Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/24

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 3:25 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Joe McKnight says ankle is see and swollen but "I'm playing this week too. I'll rest on the bye" #nyj

JOE IS A GROWN ASS MAN.
    Has it been confirmed by Rex that it's a high ankle sprain?

If so, this is kinda amazing because I can't remember a skill player getting a high ankle sprain and not missing a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, but Gronk is like 10 feet tall, 400 lbs. Not really an even match.
    True. Trust me, living down here, Bush is on the top of my list of "Players I'd like to see get knocked the **** out." Especially after that ***** said the Jets deserved the Revis injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

If so, this is kinda amazing because I can't remember a skill player getting a high ankle sprain and not missing a game.
    He must've been given one hell of a cortisone shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing anything about it, so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    True. Trust me, living down here, Bush is on the top of my list of "Players I'd like to see get knocked the **** out." Especially after that ***** said the Jets deserved the Revis injury.
    Seriously. He's a special kind of punk *****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 3:58 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Sanchez said you get more used to Tebow package each week as far as when the #jets will use it

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 3:55 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Landry says he's not going to stop headhunting #jets #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Played sports my whole life, two major sprts in college, never had any HC smack talk the other team's best player as a motivational tool.

Hard work? Keep our mouth shut and act like you've been there? Be focussed at all times? Act like a professional?

These are the qualities and motivational tools that I have seen that are successful.
    Rex set a trap to motivate his team for a must win. Reggie Bush took the bait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 4:05 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Reggie Bush tells Miami reporters he doesn't think Rex's apology was sincere: "I don't believe that. I don't believe that at all." #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 4:05 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Reggie Bush tells Miami reporters he doesn't think Rex's apology was sincere: "I don't believe that. I don't believe that at all." #Jets
    Someone's rustled.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Someone's rustled.
    HIM'S RUSTLED AS HELL!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, I hate Bush (the Miami player, not a healthy clean pudenda), but we would have eviscerated the Miami HC if he had used Rex' "hot sauce" comment about Shonne Greene or any of our RBs.

Rex knew what he was saying about Bush. IMO, Rex is backing down from his comment, which I don't like. He looks just as much of a puss as Reggie Bush-League.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Look, I hate Bush (the Miami player, not a healthy clean pudenda), but we would have eviscerated the Miami HC if he had used Rex' "hot sauce" comment about Shonne Greene or any of our RBs.

Rex knew what he was saying about Bush. IMO, Rex is backing down from his comment, which I don't like. He looks just as much of a puss as Reggie Bush-League.
    Except not really.

WE may have talked **** about Phailbin, but Reggie isn't a fan; he's a player.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, Cimini reported it as per a source. I don't know that its ever been confirmed.

And from re-watching the Colts game, he left the game with what seemed like a chest/shoulder injury. It really didn't seem like an ankle.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughtful? Respectful? How does this apply to this specific post? Because I am questioning the actions of our HC? I find it unprofessional how he acts, and continues to act. I think it affects our team in a negative way. Am I not aloud to express myself on a message board about it?

Where have I not been thoughtful or respectful to the posters on JI? I never personally attack anyone here for their opinion. Ever. I respectfully agree, disagree, or take another side. Very rarely to I respond to any poster who gets personal with me. (I cant say that about others towards me)

Why did you address this Crash? Because I dont have "goo goo eyes" for our HC like the owner does? Because I dont wave pom poms for the JETS for everything they do? Because I am passionate about what I believe is horrifically wrong about the team I've followed and rooted for over 35 years?

I was here before the silver spooned Woody swooped in and made a mockery out of my team and I hope to be here longer than he owns it.

What Woody Johnson has done to our favorite team is atrocious. He has turned our franchise into a laughing stock. Seriously, after all that has been said and done, how in the world does Rex Ryan get involved with this nonsense? He has a team to coach! Good HC dont act like this! On any level!!.......
    You have every right to express yourself on this message board. I was merely commenting on your outlook and the tenor and agenda within 95% of your posts now. Perhaps the post I commented on was merely the proverbial straw...

And I could say the same for those that blindly defend everything the JETS do.
    And I agree with you here. I'm not suggesting that you (or anyone) needs to agree with the team no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You get all this from the fact that Rex took 30 seconds to answer a reporter's question about Reggie Bush?
    This.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 4:26 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Clyde Gates getting healthy for rivalry week, moves up to a full participant from limited. #Jets #nyj

Awesome news. We've desperately missed him ****ing up his routes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 4:26 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Clyde Gates getting healthy for rivalry week, moves up to a full participant from limited. #Jets #nyj

Awesome news. We've desperately missed him ****ing up his routes.
    Could be a viable KR if McKnight is still hurting. I'd rather not see Cro back there and potentially pull a Sehorn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there one example that Tom Coughlin, Mike Thomlinson, The Harbough brothers, Mike Shannahan, Mike Holgram, Mike McCarthy, Mike Fox, or any other good to great coach responded to smack talk of an opposing player the way rex does?

Responding to Reggie Bush is unprofessional. Its makes us look classless. It doesnt help us win and I dont see any successful head coach on any level do this.
    Did you miss Jim lose his sh*t when he heard the Giants say that Justin Smith gets away with murder?? Come on man you are better than this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Could be a viable KR if McKnight is still hurting. I'd rather not see Cro back there and potentially pull a Sehorn.
    Indeed. Joe was on KR last week though, wasn't he?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 4:31 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Strong talk from L. Landry on Reggie Bush: "I'm grateful for another opp to play this guy. Every time he sees me, he'll remember that hit."

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, the pink thing has gone overboard in the NFL. I support breast cancer awareness, donate a significant amount of money to breast cancer research (but not to Susan G. Komen) and have had family members affected by it. But, the last thing we need (again, IMO) is another way "to show support". What the NFL has done is an unprecedented display by essentially turning everything pink for a quarter of the season. Its a seemingly arbitrary decision as there are a number of equally awful illnesses that don't get any publicity from the NFL.

Again, I have nothing against the NFL showing support for breast cancer awareness, just as I would have nothing against the NFL showing support for any other type of illness (pancreatic or prostate cancer). But there seems to be no end to what they'll do as all it takes is a little kid to suggest more ways to introduce pink into an already saturated field.
    And then one week from now, if a player wears Pink shoes...he get's a $10,000.00 fine....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 4:32 PM on Wed, Oct 24, 2012:
    Landry predicts #Jets win over Miami: "We can go into the bye at 4-4. That's what we're striving to do and that's what we will do."