Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Islanders to Brooklyn in 2015

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Nassau Coliseum is the worst venue in North American pro sports. Old, ugly, impossible to get to without a car and not to mention the city of Uniondale is cesspool and that section of Hempstead turnpike it flanks has nothing to do.
    Since the Jets left....

Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Since the Jets left....
    I would have loved to continue to see the jets practice at Hofstra. Too bad they moved to Jersey. I thought the whole Hofstra thing was a nice tradition and way to keep touch with the LI fanbase.

Oh well, at least Woody gave us Tebow.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I would have loved to continue to see the jets practice at Hofstra. Too bad they moved to Jersey. I thought the whole Hofstra thing was a nice tradition and way to keep touch with the LI fanbase.

Oh well, at least Woody gave us Tebow.
    I used to take 2 weeks vacation every summer and take my 3 sons to Hofstra everyday...

The nights when the Rangers and Isles in Brooklyn each have home games, and the the isles fans coming home from their game transfer at jamaica for eastbound trains that originated at penn...well that could be interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    The nights when the Rangers and Isles in Brooklyn each have home games, and the the isles fans coming home from their game transfer at jamaica for eastbound trains that originated at penn...well that could be interesting.
    Won't be much of a problem IMO. 1) Ranger fans are gentlemen and 2) there are so few Icelander fans...not really enough to matter

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Won't be much of a problem IMO. 1) Ranger fans are gentlemen and 2) there are so few Icelander fans...not really enough to matter

Rangers fans are gentlemen? OMFG they are maybe the most obnoxious fans in sports they act like they're this marquis legendary franchise but have 1 cup in 90 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not even close to true.

Gentlemen all. The finest, most loyal, most passionate, knowledgeable and intelligent fans in ALL OF SPORTS.

To even attempt to compare them with the three or four thousand potato farmers that represent 100 percent of the Icelander "fan base" is just not possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's only roughly 4000 less seats....

But it's the Icelanders so those and most of the other seats will only be filled when the New York Rangers are the "visiting" team playing in front of 12000 of their fans.

Nice though for the NHL to move those additional home games to a more convenient location closer to the "world's most famous arena", Juniors cheesecake, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music

All League
    Not even close to true.

Gentlemen all. The finest, most loyal, most passionate, knowledgeable and intelligent fans in ALL OF SPORTS.

To even attempt to compare them with the three or four thousand potato farmers that represent 100 percent of the Icelander "fan base" is just not possible.

Yeah, real gentleman.. some of us remeber how they shook Lafontains ambulance as it left the garden...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Doesn't the logo have an outline of Long Island on it?

ERR! Brooklyn is on Long Island! Long Island has FOUR counties! Kings ( Brooklyn), Queens, Nassau and Suffolk!

Jets Insider VIP
    Not even close to true.

Sometimes its best to put you on ignore rather then read the garbage you post!

Jets Insider VIP
    You're from frigging Kentucky hayseed. You prefer chicken racing to Hockey. The Icelanders probably do too

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hockey is good for everyone, everywhere, anyhow, regardless of team affiliation.