Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: Ohio Ohio Ohio

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Meanwhile back where it matters...


    Obama continues to lead in

    Ohio
    Wisconsin
    Iowa
    Colorado
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    Virginia

    Your Koch Bros empty suit only in

    North Carolina
    Florida


    Keep following that Gallup national poll though



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,613
    ^^^^
    I'm always fascinated by the persistence of the truly ignorant/disturbed

    The Koch brothers are well-known Libertarians

    One ran for VP in the (L) party long ago

    They ain't stupid though - they want nothing to do with your Jim Jones/cult leader Luap Nor

    Rove is the mastermind behind Romney...*slaps knee* ...tell me more Skippy

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    ^^^^
    I'm always fascinated by the persistence of the truly ignorant/disturbed

    The Koch brothers are well-known Libertarians

    One ran for VP in the (L) party long ago

    They ain't stupid though - they want nothing to do with your Jim Jones/cult leader Luap Nor

    Rove is the mastermind behind Romney...*slaps knee* ...tell me more Skippy
    All you have to do keep up with the truly ignorant is look in your mirror.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #44
    Jeez - I must be the only Romney supporter who wants to see Obama win just to see Obama impeached/forced to resign over Benghazi.

    President Joe Biden is going to be a laugh-riot!


  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Jeez - I must be the only Romney supporter who wants to see Obama win just to see Obama impeached/forced to resign over Benghazi.

    President Joe Biden is going to be a laugh-riot!

    You may want that.

    It has no chance of happening.

    Nothing will happen of note over the Libya incident.

    In six weeks, it'll be forgotten, like every other issue like it the past 4 years.

    Well, FOX will still be reporting on it of course, but the mainstream will have said "non issue" and moved on.

  6. #46
    Mitt Romney’s Surge With Independent Voters Is ‘Sharpest Tilt’ Since Reagan’s 1984 Landslide (Video)

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...ndslide-video/

    "Mitt Romney now has a 19 point lead among independent voters. Romney has surged 16 points since Sunday before the final debate. According to Megyn Kelly on America Live, Romney’s numbers with independent voters is the sharpest tilt since Ronald Reagan’s 49 state landslide in 1984."

    Pew Poll: Race Evens Up, But Romney Holds Turnout Advantage

    http://www.knau.org/post/pew-poll-ra...nout-advantage


  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Mitt Romney’s Surge With Independent Voters Is ‘Sharpest Tilt’ Since Reagan’s 1984 Landslide (Video)

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...ndslide-video/

    "Mitt Romney now has a 19 point lead among independent voters. Romney has surged 16 points since Sunday before the final debate. According to Megyn Kelly on America Live, Romney’s numbers with independent voters is the sharpest tilt since Ronald Reagan’s 49 state landslide in 1984."

    Pew Poll: Race Evens Up, But Romney Holds Turnout Advantage

    http://www.knau.org/post/pew-poll-ra...nout-advantage

    THIS fair and balanced Megyn Kelly???


    LOL at a Fox News stooge humping the mysteriously invisible to all other polls Romney surge

    Biden is right

    the GOP has NO SHAME

  8. #48
    In 1984 they were called Reagan Democrats.

    Today they're called Independents.

    Swingometer: Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win

    http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/26/s...id-romney-win/

    This poll that shows the R-D-I breakdown at 36-35-29. At this demographic breakdown, Romney looks good!

    Romney has been winning the Independents all along. And then there's that turnout advantage thingee.

    ...just saying!


  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,070
    Ohio.

    Meth capital of the world.

    Makes sense.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Ohio.

    Meth capital of the world.

    Makes sense.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    I thought that was Baltimore?

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Ohio.

    Meth capital of the world.

    Makes sense.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Fresno is in OH?

  12. #52
    Gallup: 2012 Electorate More Republican than 2004

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ican-than-2004

    This morning, Gallup released a bombshell survey of likely voters this November. It wasn't a horse race poll, i.e. which candidate is ahead, but rather a look at the underlying demographics that will make up the electorate this November. They slap the survey with a very misleading headline, "2012 U.S. Electorate Looks Like 2008." While this is true in many respects, it obscures one very big difference. For the first time in a presidential election, more Republicans will vote than Democrats.

    In 2008, 54% of likely voters identified as Democrat or lean Democrat. 42% of likely voters identified as GOP or lean GOP. In other words, the electorate, including independents who lean towards a particular party, was D+12. This year, however, the Democrat advantage has disappeared. 49% of likely voters today identify as GOP or lean GOP. Just 46% of likely voters are or lean towards the Democrats. This is a 15-point swing towards the GOP from 2008 to an outright +3 advantage for the GOP. By comparison, in 2004, when Bush won reelection, the electorate was evenly split, with each party getting support from 48% of likely voters.

    If these numbers are within even a few points of what this survey suggests, then Romney will win decisively and the GOP will pick up the Senate. We are likely standing on the edge of another GOP wave election.

    Keep in mind, the Gallup survey suggests that voter turnout among Obama's biggest supporters, i.e. minorities and young voters, will generally match 2008 levels. Obama's problem is that, relatively speaking, there just aren't that many of these voters. Voters under 30 will make up 13% of the electorate, one point below '08 and even with '04. Minorities will make up 20%, up 5 from '04 and only up 1 point from '08.

