Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Must...

...rescue...

her!

That's a refugee I'd be happy to take in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    That's a refugee I'd be happy to take in.

Hubba Hubba

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Bartlett's?
    No, not Bartlett's and really don't want to say who because I was told in confidence but another company said the same thing happened with them last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody wachin this telethon?

Was cool until Jimmy Fallon started singing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Anybody wachin this telethon?

Was cool until Jimmy Fallon started singing.
    maybe, but this is genius

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBRYsAfchkY

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone, just got power back about an hour or two ago...

First of all Quantam, and others with major losses, I'm so sorry for you guys, but thankful you are all still alive.

We got lucky, lost a few more trees, one is sitting on my son's car in the driveway (treeguy promised he'd be here last tuesday I wonder where he is? lol). Out east we were incredibly lucky, Dune Road got battered and the inlet looks frighteningly bigger than it was last weekend, but it slowed the waves enough to keep the surge from wiping out our place I guess, that and the canal giveing the surge an outlet. We had water in the basement and we head out there Wednesday to start the bucket brigade, when we arrived I see my front door open and wonder wth is going on, it turns out someone who had done work for us, and still had our key hooked his generator up to our sump pump, and the water was gone. A big thank you and Christmas present coming his way. Big damage to the grounds but totally repairable.

Wife and I spent the week burning firewood, drinking (Jack in my case Chardonney in hers) and eating Skittles that were around from cancelled Halloween.

I'm incredibly thankful for our relative good fortune, and the fact that we may have been inconvenienced but are safe, sound, and whole.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

First of all Quantam, and others with major losses, I'm so sorry for you guys, but thankful you are all still alive.

We got lucky, lost a few more trees, one is sitting on my son's car in the driveway (treeguy promised he'd be here last tuesday I wonder where he is? lol). Out east we were incredibly lucky, Dune Road got battered and the inlet looks frighteningly bigger than it was last weekend, but it slowed the waves enough to keep the surge from wiping out our place I guess, that and the canal giveing the surge an outlet. We had water in the basement and we head out there Wednesday to start the bucket brigade, when we arrived I see my front door open and wonder wth is going on, it turns out someone who had done work for us, and still had our key hooked his generator up to our sump pump, and the water was gone. A big thank you and Christmas present coming his way. Big damage to the grounds but totally repairable.

Wife and I spent the week burning firewood, drinking (Jack in my case Chardonney in hers) and eating Skittles that were around from cancelled Halloween.

I'm incredibly thankful for our relative good fortune, and the fact that we may have been inconvenienced but are safe, sound, and whole.
    glad to hear you are OK, bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Listen I know you are in the war zone; glad you are safe there on SI.

It looks like Unions are breaking balls; how horrific is that?
    Unions exerting influence isn't surprising, it's what they do. If they are doing it for less than altruistic purposes at this time, then they should be taken to task as well.

I've never been prouder to be a Staten Islander. Our politicians, principally the borough president (a post City Hall sought to eliminate), have forced the mayor's hand as well as all the agencies that were not finding the "lost borough" as one that needed their help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Unions exerting influence isn't surprising, it's what they do. If they are doing it for less than altruistic purposes at this time, then they should be taken to task as well.

I've never been prouder to be a Staten Islander. Our politicians, principally the borough president (a post City Hall sought to eliminate), have forced the mayor's hand as well as all the agencies that were not finding the "lost borough" as one that needed their help.
    SI message is def. getting out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to hear you are OK, bro.
    thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    SI message is def. getting out.
    Thankfully. It's weird, because the people affecting change are both demonstrably angry and humble at the same time. It's a remarkable thing to see someone up there saying EXACTLY what needs to be said and having it actually result in something that works.

thanks
    Glad to hear you're ok, JW. Also, Quantum I'm sorry you guys took such a hit. I hope you guys are quickly back on your feet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Back jetswin...you were missed by 100% of your JI flock

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Welcome Back jetswin...you were missed by 100% of your JI flock
    You would like to be a sheep, eh?

Welcome back, dubs. Glad to hear you made out ok.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're okay.

I'm now at 96 Hours and 43 Minutes without power. All together fortunate that I've got a gas fireplace and gas stove and stocked up on soups and breads and gasoline before Monday struck.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY CRAP MY POWER JUST CAME ONE!!!!!!!!

THANK TEBOW.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm now at 96 Hours and 43 Minutes without power. All together fortunate that I've got a gas fireplace and gas stove and stocked up on soups and breads and gasoline before Monday struck.

SAR I
    True that. There are billions of people of people in the world who live every day without power, without a gas fireplace and gas stove and without a stockpile of soups and breads and gasoline. When the meteor hits, they'll be the ones who survive. In theory, anyway. Except we'll have better guns.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nebraska is ok - power on, water ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    HOLY CRAP MY POWER JUST CAME ONE!!!!!!!!

THANK TEBOW.
    Good to hear........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been checking in on the thread every hour or so and it's been good seeing most of our known faces showing back up lately...

I know a couple are still missing but I hope they're just busy with life at the moment and that they're safe, along with their loved ones...

This storm was a massive clusterfvck... Most of my family is in southern CT and CL&P being notoriously horrible as it is still doesn't have power to most of them... Inconveniences such as theirs pale in comparison to Q's/Stokes/etc... Jesus guys, so sorry for what you're dealing with

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Glad you're okay.

SAR I
    Sorry to hear that SAR. I assume you have a gas water heater since you have a gas stove and fireplace.

Hang in there.