Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/24

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 1:10 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    "Literally" taking a page from Biden's playbook RT @KimJonesSports: Rex said Rob was "literally crying on the phone" over loss of Sean Lee


    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 1:15 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Looks like Joe McKnight isn't even put here. Neither is Bart Scott. #jets #nyj

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    lets use pink breast implants
    I prefer real boobs with extra pink nipples during BCAM.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 0:44 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Rex said to wait on judging Tebow, that "we'll see" about more coming down the pipe #Jets #nyj | http://t.co/Td9rjmGE

    This is what I just don't get. This team is about 4x more injured than it ever expected to be; down to a PS UDFA RB [Grimes] last week and we STILL don't see Tebow.

    I think we've actually run the Wildcat less than we did with Brad Smith overall.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This is what I just don't get. This team is about 4x more injured than it ever expected to be; down to a PS UDFA RB [Grimes] last week and we STILL don't see Tebow.

    I think we've actually run the Wildcat less than we did with Brad Smith overall.
    I'm wondering if all the media mayhem and fan speculation has blown this thing out of proportion. I mean, maybe Rex only planned to use it sparingly instead of every other play like people assumed.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 1:23 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Mark Sanchez does not have a wrap on his jammed left thumb. #Jets


    Apparently the breakup has affected Mark's sex life.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Pace's shin was swollen after Pats game, Rex said. Expects him to play bs Dolphins #nyj
    Hmm. Maybe after this injury Pace will finally decide to take off his lead cleats.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 1:23 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Mark Sanchez does not have a wrap on his jammed left thumb. #Jets


    Apparently the breakup has affected Mark's sex life.
    "The Stranger" grip?

  8. #28
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's cool in the sense that the kid thought it would be a nice way to show support. It's not going to mess up the game and it's only for this week. What's the big deal?
    JMO, the pink thing has gone overboard in the NFL. I support breast cancer awareness, donate a significant amount of money to breast cancer research (but not to Susan G. Komen) and have had family members affected by it. But, the last thing we need (again, IMO) is another way "to show support". What the NFL has done is an unprecedented display by essentially turning everything pink for a quarter of the season. Its a seemingly arbitrary decision as there are a number of equally awful illnesses that don't get any publicity from the NFL.

    Again, I have nothing against the NFL showing support for breast cancer awareness, just as I would have nothing against the NFL showing support for any other type of illness (pancreatic or prostate cancer). But there seems to be no end to what they'll do as all it takes is a little kid to suggest more ways to introduce pink into an already saturated field.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 1:26 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Cromartie showing off arm: On one knee, throws from 1 sideline to the other, maybe 1 or 2 yards shy. Second-best QB? #Jets

    CRO SHOW TIME!

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm wondering if all the media mayhem and fan speculation has blown this thing out of proportion. I mean, maybe Rex only planned to use it sparingly instead of every other play like people assumed.
    Keeping everything under wraps for the SB.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Keeping everything under wraps for the SB.
    PART OF DA MASSER PLAN DOE!

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, the pink thing has gone overboard in the NFL. I support breast cancer awareness, donate a significant amount of money to breast cancer research (but not to Susan G. Komen) and have had family members affected by it. But, the last thing we need (again, IMO) is another way "to show support". What the NFL has done is an unprecedented display by essentially turning everything pink for a quarter of the season. Its a seemingly arbitrary decision as there are a number of equally awful illnesses that don't get any publicity from the NFL.

    Again, I have nothing against the NFL showing support for breast cancer awareness, just as I would have nothing against the NFL showing support for any other type of illness (pancreatic or prostate cancer). But there seems to be no end to what they'll do as all it takes is a little kid to suggest more ways to introduce pink into an already saturated field.
    I understand the point, I just don't think it matters at this point. I find it to be a nice little feel good story.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, the pink thing has gone overboard in the NFL. I support breast cancer awareness, donate a significant amount of money to breast cancer research (but not to Susan G. Komen) and have had family members affected by it. But, the last thing we need (again, IMO) is another way "to show support". What the NFL has done is an unprecedented display by essentially turning everything pink for a quarter of the season. Its a seemingly arbitrary decision as there are a number of equally awful illnesses that don't get any publicity from the NFL.

    Again, I have nothing against the NFL showing support for breast cancer awareness, just as I would have nothing against the NFL showing support for any other type of illness (pancreatic or prostate cancer). But there seems to be no end to what they'll do as all it takes is a little kid to suggest more ways to introduce pink into an already saturated field.
    It's all marketing, man. NFL makes a conscious effort to reach and appeal outside of its traditional audience. Women, latinos, etc.

    Don't expect them to try to reach out to the fat white guy. They already have us.

  14. #34
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I understand the point, I just don't think it matters at this point. I find it to be a nice little feel good story.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It's all marketing, man. NFL makes a conscious effort to reach outside of its traditional audience. Women, latinos, etc.

    Don't expect them to try to reach out to the fat white guy. They already have us.
    I realize that, which makes it somewhat more annoying. When its all said and done, its a shameless attempt to reach out to women and bring them in as NFL fans. And I accept that. To a point.

    But for Goodell to be like "Wow....we've been thinking about more ways to introduce pink into the game and we simply didn't think of that - thanks for bringing that to our attention" just seems entirely contrived.
    Last edited by crasherino; 10-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 1:33 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Philbin said he thinks Bush is "ready to roll" Sunday #jets #nyj

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) tweeted at 1:35 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    "They'll get the Jets chant going," Tannehill on playing on the road. "I'm excited for it. It's a tough place to play, I hear."


    NFL (@nfl) tweeted at 1:26 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Find out why @CharleyCasserly thinks the Jets should trade Tebow. To the Seahawks. --> http://t.co/p9lF5Xpo

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL (@nfl) tweeted at 0:49 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Referees will use pink flags during Dolphins-Jets game: http://t.co/I85ki3TR #nflpink #breastcancerawareness

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faux John Madden (@FauxJohnMadden) tweeted at 8:42 AM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Mark Sanchez and Eva Longoria split up after she finally watches Jets game on TV.


    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 8:09 AM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Tebow trade has done nothing but stunt both Sanchez & Tebow's development. NYJ unwittingly sabotaged Sanchez. Story: http://t.co/oWeZyEVX

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It's all marketing, man. NFL makes a conscious effort to reach and appeal outside of its traditional audience. Women, latinos, etc.

    Don't expect them to try to reach out to the fat white guy. They already have us.
    A lot of it IS marketing. Go to Dicks Sporting Goods and look at how much pink stuff there is with an NFL logo on it. You cant tell me that ALL of that money is going to breast cancer awareness. Even youth football is full of pink stuff. Kids are wearing pink socks, gloves and shoes at the youth level. At my son's game last week the whole opposing team had pink socks and gloves. They are charging $16 for a pink pair of Nike football socks, how much of that actually goes to breast cancer?

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 2:02 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    RT @BenVolinPBP: Bush said he's not worried about Jets retaliating for his comments. "Retaliate? They started it." #Jets #nyj


    This guy is a jackass if he can't comprehend what Rex meant by the hot sauce comment. Maybe that's why Kim dumped your ass, you punk *****.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us