Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/25

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe McKnight can play on my team any time... His comments about Westhoff walking around with his hip and him playing with a little ankle sprain are absolutely inspiring.

I'll never look to get that dude off the team again. And players with that mentality usually figure out a way to make it work in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Except they weren't saying that in a literal sense, genius.

lrn2ReadBetweenTheLines

And you wanna talk about honor and bs like that? I guess that's why the 9ers HC and the Giants OC had a public ***** fit recently, huh?
    literal sense? what are you talking about? rex said he wanted to put some "hot sauce" on reggie bush and unless you're an idiot, sounds like he wanted to knock him out. maybin point blank said the jets are trying to knock bush out, and landry said he's going to continue to head hunt. sounds rather literal to me.

and so what, the 49ers and Giants had 1 misstep in their franchise history? seems like this kinda stuff happens with rex and his players weekly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Interview with New York Jets Blogger Jake Steinberg

August 15, 2012 By Davidkesselbrenner

I recently wrote an article on Jake Steinberg, where we discussed our expectations for the New York Jets this season. In this article, Jake and I get away from the passion we have for football, and talk about life outside of Metlife Stadium. Jake Steinberg, arguably the most respected go-to guy for breaking Jets news and up to the minute updates, grew up in New York City. He has been a fan of the New York Jets for as long as he can remember, something his die-hard Jets fan father passed along to him. Jake loves working as a writer and being able to interacting with the Jets players and fans, but he has his sights set on bigger things to come. Jake dreams of one day becoming a sports agent or general manager, and we all hope it’s with the Jets. In talking to Jake, there is so much fire and drive in his voice, there is no doubt he will soon conquer his dream. With that said, it’s not always sunny in New York City, and one of the questions I asked Jake was about the haters on twitter who call him out and don’t see eye to eye with him.

Jake responded, “my haters motivate me, and trust me, I have a lot of them. The truth is, all the people who try to knock me down only inspire me to do better. You can’t get mad at your haters. You just have to keep your head up, let it roll of your back.” Jake recently tweeted about my question, saying the only way to deal with the haters is to “keep calm, and stay classy”. If you follow Jake Steinberg on twitter (@Steiny31), you already know how humble and classy he truly is.

We all know what happens when you assume, and I was caught off guard when talking to Jake to learn I have assumed some things as well. Knowing that Jake is a writer for thejetsblog.com, a very well known and respected website for the Jets, I unfortunately assumed the website is where he gets his contest giveaways on a weekly basis for his fans on twitter. I was wrong. Steiny buys prizes for his fans out of his own pocket, a way to give back to all of his supporters and fans, while giving him the opportunity to interact with everyone. Some of the latest contest winners have received tickets to Curtis “my favorite” Martin’s Hall of Fame induction, a signed Nick Mangold football, a Joe Namath signed picture, and there is currently a contest to win a signed football from none other than Tim Tebow. Though there are a number of great professional writers and reporters for every NFL team, Jets fans have been spoiled by Jake’s heart and passion for reaching out to fans in more ways than one.
    “It is important for me to give back and reach out. I want to help every single person I can, whether it’s questions, comments, advice, etc. I just feel that I was given an amazing opportunity, that if I didn’t give back it would be a travesty. I love helping young writers land jobs at different sites. I truly enjoy having contests for fans and getting players involved. I love giving back any way I can!”
    Jake states he loves to help anyway he can, but when I asked him where he gets his breaking Jets news from, he channeled his inner magician, laughing while responding, “I break news through sources, those of whom I cannot reveal”. I guess Jake is human after all!

Although Jake wouldn’t reveal his top-secret sources regarding his breaking news updates, he did reveal his first experience at the New York Jets training camp to me. Steiny was invited and given a press pass for the first time this offseason, which was something he will never forget.

“I never thought I would have this opportunity. It was a very rewarding experience. It was a great learning tool for me, and while I made some mistakes, I think that is expected from a young guy learning the ropes. Most of the guys/gals have been doing this for years and years, and it was my first time. With that being said, it is something that I will always remember and cherish.”

Jake went on to tell me to keep following my dreams, don’t let anyone get you down, and that he is excited to see me continue my work and dream.
    “I have read your work. I am very impressed. You write with such passion. Your love for the team is displayed in your writing. I see myself when I read your pieces. So many writers tend to get off topic and distracted by what they are trying to get across. Not Dave Kesselbrenner. You get straight to the point and never get sidetracked. I’m excited to see where your writing career takes you. If you ever want me to read over anything for you, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Jake Steinberg has become a celebrity and a well-known name for Jets Nation, but he has passions outside of football too. Steiny enjoys hanging out with his friends, spending time with his family, seeing movies, and playing with his dog, Bailey. His most prized Jets possession is his signed Boomer Esiason Jets helmet, and no, it’s not because of Boomer recently bashing Tim Tebow! Jake’s dad is very good friends with Boom, helping him start his foundation, which helps find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. Mr. Esiason had the signed helmet delivered to the hospital the day Jake was born. As for his favorite Jets jersey he wears on Sunday, he simply said there are too many players he loves, and thus, he alternates each game.

