Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez & Dustin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chemistry...

It's just something you build over time with a receiver. Continuity is always a good thing. He has it with Keller and even though I don't even like Keller much as a player, he should probably be brought back.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

again.........

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    In the 3 games Dustin Keller has been on the field this year, here are Mark Sanchezís passing numbers:

58-86, 67.4%, 676 yards, 6 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

(from Turn On The Jets)
    keller is an excellent te, he would be a pro bowler on any other team with a great qb. he is the best mismatch we have at recvr. again, run the offense trough him and let everything else go from there. the running game, the other wide recvrs. and most of all the slot recvr would go wild. again, holmes was killing this team, because sanchez couldnt stand up to him, he is weak. now look at how the rest of the offense is improving. again i rest my case............

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Have you not watched how much we throw the ball down the field now?? lol clueless people.
    Yes I have noticed some bad deep throws from Sanchez. Thanks for reminding me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Checkdown Mark loves his Dustin
    7.9 yds/attempt
    11.7 yds/completion

Checkdown? Nah, dawg. He's completing wayyy more passes down the field this year unlike in 2011 and more like he was doing in 2009/2010. And this is without even an average running game.

At the same token, while having Keller on the field is great as he has the best chemistry with Sanchez, I'm not sure how much I buy into the OP's stats from Turn on the Jets. I think it is more of a function of Sanchez playing well against three sub-par defenses (Buffalo, Indy, NE).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a team game, brutha
    Agreed, that is why the the one thing Sanchopoligists hang their hats on is that fact that 'Mark took us to two AFC title games and won 4 playoff games!'

They use one set of logic to extol what they figure are good accomplishments when trying to point out his successes and use the reverse logic to excuse his failures.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Building on the last post, this week's bout with Miami is a good litmus test for those stats with Keller in the lineup. If Sanchez puts together an ok to good game, then maybe there's more merit to those stats than I currently believe.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to fare too well this weekend. I don't think he'll lay a bomb, but I think it'll be similar to how he played against Pittsburgh. And this is coming from a guy who wants Sanchez to succeed but objectively looks at things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Dustin is the only receiver who has been here the entire time Sanchez has been here. There should not be any surprise that Mark is more comfortable when Dustin is on the field. If Hill, Kerley and Keller can all stay healthy for the rest of the year, I think Mark can develop some trust with these guys and we will see improved play from the offense.
    Exactamundo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Chemistry...

It's just something you build over time with a receiver. Continuity is always a good thing. He has it with Keller and even though I don't even like Keller much as a player, he should probably be brought back.
    Keller also needs to toughen up in close proximity to defenders. He could learn a lot from Gates on aggressively attacking the ball in the air

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Dustin is the only receiver who has been here the entire time Sanchez has been here. There should not be any surprise that Mark is more comfortable when Dustin is on the field. If Hill, Kerley and Keller can all stay healthy for the rest of the year, I think Mark can develop some trust with these guys and we will see improved play from the offense.
    This is about the only positive in response to Mark's contract situation. The tenure with the young guys is all but guaranteed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the 3 games Dustin Keller has been on the field this year, here are Mark Sanchezís passing numbers:

58-86, 67.4%, 676 yards, 6 touchdowns, 2 interceptions

(from Turn On The Jets)
    Time to update these numbers with the latest game figures:
    28-54, 51.9%, 283 yards, 1 touchdowns, 1 interceptions