Thread: Where has McKnight Been this Season?

Veteran

Where has McKnight Been this Season?

Can some one explain why McKnight hasn't played out of the backfield up until Powell got hurt? This guy is EXPLOSIVE; exactly what we HAVEN'T had all year!

I hope his injury is not serious because he can be a huge factor in the second half of the season....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Can some one explain why McKnight hasn't played out of the backfield up until Powell got hurt? This guy is EXPLOSIVE; exactly what we HAVEN'T had all year!

I hope his injury is not serious because he can be a huge factor in the second half of the season....
    It's a very good question. McKnight would be a great option to run screens with - but I think part of the reason that they don't is because the Jets personnel isn't well-suited to screens - espc. with Sanchez who looks uncomfortable throwing them.

The other option for him would be sweep runs - but that's a play the Jets have been terrible at since I was a kid.

So - sum total - I'm not sure the Jets have a bread-and-butter play(s) that really take advantage of what McKnight can do. If something doesn't work well in practice, it's not going to get used in the game. And I can imagine the Jets are looking for ways to get him involved - but it's not always so simple.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    It's a very good question. McKnight would be a great option to run screens with - but I think part of the reason that they don't is because the Jets personnel isn't well-suited to screens - espc. with Sanchez who looks uncomfortable throwing them.

The other option for him would be sweep runs - but that's a play the Jets have been terrible at since I was a kid.

So - sum total - I'm not sure the Jets have a bread-and-butter play(s) that really take advantage of what McKnight can do. If something doesn't work well in practice, it's not going to get used in the game. And I can imagine the Jets are looking for ways to get him involved - but it's not always so simple.
    We ran screens with Powell; we also passed to Greene out of the backfield. It seems to me that Mcknight would be a better option for both plays. Also we ran the wild cat with Tebow and Mcknight and got good positive yardage. I don't understand why don't do that more often. In fact, I would love to see it with both Mcknight and Hilliard in the backfield.

Also, why not line him up as a wide out in space? Imagine, McKnight, Kerley, Hill and Keller. That would definitely create some mismatches in coverage...

mcknight certainly does seem like he does need more touches. it seems like he makes a play each time he gets a touch whether it's a punt or kick off return or even as a back. there's probably some other reason why he's used so sparingly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post

well his haters on this board are opposed to him because he threw up when he first reported to the Jets after the draft. They

After his gutsy and productive performance this past week the guy deserves more touches on o.

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight should get 10 touches a game on offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He should've been the starting RB from week 1. Better speed and moves than Greene or Powell.