Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/24

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What is incredibly weak is you poo-pooing his game giving him credit for one good drive. W-E-A-K!!!
    Here is what I said:

One great drive - 90+ yards concluded with TD pass to Keller.

One good drive - The opening drive.

Two catastrophes - INT on the woefully under-thrown ball. Failed exchange with Greene that resulted in a safety (for which Mark threw Greene under the bus). I should actually add on the fumble in OT b.c he should be holding onto the ball with two hands and he should have awareness. And then there was taking the sack, but Folk bailed him out. So take your pick there.

And the rest were meh.

I don't see where I am being unfair here. But if you want to illustrate, feel free. You can have the last word. This is a news thread. There are plenty of Sanchez threads to discuss this.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-25-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Hold on there Cowboy, I hate the Gators
    lol, I'll never figure you out. You're a riddle wrapped inside of a mystery wrapped inside of an enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So what is your point??? What exactly are you arguing about now?

You should be happy, your Broncos are starting to play well. They have a HOF QB and a nice rookie back-up for the future. They improved their QB situation immensely in just one off season. Not sure why you are still here arguing about the Jets QB.

What is my point ? Sanchez blew the game in my opinion. Yes, other mistakes were made. Hill should have caught that pass. Rex and Sparano should have gone with 2 straight runs on 3rd and 2 from the 3. Yada, yada, yada.

Even with those mistakes, we were driving down the field, had the ball on 2nd and 10 at the Pats 40 and Sanchez gave the game away. It would be different if it was a strip sack from behind, one that he didn't know was coming. Those happen, nothing the QB can do about it really.

This one was different. A guy had him by the freaking leg, he's staring right at Ninkovitch, and instead of securing the ball and taking the sack, he tried to get cute and farked it all up, fumbling the ball away.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, I'll never figure you out. You're a riddle wrapped inside of a mystery wrapped inside of an enigma.
    Its actually pretty simple, he likes whatever team Tebow is currently playing for, then moves on. A fan of a player, not a team.

I"m a long time Kentucky and Georgia fan. Hate florida. Didn't get the hype about Tebow when he first came on the scene. Got pissed when he kept destroying my teams. Over time, that turned into grudging admiration and respect for him and his abilities.

I guess it's kind of like Jeter with the Yankees. Can't stand the Bombers, but have mad respect for Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its actually pretty simple, he likes whatever team Tebow is currently playing for, then moves on. A fan of a player, not a team.
    One subtle, yet huge difference is that while I am a fan of a player (Tebow), I'm team oriented and a fan of the team that he plays for.

I"m a long time Kentucky and Georgia fan. Hate florida. Didn't get the hype about Tebow when he first came on the scene. Got pissed when he kept destroying my teams. Over time, that turned into grudging admiration and respect for him and his abilities.

I guess it's kind of like Jeter with the Yankees. Can't stand the Bombers, but have mad respect for Jeter.
    Interesting. Well, either way, I hope you stay even when we release Tim. It's nice having really knowledgeable guys around.

All League
    Interesting. Well, either way, I hope you stay even when we release Tim. It's nice having really knowledgeable guys around.
    I see what you did there

Jets Insider VIP
    JI will be a far better place next season when Demo renegade joe w daballhawk techjet and the rest of our teboneheads head over to Jagwires.com to support and pray for their Timmy

Coincidentally the Jets will also be better on the roster with an extra draft choice from the Jags and on the field without our starting QB being removed on first and ten so that Stumbling Timmy can come in run a play for a loss or no gain and leave the Jets to play Canadian Football having only 3 downs to move the chains

I confess. I thought Teblow would improve the wildcat and be more like Brad Smith. I was WRONG.Teblow sucks as a passer and a runner and the Jets would be better off inactivating this bum every week and letting Joe McKnight or Jeremy Kerley run the wildcat on one or two plays a game. They are both far better football players than Teblow...BY MILES

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, according to Woody, I'll be here for years to come

Thanks for the compliment. have to say that it is fun to actually discuss football every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    JI will be a far better place next season when Demo renegade joe w daballhawk techjet and the rest of our teboneheads head over to Jagwires.com to support and pray for their Timmy

Coincidentally the Jets will also be better on the roster with an extra draft choice from the Jags and on the field without our starting QB being removed on first and ten so that Stumbling Timmy can come in run a play for a loss or no gain and leave the Jets to play Canadian Football having only 3 downs to move the chains

I confess. I thought Teblow would improve the wildcat and be more like Brad Smith. I was WRONG.Teblow sucks as a passer and a runner and the Jets would be better off inactivated this bum every week and letting Joe McKnight or Jeremy Kerley run the wildcat on one or two plays a game. They are both far better football players than Teblow...BY MILES

Hmmm, just for kicks, care to tell me how many times Tebow has actually been stopped for no gain or lost yardage on a play ?