Talking with Jake not only on this article, but the private conversations we have had as well, has been nothing short of a privilege that I will remember for years to come. He has such a modest tone and character that you forget all of his success when talking to him. Jake Steinberg has been a true inspiration to me, and for Jets fans across the country. Thank you Jake for taking the time to talk with me. I look forward to interviewing you again when I become a Jets reporter, and you’re either representing players as an agent, or taking over Mike Tannanbaum’s job as the General Manager.

http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/2012/08...ake-steinberg/
    This article is the equivalent of me interviewing CMart about posting about the Jets on JI. Both guys have as much to do with the Jets as we do, except Steinberg has a rich father who knows some players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangold, you're just trying to find something to ***** about. It's annoying.

You know damn well that they weren't saying they were gonna injure anyone. Landry was saying that he wasn't going to change his tough style of play. And Rex was saying he was gonna get their attention and that they were gonna punish him.

Get some common sense, buddy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Mangold, you're just trying to find something to ***** about. It's annoying.

You know damn well that they weren't saying they were gonna injure anyone. Landry was saying that he wasn't going to change his tough style of play. And Rex was saying he was gonna get their attention and that they were gonna punish him.

Get some common sense, buddy.
    then maybe they should choose their words better, because it just further cements the stigma that the Jets organization is a circus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    then maybe they should choose their words better, because it just further cements the stigma that the Jets organization is a circus.
    ****'em! Who cares what anyone else thinks? As long as they go out there, back up their words and whip dey ass, why should we give a damn what any other fanbase or the media thinks about us? Mate, they'll give us **** regardless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pathetic

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a rats arse, put a fukin bullseye on Reggie Bush and fuk his chitt up. PERIOD! If you're celebrating Revis injury we coming at you muthafuka we're coming.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Never heard of that before. I might try it. I have been experimenting with Green Tea lately.

Anyways, thanks for the news/tweets.
    Do the same with Chocolate Yoo-Hoo - then maybe add some Kahlua to it as well.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I stopped following him on Twitter...His over the top promotion of fringe players (and cut players) and constant tweets to them like he is their best friend became nauseating...

Per your info it seems his father might be an agent? Which explains Jakey's promotions of some players, which are probably clients of his father?
    This is exactly why I stopped following him to.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Joe McKnight can play on my team any time... His comments about Westhoff walking around with his hip and him playing with a little ankle sprain are absolutely inspiring.

I'll never look to get that dude off the team again. And players with that mentality usually figure out a way to make it work in the NFL.
    But McKnight's a bust because he threw up during training camp in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it just doesn't

The only people talking about the Jets being a circus are the media dumbasses trying to create it, and the fans who ***** and moan about it on this site, copernicus comes to mind, that dude can't stop crying about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, it just doesn't

The only people talking about the Jets being a circus are the media dumbasses trying to create it, and the fans who ***** and moan about it on this site, copernicus comes to mind, that dude can't stop crying about it.
    +1

Only gullible people buy into this "circus" act.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    Who gives a rats arse, put a fukin bullseye on Reggie Bush and fuk his chitt up. PERIOD! If you're celebrating Revis injury we coming at you muthafuka we're coming.
    Thank you...fuk them and fuk any whiney fan that doesn't like the trash talk. ITs Miami and bush comments were much worse than Ryans...to effin bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 10:48 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    Ryan said focus and enthusiasm was up in practice yesterday #jets #nyj

Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) tweeted at 10:49 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    Powell and McKnight are not practicing again today #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 10:49 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    Powell, McKnight, Scott and Ellis won't practice. Pouha, Pace and Smith will be limited. Rex hopeful Gates will play bs Dolphins #nyj

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 10:49 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    Rex said it looks like Gates will play this week. #jets #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 10:50 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    McKnight, Scott, Powell, Cumberland won't practice today. Po'uha will be limited. Did well yesterday, per Rex Ryan. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    J

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 10:54 AM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:
    Rex: "The healthiest team I've seen right now is Miami" #nyj

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    +1

Only gullible people buy into this "circus" act.
    I think gullible is a poor choice of words. The fact of the matter is this, Woody does try and create media buzz in an effor to keep the Jets relevant in the media. Acquiring Tim Tebow was the case in point. Should the Jets season go south, beginning this week with a loss to Miami, you will see Tim Tebow start. Not because he is the best option at QB but because he provides the owner with the best ability to fill seats. I think this is where most of the frustration comes from within the fanbase. There is a real genuine sense of awareness as to what the owner is trying to do here that leads them to become disenfranchised.

And IMHO, this interference could lead the Jets to becoming a circus organization.