Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Veteran
    Silly sh!t aside for once.... I hope all of you NY'rs are a-okay and your families at safe. You've been in the prayers of the rest of us. Now dry off and look at the poor little drowning victim that Sooth is trying to save.
    That's reason to survive ANY storm.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    thanks
    Glad you're safe, and at least JI is not blocked now.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Welcome Back jetswin...you were missed by 100% of your JI flock

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Hard to ignore.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sorry to hear that SAR. I assume you have a gas water heater since you have a gas stove and fireplace.

Hang in there.
    Yeah, gas water heater too.

Currently all piled into the living room with the fireplace sparing us from 36 degree temperatures. Can't sleep despite this.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    My power came on last night, almost feel guilty admitting as such - glad my sister could put (up with) us up for 48 hours.

Spent a couple of hours on gas lines this morning as well.

Now its our turn to help, as we're cycling through family and friends, coming by to have a hot meal and a shower, a beer or two, and stay over if needed. Pay it forward, and do what you can to help those around you.

This **** is just surreal, this is nothing compared to Hurricane Gloria in the mid 80s...
    Last edited by Fishooked; 11-03-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    He did suggest that municipal companies might have issues working side-by-side with non-unionized contractors.

That's so ****ing stupid, if true. It's not like these are one-armed contractors.
    If that IS true - then this state
    Today at the Garden State Plaza mall there were at least 100 utility trucks and crews from out of state sitting there doing nothing for the 5 hours we were inside.

Not exactly sure what they were doing waiting there, but definitely concerning that they went unutilized for a day.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Hard to ignore.
    LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah, gas water heater too.

Currently all piled into the living room with the fireplace sparing us from 36 degree temperatures. Can't sleep despite this.

SAR I
    Just miserable. The dark and cold at night is so disquieting. I hope the juice is restored to your neighborhood ASAP.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Today at the Garden State Plaza mall there were at least 100 utility trucks and crews from out of state sitting there doing nothing for the 5 hours we were inside.

Not exactly sure what they were doing waiting there, but definitely concerning that they went unutilized for a day.

SAR I
    Condolences; hang in there, Dad. I'd be going crazy; there is a certain pathos when young kids suffer for too long (like longer than 30 min ). Really I hope you get power soon, real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Just miserable. The dark and cold at night is so disquieting. I hope the juice is restored to your neighborhood ASAP.
    1,000 points for disquieting. A quiet fraught with anxiety and discomfort.

Hope all you guys are ok. I have not been home since Monday night. Been working nonstop around the clock this week. Sleeping at my parents and then going right back to work. All I know is if this was permanent we'd be in trouble. People are animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Hope all you guys are ok. I have not been home since Monday night. Been working nonstop around the clock this week. Sleeping at my parents and then going right back to work. All I know is if this was permanent we'd be in trouble. People are animals.
    PLEASE be patient..people are of course on split ends.

THANK YOU for helping and your service.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PLEASE be patient..people are of course on split ends.

THANK YOU for helping and your service.
    I understand, people are all in the same boat.

Jets Insider VIP
    7 bucket trucks did a u-turn in font of my house an hour ago. I was very glad to see them.

Then I watched them drive past the downed wires and disappear.

I felt like Charlie Brown as Lucy yanked the ball away.

I think they were probably headed to the Garden State Plaza.

All League
    NJ People and those like myself who spent the past 20 summers enjoying all that is the shoreline of NJ...if you want to give back, take a look at this opportunity below:

http://shop.ergoclothing.com/?utm_so...m_medium=email

....and I'm back. Rutherford, NJ aka as the Borough of Trees took a beating.

Tree and wind took out a fence and a retaining wall at the back my property, but overall, I feel blessed compared to some of my fellow NJ brethren.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hoping 32green and family sre OK and that he and his banhammer can get back here soon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    32G did check in right after the storm (in this thread). Said something about 8 people in his house and 7 gallons of gas for the generator, he and his were OK.

All League
    Hello all. Glad to see many are ok, and hoping the best for everyone else.

I am in the hills section of Wayne and still have no power. I heard that Wayne had over a hundred trees fall, and many power lines go down as well. We have hot water and gas to cook as we need. Some parts of the town have power, so there's hope that we'll be next soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Add this to the list:

The new show "Made in Jersey" about a Jersey girl who becomes a lawyer in a Manhattan law firm. Saw one preview where she solves a case because of someone's finger nail polish. WLF.
    One good thing about the storm: no more dopey NJ reality shows about fat ugly italian girls wearing junk makes their skin orange.

All League