As for his passing, I seem to recall that he had one completion that would have been a first down had the TE not fumbled it, another completion on a fake punt, and his third pass went right through the hands of the receiver and bounced off his facemask, ie. the pass was dead on target.

I submit that people like me aren't the problem, rather, it's people like you who tend to lie and obfuscate that are a cause of concern.

Hmmm, just for kicks, care to tell me how many times Tebow has actually been stopped for no gain or lost yardage on a play ?

As for his passing, I seem to recall that he had one completion that would have been a first down had the TE not fumbled it, another completion on a fake punt, and his third pass went right through the hands of the receiver and bounced off his facemask, ie. the pass was dead on target.

I submit that people like me aren't the problem, rather, it's people like you who tend to lie and obfuscate that are a cause of concern.
    I think it's happened twice. Once in Miami, and once in Pitt. Either way, it's basically like having Greene in there only Tim tries to allude defenders.

Jets Insider VIP

As I said people like YOU will thankfully be scurrying someplace else next season to worship the worst NFL passer in league history and the Jets and JI will be better for it.

Have a good trip

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I know you're here for Tebow, but I'll humor you...

Again, I know your agenda...
    Actually, you don't know **** about me, so it's silly for you to presume that you do.
    Cool story, bro.
    Cool story bro.
    Didn't get the hype about Tebow when he first came on the scene. Got pissed when he kept destroying my teams. Over time, that turned into grudging admiration and respect for him and his abilities.
    While I am a fan of a player (Tebow), I'm team oriented and a fan of the team that he plays for.
    What part of that did I get wrong?

And be original man...I already cool story bro'd you...the least you can do is come up with something else.

I don't understand why you're so upset. If you're a fan of the team which Tebow plays for, as well as Tebow...you'd have a wider lens on the team than just the QB.

Please explain to me what Mark Sanchez could have done differently the first three times he was asked to step up and win the game? As the great Giselle said once, "he can't throw it and catch it!!". Or was he supposed to hold JK up from falling down wide open on the third down when he smartly took the sack to make NE burn a second time out?

Answer this. Had Victor Cruz dropped that perfect final pass on Sunday, would you have blamed Eli for not bringing them back and not being clutch?

Please answer, since you like discussing football so much.

What part of that did I get wrong?

And be original man...I already cool story bro'd you...the least you can do is come up with something else.

I don't understand why you're so upset. If you're a fan of the team which Tebow plays for, as well as Tebow...you'd have a wider lens on the team than just the QB.

Please explain to me what Mark Sanchez could have done differently the first three times he was asked to step up and win the game? As the great Giselle said once, "he can't throw it and catch it!!". Or was he supposed to hold JK up from falling down wide open on the third down when he smartly took the sack to make NE burn a second time out?

Answer this. Had Victor Cruz dropped that perfect final pass on Sunday, would you have blamed Eli for not bringing them back and not being clutch?

Please answer, since you like discussing football so much.
    The part you got wrong was the basic presumption that I'm just a Tebow fan, meaning that I'm not a Jets fan.

As to a "wider lens on the team", this is another presumption on your part. If you go through my posts, you'll see that I've talked about many aspects of the team, from the receiving corps and my disdain for Santonio Holmes, how Stephen Hill is a rook, but is still a threat, how Shonn Greene seems to take the handoff, find the nearest Oline-man to run into, then proceeds to run up his back. How Slauson has been one of the worst pulling guards I have ever seen. Yada, yada, yada.

As for what Mark could have done, let me introduce you to the concept of "sunken costs". Basically, what happened before DID NOT MATTER. It's IRRELEVANT. It's like if the brakes on your car need to be changed, it doesn't matter that you just spent $300 on a fuel pump. The sunken costs just don't factor in.

With plenty of time on the clock in OT, we had the ball on the Pats 40 farking yard line and it was 2nd and farking 10. Instead of protecting the ball and taking the sack, Mark got all stupid and ended up fumbling the ball away. "What could he have done" you ask ? He could have tucked the farking ball and held onto it. That would have made it 3rd and perhaps 17 from the 47. Not the greatest situation, but INFINITELY better than a game ending fumble.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 10-25-2012 at 02:53 PM.