Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    It was snowing for literally about 30 seconds and the power in my office went out again. WTF is LIPA using? Scotch tape???
    We have about an inch+ of heavy snow...people around town who just got power back are losing it again. And the wind hasnt even really started yet.

Lent my generator to a friend last week...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    We have about an inch+ of heavy snow...people around town who just got power back are losing it again. And the wind hasnt even really started yet.

Lent my generator to a friend last week...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cas/3379887770.html

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Just remember, you have a tree hanging over your house. A tree...thats ready to go.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Just remember, you have a tree hanging over your house. A tree...thats ready to go.

-
    and no chainsaw for sex deals in our craigslist

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    and no chainsaw for sex deals in our craigslist
    I'm starting to think you have a 16' foot pit in your basement with a bedpan in it.

Anyhoo...just lost power for 20 minutes, got it back...branches are cracking from the snow outside, and the lights are flickering. Folks on the North side and southside of town lost power hours ago...

Wifes in teh city, Penn station is closed.

Good times.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Lost power for two hours. Back now. Power out all over town again, not including those who haven't had it since last Monday. I love LIPA.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Lost power for two hours. Back now. Power out all over town again, not including those who haven't had it since last Monday. I love LIPA.
    Fatcesser actually covered this for the second half of his show today (since he is still without power too).

Some non-LIPA lineman who came in for the storm called in and said there is basically no one running the show. They sit for hours doing cawk because they cant touch anything without permission or a LIPA guy there. DUdes are leaving in droves because they know people are staring at them sitting in parking lots.

The LIPA guys that called in said that the management and organization is terrible and that there is no coordination whatsoever.

This is criminal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Fatcesser actually covered this for the second half of his show today (since he is still without power too).

Some non-LIPA lineman who came in for the storm called in and said there is basically no one running the show. They sit for hours doing cawk because they cant touch anything without permission or a LIPA guy there. DUdes are leaving in droves because they know people are staring at them sitting in parking lots.

The LIPA guys that called in said that the management and organization is terrible and that there is no coordination whatsoever.

This is criminal.

I have a feeling the same thing is happening in NJ with JCP&L. Half of Monmouth County still doesn't have power and they "have no idea" when it will be restored. JCP&L proved just what giant pieces of **** they are.

Jets Insider VIP

This is criminal.

Pretty sure I heard that rant, but was also dealing with "Why is it snowing? What is snow made of? Is snow rain? It's raining now!" from the back seat. If you want to see how disorganized LIPA is, drive by St. Paul's on Stewart Avenue. Disgrace.

Hall Of Fame

This is criminal.

Fatty does not have power unless he is running on generator. Manhasset is decimated. Not that anyone cares about those rich white people and Jose Reyes.

LIPA is the worst. And they "replaced" LILCO which I sure you remember was equally inept. I think they have no money to finance the rebuild. I have gotten a bill from them the past four days in a row. My bill is due on the 17th and I have direct deposit and paperless billing set up with them. I called and they had no explanation other than to ignore it.

Hopefully Cuomo blows them up. We pay the highest rates in the country and get the worst service. Luckily, I was only out for 3 days.

This is criminal.

Something similar happened here in NJ, 3 tree survice trucks from West Des Moines, Iowa was parked outside my house with the engines on for a good 3-4 hours.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Still without power in Central Nassau, too. This is a heavy snow, the trees still left standing in neighborhood all have branches that are hanging low from the snow accumulation. when the gusts come through later it can get ugly. Good thoughts to all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fatty does not have power unless he is running on generator. Manhasset is decimated. Not that anyone cares about those rich white people and Jose Reyes.
    I know he doesnt have power, he said so. Thus his intense interest in the reform of LIPA.

I will give him credit for touching this issue, because this will be the real story of the storm (besides the human suffering) when the dust settles.

No other media outlets seem to be addressing this.

I have no doubt that the LIPA guys are working their tails off...but there is a terrible disconnect between LIPA management and the field operations.

An NYPD Chief, schooled under the fire of COMPSTAT, would coordinate this response ten times better.. without an ounce of utility experience. Its personel management.

I think its a combination of inept management, and resistance of the field LIPA guys to outsiders coming into their territory.

A strong manager would put a quick end to any of that.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Sister just lost power. Two neighbors as well. I have no gas for generator. This is bull****

Sittin here waiting for it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I believe it since he lives near my folks and they have been without power since last Monday.

On another note, tonight was the most ridiculous drive home I have had in 10 years. WTF is going on with the weather?

I blame Obama

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I believe it since he lives near my folks and they have been without power since last Monday.
    I know he has no power, he's been saying it all week. His passion for the issue is what I was alluding too. He wouldnt care if he had power.

Regardless, he has a forum to discuss the atrocity that is the response to this storm by LIPA management. They are responsible for every truck idling in a parking lot that came here to help.

-

All League
    Central CT was hammered last October 29 with a snow storm. Leaves still on the trees, took out power all over for days. Some for almost two weeks. CL&P was eviscerated for their response. President resigned shortly after. However, it did lead to a shyt load of tree trimming, and a new emergency response plan, which seemed to have limited Sandy's impacts in the area. LIPA prolly has to go thru the same thing to finally get their shyt together.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure if I mentioned this before but get this...

A surveyor from LIPA has to go out and survey the damage. After her surveys five areas, he has to physically drive to the substation and hand deliver it to them.

That means he has to fight traffic and burn gas because their system is so antiquated. They had to do the same thing last year for Irene.

What a colossal waste of time. But LIPA has shown time and again that they are inadequate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Heard four blown transformers in the last ten minutes. Still have power and fingers crossed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Heard four blown transformers in the last ten minutes. Still have power and fingers crossed.
    Wife is stuck in Penn Station ( after I pleaded with her to get an early train.) and the lights are flickering here. Good times.

-