Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Islanders to Brooklyn in 2015

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Only holds 14,500 for hockey
    It's not that low from the Coliseum's 16,250. I have no clue about the site lines for hockey there but if the high seats have good views I will be curious about the seat pricing..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Well it's official. Starting in 2015 the NY Islanders will play in Brooklyn. No name change and logo will remain the same! Bettman said they were looking into adding another 500 seats to the already 14,500...
    Doesn't the logo have an outline of Long Island on it?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Doesn't the logo have an outline of Long Island on it?
    Yes it does which includes Brooklyn LOL..

All League

do it doesn't. brooklyn and queens is cut off.

All League
    Fixed...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    do it doesn't. brooklyn and queens is cut off.

I dunno whats that little gap in the logo? I always thought it was just compressed in the logo..

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    There's the rub. It's not that people were staying away because the coliseum is a dump, it's because the on ice product sucks, and has for a decade. Wins puts people in the seats. Woody Johnson needs to learn this also.
    This is true - but as someone who lived in Nassau the first 23 years of my life, and all of them right by there, if youre not close to the coliseum, its also a pain in the ass to get to. Having train, subway, etc. access is definately more convenient.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Only holds 14,500 for hockey
    Oh that's sweet!

Waterboy
    I dunno whats that little gap in the logo? I always thought it was just compressed in the logo..
    Are you talking about the top of the I? The blue part of it is pointing to where the Coliseum is located.

capacity will be increased to 15,000

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by islesmb View Post
    Are you talking about the top of the I? The blue part of it is pointing to where the Coliseum is located.
    Yes, go figure all these years I thought it was the whole island. They probably should add the rest of it and put the "I" for the new arena. I wouldn't be surprised they do it as it barely changes the logo.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Fixed...

I like it. Having it stick outside the circle is a cool touch..

awkward configuration. the yellow shaded seating areas are lost for hockey.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tml?ref=hockey

Published: October 24, 2012

A Home Not Built for Two
    On Wednesday, the Islanders announced their move to the Barclays Center for the 2015-16 season. The Barclays Center, with about 18,000 seats for the Nets, is not ideally suited for the Islanders. The seats lost when configured for hockey — a rink is bigger than a basketball court — makes the arena far smaller (about 14,500 seats) than most other N.H.L. arenas. There are plans to add more seats for the hockey configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    There's the rub. It's not that people were staying away because the coliseum is a dump, it's because the on ice product sucks, and has for a decade. Wins puts people in the seats. Woody Johnson needs to learn this also.
    It's also impossibly incovienent to get to from nyc. the new arena is really easy to get to from li and nyc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Did the voters who shot down the idea of subsidizing the a new arena in Nassau consider the fact that their taxes will probably rise now that the county is not getting tax revenue from the club?

Regardless, good move for the Islanders. I suspect many of their fans work in Manhattan and this will make it much easier for them to catch the start of home games during the week.

All Pro

Where Did You Come From, Where Did You Go?

the return of the Brooklyn Americans - the curse of Red Dutton is now lifted

whats ridiculous is that LII wont be able to play in and enjoy a brand new arena for years - Cheap Charlie should have negotiated an exit fee and vamoosed

meanwhile fans will still suffer as the old dump decays...awaiting its future incarnation as soccer fields

will the tshirt slingshots be sponsored by Junior's vs Bagel Boss, that's what inquring minds wish to know

they're sharing a stadium! no identity!

so much for the pipedream, I mean lighthouse

i was a sub-STH in the Spano era - it was the easiest arena to get in and out of after the dynasty collapsed - even from the northern suburbs

although...if they won in '93 as they nearly did things might have been different

All Pro
    The train ride from Huntington station to the new arena is about 45 minutes to an hour, with a change at Jamaica. It was a Net pre-season game, just hope they'll b running more trains during the regular season.

Can't Blame Wong, he did all he could. Not a bad move all things considered.imo
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 10-25-2012 at 10:21 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

although...if they won in '93 as they nearly did things might have been different
    Totally agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Great move.... Nassau Colisseum is a dump - great acoustics and got loud when people showed up - but a dump. Hopefully more mass transit options and a better product on ice turns things around.
    Nassau Coliseum is the worst venue in North American pro sports. Old, ugly, impossible to get to without a car and not to mention the city of Uniondale is cesspool and that section of Hempstead turnpike it flanks has nothing to do.

BTW it's official that the name, logo and uniforms are all staying the same.