    Obama's chief problem is that everyone else in the electorate has become much more Republican.

    Most of the media's polls anticipate the 2012 electorate looking either as Democrat as 2008 or even more Democrat. Obama's slim lead in state polls rests on the foundation of a massive Democrat turnout advantage. This Gallup survey, though, puts that lie to rest. If the electorate is actually even or R+ anything, Romney wins in a blowout.

  13. #53
    Some polling/probability dude was just on Piers Morgan/CNN claiming Romney had a 30% chance to win.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    With all due respect I normally would have stopped at Breitbart since he's a pretty much laughably right-wing hack that isn't even taken seriously by responsible Republicans.

    However this Gallup survey while possibly accurate has been carefully reviewed and analyzed and discussed and the conclusions reached don't agree at all with Breitbart's rosy conclusion that it portends a Romney win and a GOP senate. In fact the consensus is quite the opposite.

    How is this possible??

    Pretty simple really. This Gallup bombshell ignores the Electoral College. It is a national brushbrush survey of what Gallup believes to be likely voters regardless of their location. A review of it shows that more of these surveyed identify themselves as Republicans than in 2008 BUT the vast majority of this gain occured in very Red States that voted in vast numbers for McCain in 2008 and are not even close to contested in this cycle.

    Because of this it has little or no impact on whether Romney can carry enough of the 9 battleground states he needs to win next Tuesday. Currently he is close but trailing in seven of them and the margins have been pretty much stable since October 20 or so with only some small percentage change in favor of Obama.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 10-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    With all due respect I normally would have stopped at Breitbart since he's a pretty much laughably right-wing hack that isn't even taken seriously by responsible Republicans.

    However this Gallup survey while possibly accurate has been carefully reviewed and analyzed and discussed and the conclusions reached don't agree at all with Breitbart's rosy conclusion that it portends a Romney win and a GOP senate. In fact the consensus is quite the opposite.

    How is this possible??

    Pretty simple really. This Gallup bombshell ignores the Electoral College. It is a national brushbrush survey of what Gallup believes to be likely voters regardless of their location. A review of it shows that more of these surveyed identify themselves as Republicans than in 2008 BUT the vast majority of this gain occured in very Red States that voted in vast numbers for McCain in 2008 and are not even close to contested in this cycle.

    Because of this it has little or no impact on whether Romney can carry enough of the 9 battleground states he needs to win next Tuesday. Currently he is close but trailing in seven of them and the margins have been pretty much stable since October 20 or so with only some small percentage change in favor of Obama.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    6 more days and the fresh prince of bill ayers gets sent back to commie HQ in chicago (lower case intentional).

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Nice dream...not happening..

    Better luck in 2016

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This Gallup bombshell ignores the Electoral College. It is a national brushbrush survey of what Gallup believes to be likely voters regardless of their location. A review of it shows that more of these surveyed identify themselves as Republicans than in 2008 BUT the vast majority of this gain occured in very Red States that voted in vast numbers for McCain in 2008 and are not even close to contested in this cycle.

    Because of this it has little or no impact on whether Romney can carry enough of the 9 battleground states he needs to win next Tuesday. Currently he is close but trailing in seven of them and the margins have been pretty much stable since October 20 or so with only some small percentage change in favor of Obama.
    If your polls projected D and R turnout close to even then Romney would come out ahead because he was always winning with the Independents. Even in the swing states. A 15 point national swing to Republicans is not due exclusively to states like Texas and Oklahoma. Voters in California, New York, and Illinois were polled as well.

    I'm beginning to sense that the Presidential election of 2012 will be decided by Independent voters. Reagan Democrats they used to be called.


  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Nice dream...not happening..

    Better luck in 2016

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    With all due respect I normally would have stopped at Breitbart since he's a pretty much laughably right-wing hack that isn't even taken seriously by responsible Republicans.
    What makes this funny is that you constantly orally pleasure a man who cannot, under any scenario, poll at more than 2% of those same "responsible Republicans".

    I'd bet more Republicans take Breitbart seriously than take Paul seriously.


  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Meanwhile back where it matters...

    Obama continues to lead in

    Ohio
    Wisconsin
    Iowa
    Colorado
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    Virginia

    Your Koch Bros empty suit only in

    North Carolina
    Florida


    Keep following that Gallup national poll though



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Washington Post: After a season dominated by talk of Ohio, Virginia and Florida, Campaign 2012 suddenly shifted focus to a new trio of states Wednesday amid a new verbal battle about which candidate is better positioned to win on Tuesday.

    The new geographic front in the political war focuses on Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota, three states that have backed Democrats dating back at least to 1988 but which Republicans say are ripe for GOP nominee Mitt Romney in his challenge to President Obama.


    Firewall crumbled. Romney is crushing the "Independent" vote.

    The media narrative, back in July, was the candidate who could haul in that very vote would win the election. Less than a week from the big day the lines in the sand now are new battleground states giving narrow windows for an Obama victory & Nate Silver estimations instead of actually winning blocks of voters. This is because Romney has the key block on lockdown.

    And btw, Nate Silver was butt-wrong only 48 hours from poll time in 2010, as well. He works for the New York Times, you know...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us