Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Same Sex Marriage

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The world's largest religion (by a wide margin), Catholicism
    Catholicism is not the worlds largest religion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Catholicism is not the worlds largest religion.

I know YOU as a Catholic HATER dispute it, but as usual you are incorrect.

As stated before, you probably brought your numerous ass kickings by Catholic school football players on yourself by being obnoxious. It had zero to do with you being Jewish. Just offensive. LOL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

As stated before, you probably brought your numerous ass kickings by Catholic school football players on yourself by being obnoxious. It had zero to do with you being Jewish. Just offensive. LOL.
    Catholisism is not the worlds largest religion as far as I know, although Christianity (in the larger sense) is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion#Religious_groups

Speaking of, my Wife was just in Rome and attended the recent cononization mass, saw the pope, and ALOT of Churchy places. Sadly, I was unable to accompany her, despite my agnostism, my Catholic upbringing and interest in history would have been more than satiated by a trip to Rome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyone needs to check out the ad below Warfish's post in this thread.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-26-2012 at 03:33 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Catholisism is not the worlds largest religion as far as I know, although Christianity (in the larger sense) is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion#Religious_groups

Speaking of, my Wife was just in Rome and attended the recent cononization mass, saw the pope, and ALOT of Churchy places. Sadly, I was unable to accompany her, despite my agnostism, my Catholic upbringing and interest in history would have been more than satiated by a trip to Rome.

WF, actually it is. Protestants are an add on.
    Islam is #2. But will be #1 with the amount of baby generation. Still nip and tuck.

BTW, you're a Scot. How are you a Catholic? Is that allowed? And why are you still here. Aren't you spearheading the Scottish independence drive? Or were you expelled for sedition? LOL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Christianity as whole is. Catholicism is not.

Protestants are an add on? You make less and less sense each day.

And we beat Catholic Memorial AND St. Johns Prep 4 years running.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, you're a Scot. How are you a Catholic? Is that allowed? And why are you still here. Aren't you spearheading the Scottish independence drive? Or were you expelled for sedition? LOL.
    Mother Irish (Catholic). Father Scottish (Protestant). Upon marriage, the one (Dad) had to agree to raise the kids the other (Mom).

Geneticly I am 50/50, Scots/Irish. I am Scottish, because that is where I was born, and view as my homeland. If I could live there and not suffer economicly, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And Scotland has Catholics, just not as many (I think it's 43% Church of Scotland, 15% Roman Catholic, 28% Agnostic/Athiest, and the rest whatever, if wikipedia can be trusted).

And aye, I am VERY pleased that Scotland will be allowed to choose it's own future and sovreignty. Whatever they decide, so be it, the will of the people rules. I certainly am fine either way, although I prefer an Independant, EU Memberstate, Scotland. I believe in the current geopolitical environment, Scotland can be just fine being independant, and a close friend to England and member of the EU.

With that said, the polls show that Independence will very likely go down to a fall by a considerable margin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Christianity as whole is. Catholicism is not.

Protestants are an add on? You make less and less sense each day.

And we beat Catholic Memorial AND St. Johns Prep 4 years running.

There is a Jewish school in Mass? Do they even have good football in Mass?

Add on - meaning Catholics are the largest denomination, AND Protestants add to the Christian plurality. ADD ON to the "Friends of Jesus".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let the people vote. "Resolved: Caucasians will, effective immediately, forfeit all marital rights".

BTW, isn't marriage a state's rights issue?
    It is currently a States Rights issue, yet Romney has every intention of changing it. This is a human rights issue. Gay marriage existed long before our country ever did.

As a country we need to stop discriminating, against groups.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hyperbole. A devise I like because it highlights absurdity.
    Please advise the CORRECT acceptable age for marriage.
    Please advise WHY various combinations of male and female are not allowed and what the CORRECT assortment would be.
    Here's one: I would be for gay marriage if ALL economic elements were eliminated. Let's have a vote if all HETEROSEXUAL married couples would be willing to forego THEIR benefits as well.
    So what you are saying is you agree with discrimination rather than allowing people to live freely in a free country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Jewish school in Mass? Do they even have good football in Mass?".
    FFlllllluuuuutttttiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I should be plugging Gallup, considering how poorly they performed over the last year, but...

New Gallup poll: 53 percent believe same-sex marriage should be legal, tying the record high. In 1996: 27 percent.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159089/re...-marriage.aspx

Look at the numbers: