Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Thread: Is anyone nervous about the Miami game ?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Is anyone nervous about the Miami game ?

    We are coming of a real tough loss, Miami is coming off a bye. This game has upset written all over it.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's always going to be a tough game against Miami. For whatever reason, we always struggle against them. They are not the better team, by far. We should spank them into the ground if this team plays like it did against the Patriots.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would it really be an upset?

    They're the better team.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing in division is an upset IMO. All these teams are very close in talent and know each other very well. It all comes down to who does the job on gameday. This is obviously a HUGE game for both teams, so that adds even more to it. In the end, I think the Jets win, but I'd hardly be shocked if they lost.

  5. #5
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know about an upset but this game the Jets are going to struggle just like they did in week 3

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    many people feel that Miami is the better team.

    the Jets will struggle against most teams this year. every week is a battle.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are only 1 point favorite

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    We are coming of a real tough loss, Miami is coming off a bye. This game has upset written all over it.
    Why you playing?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will win this game. I just have a gut feeling that NOT ONLY will the Jets win this game, they will LOOK GOOD doing it. Which means no EMBARASSING PERFORMANCE like in Week 3(was it?) this time.


    Mark has Keller and Hill this time and Shonn Greene seems to have woken up a little so that helps, too.

  10. #10
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    We are coming of a real tough loss, Miami is coming off a bye. This game has upset written all over it.
    haha the Jets are favored by 1 point, that is not an upset. That means Vegas thinks Miami is the better team, the home team always gets 3 points.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, we're HORRIBLE coming off the bye, so this game is HUGE in keeping us from the potential of having a 3-game losing streak . . .

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't hear about "running the table" ?

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    We are coming of a real tough loss, Miami is coming off a bye. This game has upset written all over it.
    Game should make people nervous because of how important it is. To get in the bye at 4-4 and 3-1 in the division would be huge. The second half of the schedule gets pretty soft and that paired with the weak AFC, and the Jets actually have a legit shot at making playoffs with all their warts

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope not nervous at all. Jets win this something like 24-10.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    It's always going to be a tough game against Miami. For whatever reason, we always struggle against them. They are not the better team, by far. We should spank them into the ground if this team plays like it did against the Patriots.
    We always struggle against Miami the last few years because they have a real good D. Sanchez and the Jets don't play well against good defenses.

    Actually if a team has a good D we rarely win. We don't have the type of QB to carry this team against tough defenses.

    People always look at what Sanchez did in the playoffs. Well look who he's beat? Indy, Pats, Cincy? All avg to below avg defenses.

    Pitt always spanks us, Baltimore owns us, SF spanked us, Houston? same chit.

    This Miami game will be close or a loss because Sanchez chits the bed against good defenses 95% of the time.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We always struggle against Miami the last few years because they have a real good D. Sanchez and the Jets don't play well against good defenses.

    Actually if a team has a good D we rarely win. We don't have the type of QB to carry this team against tough defenses.

    People always look at what Sanchez did in the playoffs. Well look who he's beat? Indy, Pats, Cincy? All avg to below avg defenses.

    Pitt always spanks us, Baltimore owns us, SF spanked us, Houston? same chit.

    This Miami game will be close or a loss because Sanchez chits the bed against good defenses 95% of the time.
    Houston didn't own us, lol. They beat by like 6 for the first time. Hardly a beatdown.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    I dont know about an upset but this game the Jets are going to struggle just like they did in week 3
    Week 3?????? How about weeks 2 through 7.

    EVERY game is a struggle...we will be lucky to be 8 and 8 if coaching doesn't improve as players improve.

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Houston didn't own us, lol. They beat by like 6 for the first time. Hardly a beatdown.
    They owned Sanchez!

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we're the exact same team as we were in week 3 and haven't been playing better at all. Mmhmm.

    We were playing like dick then and STILL beat them. Forgive me if I'm not shaking at the thought of some fish.

  20. #20
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    We are coming of a real tough loss, Miami is coming off a bye. This game has upset written all over it.
    Nope, not nervous a bit. I'm starting to get numb to all of this.

    When you started out on the high of winning SB3 and went down from there, with little teasers every so often, only to be put down again, it seems like earlier and earlier you start dreaming about next year.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us