Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time we start appreciating our CBs

Don't forget we still have Aaron Berry waiting in the wings, learning the playbook. He would've been Detroit's #1 corner this year if it wasn't for his off-field issues.

Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Berry will be the best stable of corners in the NFL. Any of them could start for most teams in the league.

Believe what you want....

Kyle Wilson isn't the CB we expected him to be.

He's more suited for the Nickel Package, IMO.

Hell...he'd make a better SAFETY than a Cover-Corner.

I can count on one hand how many passes he's broken up......

He's NOT all that and a bag of doritos.

You could put Eric Smith in his place and you'd get the same production(or lack thereof).

And someone even said that Kyle is as good as Aaron Glenn, too.....

Some Jets fans sure like to talk up their own players, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Don't forget we still have Aaron Berry waiting in the wings, learning the playbook. He would've been Detroit's #1 corner this year if it wasn't for his off-field issues.

Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Berry will be the best stable of corners in the NFL. Any of them could start for most teams in the league.
    Don't forget about Isaiah Trufant, he killed it last week against Welker. Definatly earned my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Believe what you want....

Kyle Wilson isn't the CB we expected him to be.

He's more suited for the Nickel Package, IMO.

Hell...he'd make a better SAFETY than a Cover-Corner.

I can count on one hand how many passes he's broken up......

He's NOT all that and a bag of doritos.

You could put Eric Smith in his place and you'd get the same production(or lack thereof).

And someone even said that Kyle is as good as Aaron Glenn, too.....

Some Jets fans sure like to talk up their own players, don't they?
    Lol I'm not saying he's all that and a bag of Doritos. I'm just saying he's not this horrible CB as this whole forum makes him out to be. He's a serviceable CB that's been helping this team win, and that's all you could really ask for. I would still put him in Cro as one of the top 5 CB tandems in the league.

People are dumb as hell. Sure Kyle isnt Elite or near Top 10 but to continually say that he sucks because he gets burned -----when you have Nnamndi Asomugha getting BURNED twice as badly several times in a single game.

Im pretty sure Nnamndi has more TDs given up than Kyle Wilson.
    Sure Kyle doesnt turn his head at times and he showboats after an overthrow bails him out, but you have understand the position and how hard it truly is.
    Like the article stated, there are 64 CBs in the NFL, only 64 humans on Earth get to play it in the NFL.
    In 2009, Revis should have won the DPOY award but lost it to Woodson who never gets called for holding and boy did he hold when he was at CB, the guy is a great athlete since his days at Michigan but he got away with more holding than anyone else. Champ Bailey, i cant say the same for him, i never saw Champ holding on every other play.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Lol I'm not saying he's all that and a bag of Doritos. I'm just saying he's not this horrible CB as this whole forum makes him out to be. He's a serviceable CB that's been helping this team win, and that's all you could really ask for. I would still put him in Cro as one of the top 5 CB tandems in the league.
    I think we all agree on most of Wilson's assessment, but "been helping this team win" is simple not true. He does not have a nose for the ball and does not contribute on special teams. He has helped us win games as much as he has cost us games... His contribution is negligible on both end of the spectrum.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    People are dumb as hell. Sure Kyle isnt Elite or near Top 10 but to continually say that he sucks because he gets burned -----when you have Nnamndi Asomugha getting BURNED twice as badly several times in a single game.

Im pretty sure Nnamndi has more TDs given up than Kyle Wilson.
    Sure Kyle doesnt turn his head at times and he showboats after an overthrow bails him out, but you have understand the position and how hard it truly is.
    Like the article stated, there are 64 CBs in the NFL, only 64 humans on Earth get to play it in the NFL.
    In 2009, Revis should have won the DPOY award but lost it to Woodson who never gets called for holding and boy did he hold when he was at CB, the guy is a great athlete since his days at Michigan but he got away with more holding than anyone else. Champ Bailey, i cant say the same for him, i never saw Champ holding on every other play.
    Can you imagine if Tanny had achieved what he wanted by signing Nmandi?? How much worse would he be getting killed right now? Imagine if Nmadi took the 5 year 60 million dollars, what a massive failure that would have been. Fate and luck saved Tanny from that huge blunder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets still have an excellent Defensive backfield

Cro, Wilson, Landry, Bell, no Smith, Trufant, Berry

all without Revis TOO