Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL HURRICANE SANDY THREAD!!! (Merged)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no power here and the only LIPA truck was just passing thru.

Spoke to a tree service that I know and was told that his crews that were contracted to work for National Grid sat around the first two nights and never started a chainsaw.

A clusterf*ck reminiscent of Hurricane Irene when they did the same thing.

Again, we have been fortunate because for us, the loss of power has been an inconvenience. But for many, its been a catastrophe and to have crews sitting around with their thumbs up their arses is absurd.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Waited out the storm. Lost power for three days—back on now, 80 foot oak took out my dining room, couple of holes in the roof. Totally lucked out—10 feet over and it would have destroyed my house. GF and I are toughing it out (naked) with the dog, my sopne stayed at a neighbor who inexplicably had power. Been drinking and cooking (my gas stove top works as does my grill), made Weeds with Sausage (was going to give you dicks this recipe months ago, but neglected to do so—even PK and Betsy could make this and it’s outstanding). All in all, I can’t complain. Nothing like Quantum—oof dude, hope you make it through this.

_

LOL @ the Pope John Paul II candle
    Glad to see you guys are ok, please feel free to omit the nekkid pics of yourself.

And SAR, everyone safety is much more important than anything remotely related to anyones thoughts or opinions regarding our chucklehead football team.

What we're going through...(you know, the ones that have lived here in the tri-state our whole lives)..with Sandy is far more important.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Waited out the storm. Lost power for three days—back on now, 80 foot oak took out my dining room, couple of holes in the roof. Totally lucked out—10 feet over and it would have destroyed my house.

_
    Bearing wall? Only looks like a stud or two were wiped out, but shore it up and put in new studs ASAP before it snows. PM me if you need advice.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

And SAR, everyone safety is much more important than anything remotely related to anyones thoughts or opinions regarding our chucklehead football team.

What we're going through...(you know, the ones that have lived here in the tri-state our whole lives)..with Sandy is far more important.
    Twas just a joke.

Didn't see the shot of his wall punctured, that sucks. Te Beefaroni looks tempting though.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The power of mother nature never fails to everything into perspective.
    I wish all of you a speedy return back to normalcy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    The power of mother nature never fails to everything into perspective.
    I wish all of you a speedy return back to normalcy.
    ================================================

Thank you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Nice Pic above, but surely not taken during actual Storm was it?
    No, it was retrieved from the Hotties forum.... which I'm happy to say sustained NO damage during the storm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Just dropped off a friend in the village - holy ****....its like nothing you've ever seen. Below 30th st its pitch black. Eerily quiet. PD doing a yeomans effort of keeping traffic moving and generally keeping the peace.

Also cught a surreal scene of cars queued up about 10 blocks to get to the 10th Ave gas tation. There are separate lanes just for the station. The traffic there looked like cars were trying to get into the Lincoln Tunnel before July 4th.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Still no power here and the only LIPA truck was just passing thru.

Spoke to a tree service that I know and was told that his crews that were contracted to work for National Grid sat around the first two nights and never started a chainsaw.

A clusterf*ck reminiscent of Hurricane Irene when they did the same thing.

Again, we have been fortunate because for us, the loss of power has been an inconvenience. But for many, its been a catastrophe and to have crews sitting around with their thumbs up their arses is absurd.
    Bartlett's?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough. Hurricane victim veteran here, only intent to cheer you guys up.
    Last edited by 1greenNUT; 11-02-2012 at 06:01 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know some of you guys might be posting some of those things to lighten the mood around here, but I think it might be in kind of poor taste to be posting hurricane-sandy related jokes in this thread.

There's still a lot of people that we haven't heard from yet, and frankly this situation seems to get more dire by the hour.

If you want to post funny pics, they should probably go in the funny pic thread....just my opinion.

On top of all this madness - there is actually a chance for a nor'easter next week, with snow, to make things worse.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...rt_maj-story-1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NYC Marathon is being run? Please tell me that Bloomberg is joking.

KOCH would never do this. He would be...NO WAY! We here in NY take care of our own.

I just heard on the radio they are asking NYers...LIFELONG residents of the great city to leave hotels to make room for the runners. I wanna go postal im so pissed right now.

My Aunt is in her 60's, lives on the 37th floor of a high ris and has no power or electric and we should be concernded about some runner from Texas?

Am I wrong to be pissed? Where's Bprgo, 32 and countless others that I am sure have no power. What about the NYers in Brooklyn, SI, etc...

Sorry...needed to vent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ I really hope that's not true.

It's appalling that Bloomberg would do that. He must be thinking it's good to have something "normal" happen, as if everyone's lives are getting back to usual.

But that's crazy! And what the heck is he doing asking people to vacate hotels for? I sure hope NO ONE leaves their hotel for any runner from any state.

Even the Steelers are having a day trip to play the Giants. No hotel rooms so they're flying in Sunday morning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On top of all this madness - there is actually a chance for a nor'easter next week, with snow, to make things worse.

I read about this. Sure hope it doesn't happen. You guys don't need any more of this kind of weather.

But the reports I saw did say that it's 6 days out, so a lot could change. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes out to sea.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

Even the Steelers are having a day trip to play the Giants. No hotel rooms so they're flying in Sunday morning.
    That's right, and we're going to whip the Giants ass!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The NYC Marathon is being run? Please tell me that Bloomberg is joking.

KOCH would never do this. He would be...NO WAY! We here in NY take care of our own.

I just heard on the radio they are asking NYers...LIFELONG residents of the great city to leave hotels to make room for the runners. I wanna go postal im so pissed right now.

My Aunt is in her 60's, lives on the 37th floor of a high ris and has no power or electric and we should be concernded about some runner from Texas?

Am I wrong to be pissed? Where's Bprgo, 32 and countless others that I am sure have no power. What about the NYers in Brooklyn, SI, etc...

Sorry...needed to vent.
    I just started a thread on this before I saw your post. Unbelievable. Earlier in the week, before I really had a chance for the entirety and the gravity of the situation to fully sink in, I was ambivalent. Having had the few days to take it in, its a ****ing travesty. Truly shameful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know some of you guys might be posting some of those things to lighten the mood around here, but I think it might be in kind of poor taste to be posting hurricane-sandy related jokes in this thread.
    Everyone deals with stress and difficulty differently, but I agree folks should be a little respectful. Although that Phelps one did make me lol a little.

Have to hope the folks we've yet to hear from (Borgo? 32?) are simply busy with cleanup or are still powerless, and are safe and sound otherwise.

I heard that this morning on the forecast, and was like "Serious?". I cannot even imagine what it'd be like to have so much of the area just hit by Sandy then hit by any kind of snowstorm, much less a serious snowstorm with meaningful accumulation. Lets hope this one gets dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Am I wrong to be pissed?
    No. Pretty much everything about not postponing/cancelling the marathon is a collossal blunder of inhuman insenstivity, frankly. A total facepalm.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-02-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of a NY State Trooper cruiser and communicating from a dedicated terminal in the barracks (coffee is cold and awful). After telling the trooper that I was one of a few important cogs on a NY Jets fan site, he whisked me here so I could, once again, add my intellectual property toward the reconstruction effort.

Seriously, just back up. I'm one of the lucky ones; other than no electricity, my family and I came through the storm unscathed. I am just now sifting through the images of the destruction and cannot believe what is going on.

I'll go through the thread, but hope you all escaped without injury and/or property loss.