Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Holee crap - anyone heard about this?

http://local.nixle.com/alert/4911085/
    Oh doh! That sucks for whomever went there, Diesel can totally fubar your non-diesel engine I believe.

I can see how such a thing could happen, given all the craziness, but damn, insult to injury, you lose your house to the storm, and your car to diesel fuel?

/ouch

All League
    Holee crap - anyone heard about this?

http://local.nixle.com/alert/4911085/
    Used to work at a Gulf station in my teenage years. Mostly self service. One evening, an old red dumptruck pulls in to the self serve aisles, starts to fill up. After a few minutes, I say to my buddy "Uh, shouldn't he be putting deisel in?".

They wound up emptying almost 40 gallons of gas out of the tank. LOLz.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Oh doh! That sucks for whomever went there, Diesel can totally fubar your non-diesel engine I believe.

I can see how such a thing could happen, given all the craziness, but damn, insult to injury, you lose your house to the storm, and your car to diesel fuel?

/ouch
    Yes it will. Those folks cars are ****ed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Burning pine creates creosote, builds up in your chimney, greater risk of chimney fire, yes?

yes, and it would be extra bad if people tried burning pine trees that were alive last week.

i hope its not too cold for you guys without electricity because winter is starting here

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

/ouch
    +1

What a terrible error, that just adds to people's troubles.

Wonder if Hess will replace vehicles and generators that break down because of this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Used to work at a Gulf station in my teenage years. Mostly self service. One evening, an old red dumptruck pulls in to the self serve aisles, starts to fill up. After a few minutes, I say to my buddy "Uh, shouldn't he be putting deisel in?".

They wound up emptying almost 40 gallons of gas out of the tank. LOLz.
    The simply could have put standard 10W30 weight in with the fuel. During Tall Ships I I was invited to see the parade into Boston Harbor by a vendor. They had rented a 75 ft yacht and had all the goodies, food, booze, etc. As we were starting out to the location for the parade the yacht was abruptly stopped and a boat was hailing us. The marina had realized that they filled the diesel tanks with gasoline. They proceeded to dump gallons of oil into the gas tank to compensate for it. When I thought about it, it makes sense. Sort of like two cycle mix. We ran the remainder of the day (10 hours) with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    The simply could have put standard 10W30 weight in with the fuel. During Tall Ships I I was invited to see the parade into Boston Harbor by a vendor. They had rented a 75 ft yacht and had all the goodies, food, booze, etc. As we were starting out to the location for the parade the yacht was abruptly stopped and a boat was hailing us. The marina had realized that they filled the diesel tanks with gasoline. They proceeded to dump gallons of oil into the gas tank to compensate for it. When I thought about it, it makes sense. Sort of like two cycle mix. We ran the remainder of the day (10 hours) with no problems.
    Ahh..the chowds are so smaht.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ahh..the chowds are so smaht.
    That...or an anonymous chowd just convinced a bunch of Jersey mouthbreathers to pour oil into their gas tanks on top of the diesel.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Frankly I can't wait until my sisters get power back.
    My brother in law is even more hard of hearing than I am, and blares the TV. and my nephews are kind of annoying.

For some reason, I'm the one that feels like I'm getting in their way while in my own house.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

My brother in law is even more hard of hearing than I am, and blares the TV. and my nephews are kind of annoying.

For some reason, I'm the one that feels like I'm getting in their way while in my own house.
    Have you introduced them to your new found passion for nekkid jumping- jacks whilst watching sports center? That'll clear a room.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Have you introduced them to your new found passion for nekkid jumping- jacks whilst watching sports center? That'll clear a room.

-
    Unless his brother-in-law finds his penis to be cute.

Veteran

-
    LOL

But all the female neighbors might "just drop in to see what condition his condition (??) is in."

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    WTF

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Might be worth a try. They seem to have built up a tolerance to my flatulence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    WTF
    Forget it Jake - it's Chinatown

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Fish calls his schween..... "Storm surge".

Every time I carly is on, he points to it and yells "Storm surge approves!!!".

An they still wont leave.

-

Bewildered Beast
    Fish calls his schween..... "Storm surge".

Every time I carly is on, he points to it and yells "Storm surge approves!!!".

An they still wont leave.

-
    I'd add "fill their basement" to my moves.

Wild eyes is good.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I'd add "fill their basement" to my moves.

Wild eyes is good.
    lol

You'll need a sump pump when I'm finished with you, by golly!

-

All League

You've got to out-loud him. And have something truely awful on the screen, like the X-Factor.

lol

You'll need a sump pump when I'm finished with you, by golly!

-
    "I got your FEMA grant, right here."