Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Todd Adkin meet Richard Mourdock

  1. #1

    Todd Adkin meet Richard Mourdock

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I90ACVoWrg

    The Romney campaign moved swiftly to disavow the remarks.

    "Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock's comments, and they do not reflect his views," the Republican presidential contender's camp said in a statement.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-24-2012 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," .... B. Obumbles Downgrade

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,222
    The Today Show has been playing this all morning. Shocking.

    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

    Women care about the economy and debt. Someone needs to tell the libs that.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    This War on Women is tiring me out. When does the War on Christmas start up again?

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,712
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post

    The Romney campaign moved swiftly to disavow the remarks.
    Then this should only matter to the people voting in his district.

  6. #6
    /facepalm

    Thankfully the times continue to change, and outdated foolish opinions will die off as the generation of ignorants who belive them die off.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,998
    This is a good example of why it's very difficult to vote for today's Republican Party: socially backward, religiously extremist, and fiscally conservative in rhetoric only.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    This is a good example of why it's very difficult to vote for today's Republican Party: socially backward, religiously extremist, and fiscally conservative in rhetoric only.
    Yeah I just dont get how you can be "fiscally conservative" but at the same time be against abortion.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Yeah I just dont get how you can be "fiscally conservative" but at the same time be against abortion.
    I don't understand this, was that the point?

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Yeah I just dont get how you can be "fiscally conservative" but at the same time be against abortion.
    Really?

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I don't understand this, was that the point?
    No

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    /facepalm

    Thankfully the times continue to change, and outdated foolish opinions will die off as the generation of ignorants who belive them die off.
    I think the OP is only in his early 20's

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I don't understand this, was that the point?
    It just seems republicans/conservatives are generally against public assistance, welfare programs etc.

    Based on that, they should be all for abortions, since kids being born to young single mothers is a huge factor in poverty etc.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It just seems republicans/conservatives are generally against public assistance, welfare programs etc.

    Based on that, they should be all for abortions, since kids being born to young single mothers is a huge factor in poverty etc.
    Yeah but you're ignoring the fact that killing unborn babies is slightly more distasteful to some than dependence on public assistance.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It just seems republicans/conservatives are generally against public assistance, welfare programs etc.

    Based on that, they should be all for abortions, since kids being born to young single mothers is a huge factor in poverty etc.
    maybe if people figure out how not to have unplanned pregnancies we wouldn't need either.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It just seems republicans/conservatives are generally against public assistance, welfare programs etc.

    Based on that, they should be all for abortions, since kids being born to young single mothers is a huge factor in poverty etc.
    Pretty ignorant, if serious.

    As a fiscal conservative pro lifer, I assure you that never enters my mind.

    Being pro life means you value life, at all stages. It is about protecting rights, as is fiscal conservatism.

    Your conclusion is disturbing. Do you really believe fiscal conservatives would rather kill off welfare recipients than give them money?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    maybe if people figure out how not to have unplanned pregnancies we wouldn't need either.
    Yeah, like that will ever happen.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Pretty ignorant, if serious.

    As a fiscal conservative pro lifer, I assure you that never enters my mind.

    Being pro life means you value life, at all stages. It is about protecting rights, as is fiscal conservatism.

    Your conclusion is disturbing. Do you really believe fiscal conservatives would rather kill off welfare recipients than give them money?

    Of course not, but I dont consider a 3 month fetus a life...

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    As a fiscal conservative pro lifer, I assure you that never enters my mind.

    Being pro life means you value life, at all stages.
    Just curious, are you against the death penalty?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Yeah, like that will ever happen.
    knowledge is power

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us