Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's making it through pretty well?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    A black day for WCO; their mothers put them up to that. What kind of mother tells a child that her father skips support payments? Any way you probably saw that on CNN...the "TEll My Daddy TO Make It Rain" protest.

humbug

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'm all kinds of confused. I'm going to have to consult Johnnie Walker for a few...weeks.
    That's my....uhhhh...

Good luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't heard from Bonhomme. Hope all is well.
    I think he's safe. He was found floating in a flooded NJ street hanging onto these...

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I think he's safe. He was found floating in a flooded NJ street hanging onto these...

Ah yes - BR would subscribe to the "Any pork in a storm" theorem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm okay. Not that anyone cares but whatever.

How I didn't lose power with all that wind going all tazmanian-devil where I lived is a mystery wrapped inside a mystery.

Though when I took a walk around my neighborhood at noon today, I saw in some areas :

- A tree toppled over onto a street blocking both ways.

- A Telephone Pole/Street Lamp(I think) looking like the leaning tower of pisa, hanging over the road(which was closed off 'cause of this)

- Another tree toppled onto a home(not much damage fortunately. The house is made of bricks)

- Electrical wires/Power lines either lying on the sidewalk(which I avoided) and/or hanging loosely from a Telephone Pole.

- Yet another tree toppled onto a car, thoroughly smashing it. I certainly don't envy the owner's chances with explaining this to his insurance company.

I also heard that Route 17 North and Southbound had issues involving a wall near a river that was smashed through and as a result a good portion of it had 5 feet of water all over the place.

All in all, Sandy was a real b*tch, wasn't she?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm okay. Not that anyone cares but whatever.

How I didn't lose power with all that wind going all tazmanian-devil where I lived is a mystery wrapped inside a mystery.

Though when I took a walk around my neighborhood at noon today, I saw in some areas :

- A tree toppled over onto a street blocking both ways.

- A Telephone Pole/Street Lamp(I think) looking like the leaning tower of pisa, hanging over the road(which was closed off 'cause of this)

- Another tree toppled onto a home(not much damage fortunately. The house is made of bricks)

- Electrical wires/Power lines either lying on the sidewalk(which I avoided) and/or hanging loosely from a Telephone Pole.

- Yet another tree toppled onto a car, thoroughly smashing it. I certainly don't envy the owner's chances with explaining this to his insurance company.

I also heard that Route 17 North and Southbound had issues involving a wall near a river that was smashed through and as a result a good portion of it had 5 feet of water all over the place.

All in all, Sandy was a real b*tch, wasn't she?
    good to hear it vin, we knew you'd make it

we're more worried about Bonhomme running in chest high water wearing only Totes over his Florsheims

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

we're more worried about Bonhomme running in chest high water wearing only Totes over his Florsheims
    At least we know he always has an umbrella With him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Bonhomme is one tough man.

He laughs in the face of Sandy's PMS mode.

Though that pic of him using those two "flotation devices" could be more true than we realize. As the poster said : "Any pork in a storm".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty well?????
    Those are some nasty pics.

Did you get a boat in your house? or any damage?

As long as the family is okay, that's the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    We made it through pretty well, thankfully. Hope you guys are doing okay. Staten Island has received very little coverage on TV, for whatever reason:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ damn. That's just awful.

Hope nobody got hurt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now comes the clean up....and it sucks balls. Particularly the slime that's left - good thing it's closer to winter than summer cuz if it heats up that sh*t smells.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    All day with the chainsaw. Chainsaw + hangover = teh suck. Good friend a few blocks south flooded by 4 ft of water and lost 3 vehicles. Looks like armageddon, can't believe how bad Seaford got hit. I can't get the fuel oil stink off of me after 2 showers -- the crap was floating on top of the water everywhere as we bailed/pumped/cut/helped neighbors. Fires were burning in Massapequa that FD couldn't get to due to flooding. Tree I planted when my son was born 13 years ago is sitting in small neatly cut chunks on the curb.

F-ck you Sandy

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    All day with the chainsaw. Chainsaw + hangover = teh suck. Good friend a few blocks south flooded by 4 ft of water and lost 3 vehicles. Looks like armageddon, can't believe how bad Seaford got hit. I can't get the fuel oil stink off of me after 2 showers -- the crap was floating on top of the water everywhere as we bailed/pumped/cut/helped neighbors. Fires were burning in Massapequa that FD couldn't get to due to flooding. Tree I planted when my son was born 13 years ago is sitting in small neatly cut chunks on the curb.

F-ck you Sandy
    Glad you're okay?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't heard from SAR. Hope all is well.
    Thanks Timmy.

While my neighbors were volunteering to clean up, wading through greasy oily smelly water with chainsaws, I decided to sit on the couch and read. My gas fireplace has a "blackout mode" so we're warm, the KitchenAid cooktop is gas so we can cook, the Weber grill is gassed-up, and the Odyssey has 3 USB ports and a 110 outlet so our iOS devices are always charged.

Hopefully the power comes back tomorrow as I'd like to use the keyboard to type though Siri on the iPad is the next best thing.

Hope everyone else is well.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thanks Timmy.

While my neighbors were volunteering to clean up, wading through greasy oily smelly water with chainsaws, I decided to sit on the couch and read. My gas fireplace has a "blackout mode" so we're warm, the KitchenAid cooktop is gas so we can cook, the Weber grill is gassed-up, and the Odyssey has 3 USB ports and a 110 outlet so our iOS devices are always charged.

Hopefully the power comes back tomorrow as I'd like to use the keyboard to type though Siri on the iPad is the next best thing.

Hope everyone else is well.

SAR I
    Good show chap. That's exactly what all the women did here as well.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    A sense of community!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    That's making it through pretty well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Pretty well?????
    Those are some nasty pics.

Did you get a boat in your house? or any damage?

As long as the family is okay, that's the most important thing.
    My neighborhood was mostly spared save for a few trees and power outages. The beach (Zone A) is the next town over, about a mile and a half away, those folks got destroyed. Houses and cars just swept away up to a half mile. The boats are from Great Kills harbor where my dad lives. Both ends of his block had 50' yachts on either side. The high water mark for the street there was about 9', so ranch houses were almost completely under water. Friends in the middle of the island were trapped on their roof tops or second floors for over 12 hours. They were in Zone B.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thanks Timmy.

SAR I
    this is like mailing yourself flowers on valentines day

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The roof came off of my daughters dollhouse.

Now it's on.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...