Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    WTF? This storm now has a name? When did they start with that? Can't be a good sign.

Athena, youre a stupid b!tch. Go away.
    +1, this sucks for all of you in her path.

Sorry to hear this!
    Hope the storm isn't too bad and doesn't cause you too many more problems.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    WTF? This storm now has a name? When did they start with that? Can't be a good sign.

Athena, youre a stupid b!tch. Go away.
    I hope she doesnt become the line in the Who song.

She's just a girl, shes a bomb.

Be safe (again) guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Naming this storm is ridiculous... they are definitely in a quest for ratings at this point.

This thing looks like an absolute nothing... still hope all those in affected areas stay safe.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I wish u guys would get over all this storm talk - don't u realize ur here for my amusement?

So chop chop, make with the funny

OAKWOOD BEACH, N.Y. — They were found hugging, a former Marine and his blue-eyed son, buried under the wreckage of the home they had hoped to save.

John "Flip" Filipowicz and John Jr., 20, had defied orders to evacuate as Hurricane Sandy approached Monday, determined to pump water out of their basement. But the massive tidal surge and raging floodwaters crushed the foundation, and a wall of concrete collapsed on them.

Police discovered the two the next day, their arms wrapped around each other. They lay amid the wreckage of Oakwood Beach, a working-class neighborhood of firefighters and cops, postal workers and corrections officers, on the southern lip of Staten Island, the always-forgotten New York City borough that suffered the worst in Sandy's terrible maw.

"They were hugging, and it breaks my heart to think that Flip was telling John, 'I can't save you,' " said their neighbor Sue Somma.

Filipowicz, 51, a former corrections officer, had sent his wife, daughter and another son — John Jr.'s twin — to relatives. Somma, the neighbor, described the former Marine as "a survivor" who probably planned to drink a few beers with John Jr. while the hurricane raged outside.

The next day, Somma said, she and her husband saw a 20-foot-wide hole where the concrete foundation had caved into the basement. John's brother, Neil is a retired FDNY and former MOS 1st Pct

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Naming this storm is ridiculous... they are definitely in a quest for ratings at this point.

This thing looks like an absolute nothing... still hope all those in affected areas stay safe.
    That's what they said about Vietnam. How'd that turn out?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    OAKWOOD BEACH, N.Y. — They were found hugging, a former Marine and his blue-eyed son, buried under the wreckage of the home they had hoped to save.

John "Flip" Filipowicz and John Jr., 20, had defied orders to evacuate as Hurricane Sandy approached Monday, determined to pump water out of their basement. But the massive tidal surge and raging floodwaters crushed the foundation, and a wall of concrete collapsed on them.

Police discovered the two the next day, their arms wrapped around each other. They lay amid the wreckage of Oakwood Beach, a working-class neighborhood of firefighters and cops, postal workers and corrections officers, on the southern lip of Staten Island, the always-forgotten New York City borough that suffered the worst in Sandy's terrible maw.

"They were hugging, and it breaks my heart to think that Flip was telling John, 'I can't save you,' " said their neighbor Sue Somma.

Filipowicz, 51, a former corrections officer, had sent his wife, daughter and another son — John Jr.'s twin — to relatives. Somma, the neighbor, described the former Marine as "a survivor" who probably planned to drink a few beers with John Jr. while the hurricane raged outside.

The next day, Somma said, she and her husband saw a 20-foot-wide hole where the concrete foundation had caved into the basement. John's brother, Neil is a retired FDNY and former MOS 1st Pct

-
    Oh sure throw that at me.....

All Pro

-

Damn is that brutal.

All Pro
    Pretty sure you guys have different definitions of the word "funny". And if my memory is correct, the word "paralellogram".

Jets Insider VIP
    I wish u guys would get over all this storm talk - don't u realize ur here for my amusement?

So chop chop, make with the funny

-

Yeah, wrong thread for that....

Bewildered Beast

-
    I hug my 20 year old every day; I don't even feel the punches anymore.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I hug my 20 year old every day; I don't even feel the punches anymore.
    "the blue eyed son" is what got me.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Forget it Jake - it's Chinatown

Veteran
    Already snowing in central CT (my hometown and where my mother still lives).

I don't know if it's part of Athena or just another weather system.

Way too early for snowfall.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Already snowing in central CT (my hometown and where my mother still lives).

I don't know if it's part of Athena or just another weather system.

Way too early for snowfall.
    Been snowing pretty heavy in Central Nassau. Just such a mental kick in the arse for all these poor folks.

Hall Of Fame
    Been snowing pretty heavy in Central Nassau. Just such a mental kick in the arse for all these poor folks.
    Air Supply putting on a benefit show for SAR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Light snow here, but we're further west, hopefully not getting much.
    I'm not even going to shovel it.

I am on a shovel strike.

Plus my dead, poisoned arm makes it prohibitive.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Air Supply putting on a benefit show for SAR.
    I just bribed a Verizon guy $200 to fix my Fios today instead of waiting until Saturday.

Even in a hurricane I rock harder than Air Supply.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I just bribed a Verizon guy $200 to fix my Fios today instead of waiting until Saturday.

Even in a hurricane I rock harder than Air Supply.

SAR I
    Scorpions?

Power's back on, I take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    It was snowing for literally about 30 seconds and the power in my office went out again. WTF is LIPA using? Scotch tape???

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Scorpions?

Power's back on, I take it.
    Came back on last night around 10PM, but my Fios wouldn't boot back up so I missed all the election coverage. Streamed NBC news on my iPad for that.

When I called Verizon they said I wouldn't be able to get fixed until Saturday even though it was a relatively simple problem. This morning getting coffee at Dunkin' Donuts I noticed a guy in a Verizon truck. Jokingly, I asked him if he accepted bribes and I give him $200 bucks if he came to my house right away and hit a few buttons to get me up and running.

He had no problem with that. My power just went out again about five minutes ago, I assume they're working on something.

SAR I