Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1048

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Well thankfully the proximity to Hempstead/Franklin Square had nothing to do with it...because to think that...would be wrong.

Me and the wife were heading down Peninsula about a month ago and we noticed that there was a carnival going on at Hempstead HS. Ferris wheel, rides, the whole deal. It was about 2 PM. I said to the wife, "I give that until about 6-7 before it deteriorates into a riot and she says "oh stop" with a roll of her eyes.

No sooner are the words out of my mouth, we are turning onto President st. and there it is..a throng of teens, hundreds of them stampeding out of the parking lot, in the distance sirens and the whole street is blocked off with bunch of them jumping up and down, full chaos mode in effect.

Instantly I pulled a uturn and start waving at all the disbelieving idiots in the cars around me to do the same before they become consumed by the hordes.

Luckily we were able to get back to Peninsula and drove down to Franklin st. where a ton of GC/hempstead cop cars were flying over to the melee.

Good times.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You laugh!

A soft Jersey kid like you would have been consumed by the screeching infidels as you sat like a sheep in your car. Luckily, I was able to continue on to enjoy The Lord and Taylor friends and family sale in Garden City.

-

Had my 4 iron on me during the blackout. Figure I could at least hit a head with it...

Jets Insider VIP
    You laugh!

A soft Jersey kid like you would have been consumed by the screeching infidels as you sat like a sheep in your car. Luckily, I was able to continue on to enjoy The Lord and Taylor friends and family sale in Garden City.

-
    THAT facking place.
    "Honey, why don't you just use the Amex card at L&T for the points?"
    "Because, STUPID, I get discounts and deals with a L&T card."

My wife turns into Don Rickles if there's an off comment about her L&T.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    THAT facking place.
    "Honey, why don't you just use the Amex card at L&T for the points?"
    "Because, STUPID, I get discounts and deals with a L&T card."

My wife turns into Don Rickles if there's an off comment about her L&T.
    And there's always two trips; The one trip to buy stuff, and the one trip to return one thing..which leads to buying more stuff, then returning one thing.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    And there's always two trips; The one trip to buy stuff, and the one trip to return one thing..which leads to buying more stuff, then returning one thing.

-
    No joke, my mother once got a letter from L&T corporate informing her that in a 1 year period she returned approximately 80% of her purchases. WTF?

Hall Of Fame
    No joke, my mother once got a letter from L&T corporate informing her that in a 1 year period she returned approximately 80% of her purchases. WTF?
    As long as you don't take the tags off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Lmao....Dear valued customer, you are approaching becoming a pain the the arse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whoopy!!!!!

GOT GAS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

-
    With my wife, that seems to be every frickin store!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    With my wife, that seems to be every frickin store!
    Does she drop tags all over the bedroom and bathroom floor?

Between our room and my 6 year old daughters room, it looks like there was a ticker tape parade.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Between our room and my 6 year old daughters room, it looks like there was a ticker tape parade.

-

-
    Tags, receipts. I dont know how these loopy broads keep track of what they bought, returned, and spent.

Oh thats right, they dont keep track.

http://gardencity.patch.com/groups/h...-on-high-alert

Third Street Home Invasion Puts Residents Without Power on High Alert
    Shots fired as residents confront perp inside the home.

in Garden City Patch - By Carisa Giardino (Editor)
    A home invasion on Third Street Thursday night has residents on edge, especially those still without power because of Hurricane Sandy.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. a subject armed with a gun entered a Third Street home and was confronted by a resident. Another family member upstairs heard the commotion. Police report two shots were fired into the ceiling of the home during the commotion.

The subject fled the area without any proceeds.

Police are also reporting that three unoccupied burglaries also took place on Third Street Thursday night. Officers discovered the burglaries during a canvas of the area, police commissioner Kenneth Jackson told Patch Friday.

The Third Street home invasion is similar to the occupied home invasion on Bedell Avenue in Hempstead Village the night prior, police said, in which the subject tied the residents up and burglarized the home.

Jackson said village police are working closely with Hempstead Village and Nassau County police to remain proactive during continued power outages as a result of Hurricane Sandy and most recently Wednesday's Nor'easter.

Jackson said the department is also working with LIPA to get the village restored as soon as possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

A home invasion on Third Street Thursday night has residents on edge, especially those still without power because of Hurricane Sandy.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. a subject armed with a gun entered a Third Street home and was confronted by a resident. Another family member upstairs heard the commotion. Police report two shots were fired into the ceiling of the home during the commotion.

Police are also reporting that three unoccupied burglaries also took place on Third Street Thursday night. Officers discovered the burglaries during a canvas of the area, police commissioner Kenneth Jackson told Patch Friday.

The Third Street home invasion is similar to the occupied home invasion on Bedell Avenue in Hempstead Village the night prior, police said, in which the subject tied the residents up and burglarized the home.

Jackson said village police are working closely with Hempstead Village and Nassau County police to remain proactive during continued power outages as a result of Hurricane Sandy and most recently Wednesday's Nor'easter.

Jackson said the department is also working with LIPA to get the village restored as soon as possible.
    My town is the best.

it sucks so much, I had my power restored from sandy, but then I got hit by around a foot of snow and it knocked my power out and its still out. I'm hoping I get it tonight or tomorrow, they said to expect the majority of customers to get their power back by tomorrow evening. I'm not a individual house either, on a grid of 1,500 customers and there are no individual lines to my house that are destroyed so hopefully I get it back soon. I almost threw my radio through the window yesterday when I heard that they were saying that customers that lost power due to the nor'eastern wouldn't be restored until next week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Whoopy!!!!!

GOT GAS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    where? no lines here in NJ

Well thankfully the proximity to Hempstead/Franklin Square had nothing to do with it...because to think that...would be wrong.
    Yeah, you wouldnt want to think that.....

You'd be right.....

But that would be wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

And reading the comments from that article, suspicious car on Meadow St.... which is also not far from Hempstead....

Hall Of Fame
    hundreds of them stampeding out of the parking lot, in the distance sirens and the whole street is blocked off with bunch of them jumping up and down,

-
    well well well