Thread: Jets Tweets 10-23

Jets Tweets 10-23

@ConorTOrr: Confirmed that the #jets are working out a pair of tight ends today: Joey Haynos (former Dolphin!) and Colin Cochart. #nyj

@ConorTOrr: The #jets won't be signing either of the tight ends they worked out today, per source. Heard both workouts went well, though. #nyj

@ConorTOrr: The #Jets #Patriots film review is up and ready at http://t.co/X5AkcJHQ #nyj | http://t.co/cNOGvgVN

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: The #Jets #Patriots film review is up and ready at http://t.co/X5AkcJHQ #nyj | http://t.co/cNOGvgVN
    Just saw it again on NFL replay....we should have won.

Noticed the strong emotion by REX on the fumble. He literally screamed in joy OH MY GOD..... Can't help but think that emotion is what causes his poor decision making.

He literally looked like a girl screaming in delight.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-23-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Noticed the strong emotion by REX on the fumble. He literally screamed in joy OH MY GOD..... Can't help but think that emotion is what causes his poor decision making.

Totally agree. That is where he should have locked it down and went for the jugular. You get a play like that, in that situation and don't score a touchdown, you really don't deserve to win.

You know, I can buy this criticism. Sometimes Rex does let the moment get the best of him, and being an emotional coach, he needs to maintain a certain discipline at the game's most crucial moment. I still don't really disagree with the play calling other than I think the Jets should have thrown the ball on first down, and used Tebow on 2nd down.

Re-watching the game only affirms how pathetic the officiating at the end of that game really was, the clock operator holding on to the 2:01 mark before the ref signalled the play dead, and the absolute brutal pass INF call on Wilson with the ref 5 feet away from them, and no call.

Veteran

Yeah I'm sure every other coach in the league would have made pretend that fumble didn't happen just so they were ready for the next play. And jeez every poor decision maker gets to the AFC Championship game at least twice, Rex is no different (sarcasm). I really wish we had head coach who had .500 or worse records in 5 of his 11 years as a head coach (Gruden). You effing guys never cease to amaze me. Now you're criticizing him b/c one of the biggest plays of the year (at the time) happened and he got too happy? Really? Some people need to get some pent up sexual frustration out and stop taking it out on the best coach, statistically, we've had in over 25 years.

^^ Also the more I see the final play I dont know how they didn't call roughing the passer when Ninkovich went helmet to helmet on Sanchez. I feel it would have been called if it was Brady

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You know, I can buy this criticism. Sometimes Rex does let the moment get the best of him, and being an emotional coach, he needs to maintain a certain discipline at the game's most crucial moment. I still don't really disagree with the play calling other than I think the Jets should have thrown the ball on first down, and used Tebow on 2nd down.

Re-watching the game only affirms how pathetic the officiating at the end of that game really was, the clock operator holding on to the 2:01 mark before the ref signalled the play dead, and the absolute brutal pass INF call on Wilson with the ref 5 feet away from them, and no call.
    I like Rex, I Like his NO FAILURE attitude. He has to make better decisions or he will simply be another NFL coach with a so so record. From drafting Connor to his asinine statements..... He needs to change. GREAT coaches don't behave like REX. He can get us there.... BB wasn't succesful in Cleveland, he learned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Yeah I'm sure every other coach in the league would have made pretend that fumble didn't happen just so they were ready for the next play. And jeez every poor decision maker gets to the AFC Championship game at least twice, Rex is no different (sarcasm). I really wish we had head coach who had .500 or worse records in 5 of his 11 years as a head coach (Gruden). You effing guys never cease to amaze me. Now you're criticizing him b/c one of the biggest plays of the year (at the time) happened and he got too happy? Really? Some people need to get some pent up sexual frustration out and stop taking it out on the best coach, statistically, we've had in over 25 years.
    Read my below post..... I am a fan of REX. He, IMO, will never win BIG until his decision making becomes less emotional. Please stop with the AFC references...the Seahawks and Cardinals got to the SB. NO ONE thinks they are great.

I happen to be tired of mediocrity. The country views the JETS as dis functional and basically average.

@ProFootballWkly: Per @ByTimGraham, #Bills DE Mario Williams is contemplating wrist surgery.

Hall Of Fame
    @ProFootballWkly: Per @ByTimGraham, #Bills DE Mario Williams is contemplating wrist surgery.
    FA bust.

Between that contract and the Fitz contract Buffalo should be set back pretty good.

Looking for a way out of the season just like holMEo.

Speaking of, is there anyway we could trade holMEo for a decent LB? Maybe by paying his salary next year which we would have to do anyway next year while playing or not he would provide negative value.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Looking for a way out of the season just like holMEo.

Speaking of, is there anyway we could trade holMEo for a decent LB? Maybe by paying his salary next year which we would have to do anyway next year while playing or not he would provide negative value.

enough with the trading santonio talks. he's the best WR on this team when healthy. plus, our genius GM Tannebaum didn't make his contract remotely tradable, so no team is going to give us a good young player for tone. he'll be back making plays for whatever QB we have next season.

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    ^^ Also the more I see the final play I dont know how they didn't call roughing the passer when Ninkovich went helmet to helmet on Sanchez. I feel it would have been called if it was Brady
    No doubt its called if thats brady in a qb