Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ingram

All League

Mark Ingram

He was pretty good in college, but hasn't really gotten much of an opportunity considering Drew Brees is airing it out everywhere........

I think he could be pretty good target in the off-season to upgrade RB, which if we're glued to Tebow and/or Sanchez should be the highest position of need.

All League
    He is not good

Hall Of Fame
    Joe McKnight is THAT guy. He will either be that for us or another team if our coaching staff/FO don't wake up.

My only knock on McKnight is how he carries the ball. Even between the tackles, he lets it get away from his body. That will come back to bite him/us soon. We need a real RBs coach. It is fixable. If Tiki can do it, McKnight can do it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Joe McKnight is THAT guy. He will either be that for us or another team.

My only knock on McKnight is how he carries the ball. Even between the tackles, he lets it get away from his body. That will come back to bite him/us soon. We need a real RBs coach. It is fixable. If Tiki can do it, McKnight can do it.
    I honestly thought mcknight was very close to breaking a couple runs against the pats. Seems like he got tackled at the last second once he reached the 2nd level.

We need to beat miami with a similar gameplan that we used vs NE as they are stout vs the run, but not great vs the pass.

After the bye, with a healthy mcknight, powell and mangold, I really hope we can get the running game going and break a few long runs

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I honestly thought mcknight was very close to breaking a couple runs against the pats. Seems like he got tackled at the last second once he reached the 2nd level.

We need to beat miami with a similar gameplan that we used vs NE as they are stout vs the run, but not great vs the pass.

After the bye, with a healthy mcknight, powell and mangold, I really hope we can get the running game going and break a few long runs
    I thought the same thing. I think if he was 100% healthy he might have broke those. Given the Jet's RB situation, McKnight definitely deserves a better look. Hope he can get healthy soon so they can evaluate him.

All League
    Mark Ingram is a poor man's Shonn Greene.

Hall Of Fame
    Shonn Greene this year and next

Backups

MCKnight Powell Hilliard

Not an area of need.

Certainly not by pivking up the Saint's garbage

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    I'd be willing to take a shot at the right price. He's talented, young, has low mileage, and he's stuck in a passing offense where he's splitting time with Sproles and Pierre Thomas.

I think he could do well in a bigger role.

Ingram is pretty good, he's just not a good 3rd down guy. Doesn't understand blocking and isn't good at it.

Something New Orleans really doesn't want.

And something I think that is very noticeable lately with running backs, is that the really young ones don't seem to become their best until they hit the age of 24. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but I really think that. Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, and CJ Spiller I think are all good examples of that. The running backs who come into the league at 21 or 22 generally struggle early on but improve significantly when they get their man strength around 24.

INgram is someone I would especially try to get if he became available.

All League
    I don't want to start a new thread, but I think Carolina's new GM is going to have to move either Tolbert, Williams, or Stewart.

Any opinions on one of those three? I like Williams alot, I think he's the best of those three. I think he would mesh well as a change of pace guy. But he definitely isn't appealing with his current contract at all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread, but I think Carolina's new GM is going to have to move either Tolbert, Williams, or Stewart.

Any opinions on one of those three? I like Williams alot, I think he's the best of those three. I think he would mesh well as a change of pace guy. But he definitely isn't appealing with his current contract at all.
    For santonio holmes....numbers on those deals are probably relatively close and dumping holmes attitude from our locker room would be addition by subtraction. Getting a RB, even someone iffy for him, is worth it (as long as the contract we take on isnt much longer then holmes)

All League
    For santonio holmes....numbers on those deals are probably relatively close and dumping holmes attitude from our locker room would be addition by subtraction. Getting a RB, even someone iffy for him, is worth it (as long as the contract we take on isnt much longer then holmes)
    I take it you prefer Williams, too?

Veteran

Stewart just got a new long term deal, so you can rule him out. Doubt Tolbert gets traded. DeAngelo's contract is set up so that he could be cut after next season, since he hasn't lived up to his big contract.

I wouldn't want DeAngelo anyway. He's done.

All Pro
    I think the RB's are fine. I'd rather upgrade the TE and OL positions.

Hall Of Fame
    DWills contract was 5 years 43 million with 21 million guaranteed. He got a 16 million dollar signing bonus...LOL. He is 29 years old right now and scheduled to make almost 6 million next year I believe.

Ingram is no improvement over Greene. Let's draft a REAL RB or get him via FA.

All Pro
    I take it you prefer Williams, too?
    Not really based on talent, but if it sheds us of holmes, then id be happy to take on the remainder of his deal, let green walk, and go into 2013 with deangelo, powell and mcknight.

Deangelo got $21 guaranteed including a $16 million signing bonus over 5 years, so im sure some of that bonus would get accelerated.

All League
    Not really based on talent, but if it sheds us of holmes, then id be happy to take on the remainder of his deal, let green walk, and go into 2013 with deangelo, powell and mcknight.

Deangelo got $21 guaranteed including a $16 million signing bonus over 5 years, so im sure some of that bonus would get accelerated.
    I watch a lot of Panthers games, and D'Angelo has been pretty awful this year. But Carolina is going to be in desperate need of a WR, and if the money is equitable and they'd get Holmes out of here I completely agree with this.

Williams will be 30 by the start of next season, but thanks to the 2-back set in Carolina he's got relatively low mileage and only two seasons with more than 200 carries. He's also only one year removed from a season where he averaged well over 5 YPC.

Hall Of Fame

I am sure the Panthers would be open to trading Williams, but bringing back a bigger salary is probably not what they want to do. I think the new GM in Carolina wants to get more cap friendly and not trade one bad contract for another. I think DWill can be cut after next season with little cap implication.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am sure the Panthers would be open to trading Williams, but bringing back a bigger salary is probably not what they want to do. I think the new GM in Carolina wants to get more cap friendly and not trade one bad contract for another. I think DWill can be cut after next season with little cap implication.
    Even better - he can be a cheaper replacement for Greene, since there's no way Williams gets big money at 30 with the year he's having.

While I'd love to get rid of Holmes, if Sanchez is going to be here next year, then it won't hurt to return his top 4 receivers from the previous season.