3rd down back on this team has been fine in the hands of Powell.

The offseason signings of Bell and Landry were also good moves (although short term).

That being said we have 4 icebergs as linebackers, a complete horror show on offense, had really bad 2009 and 2010 drafts, and are chained to the worst starting QB in the NFL for next year.

Plenty of room for legit criticism of the front office but complaining about losing guys like Woodhead, Smith, and Cotchery is over the top.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    pretty good until the owner announced he was going to move.

3-13 before BB
    then
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    then Modell said he was going to move. Remember this was during plan B free agency. BB was disastrous from a PR and media perspective. When he benched native son Kosar he was vilified. Kosar was considered a home town God. That killed him with the fans. Him not allowing media contact with the players killed him with the media.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I for one am so tired of this organizations lack of ability to make the right choices.

Sanchez continues to fail
    Belli**** has an org that knows how to build a roster, of success football players. The Jets front office wouldn't know a star from a Tebow