Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fall And Fall Of David Harris

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont know, havent heard anything about a chronic condition. If it is a chronic condition I hope this was not something that was known about prior to his contract.
    I can't find it now..I recall reading something to that affect after he injured it against Carolina in the preseason...

86 tackles 5 sacks 4 INTs 1 returned for a TD.

It was his lowest total for tackles in his career thus far.
    down from 99 in '10..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...1/david-harris

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I can't find it now..I recall reading something to that affect after he injured it against Carolina in the preseason...
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...leave-injuries

All League
    Harris can play on my team anytime.

All League
    Missed tackles are on Harris, but aside from that, I think a lot of his "struggles" are due to Harris having to cover up for the deficiencies of the rest of the linebackers. None of the current starters outside of Harris are legitimate starters anymore. Thomas makes for nice depth, but Pace flat out sucks and Scott was done 2 years ago. Harris is trying to cover for them I think. Get some linebackers and I think we see a change back to his old form.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I dont think that is the question, it is whether he is worth the money he is making. Next season Harris is due to be the highest paid Jet, with a cap number of 13 million.

Harris is the highest paid middle linebacker in the league. Is it possible that he is suffering from complacency from having made his big money? Would not be the first player to do so. I still cant believe the money Tanny gave him.
    Watching this guy miss tackles and not being able to cover is so cool. But it's ok he gets paid more than every LB in football today. 9+ million and some are ok with his rapid decline to a player that would have issues making other teams rosters. This is why he was franchised, which is another great move on Tanny's part. The only good thing is Harris may hit the open market and we can sign real players. More than likely Tanny will over pay him big time.

Imagine the type of quality players we could sign with that type of money. Wasting this money on a slow and over rated player is what this team is about and is Tanny's trademark. It starts at the top and something has to change, but it won't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Harris has long been one of my favorite players. However, there is NO disputing that he is overpaid and his play has fallen off this year. Is it because of his ankle? Maybe. Is it because of the fossil Scott playing next to him? Possibly. But I've never seen the guy miss more tackles than I have this season, and as Zombo said, that's on him.

Hopefully he steps up his play as the year goes on. We need him.

At his salary? At what position do you skimp to accommodate his huge pay ticket? You simply cannot isolate one player and one salary as if it does not affect other things.

Let's have a look at the Jets top Cap values.

Harris $12,000,000
    Revis $11,503,621
    Holmes $9,250,000
    Cromartie $8,250,000
    Sanchez $7,853,125
    Pace $7,348,333
    Scott $5,950,000

Now that one cap stat does not tell all as other things come into play but overall that is one very ugly list if you ask me.

All Pro
    It's not if he is any good or not.

It's paying a decent player elite money in a league with a strict cap. Harris and Revis make up a third of our salary on defense, that's a lot of money spent on poor return this year. Revis, that's bad luck. Harris, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    At his salary? At what position do you skimp to accommodate his huge pay ticket? You simply cannot isolate one player and one salary as if it does not affect other things.

Harris $12,000,000
    Revis $11,503,621
    Holmes $9,250,000
    Cromartie $8,250,000
    Sanchez $7,853,125
    Pace $7,348,333
    Scott $5,950,000

Now that one cap stat does not tell all as other things come into play but overall that is one very ugly list if you ask me.
    Can Harris be cut next year or forced to renegotiate? What is he guaranteed?

All Pro

Harris $12,000,000
    Revis $11,503,621
    Holmes $9,250,000
    Cromartie $8,250,000
    Sanchez $7,853,125
    Pace $7,348,333
    Scott $5,950,000

That's why we aren't very good.

Harris, decent player but not worth that money.
    Revis, worth every penny but hurt.
    Holmes, not worth it and now hurt.
    Cro, money well spent.
    Sanchez, not really bad for a starter, somewhat over paid.
    Pace, not worth the money.
    Scott, not even close to the money.

To me, that shows the problem with the GM, not the coach. The GM has made 4 of our top 7 salaries grossly over paid, with another one out for the year. For example of money, would you trade Sanchez and Harris for Any QB in the league? Peyton, Brady, Eli, who ever. Because Sanchez and Harris make as much as any QB in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Can Harris be cut next year or forced to renegotiate? What is he guaranteed?
    Harris can be cut next year and save 4 million against the cap, BUT would have 9 million in dead money...LOL. Not happening.

All League

Harris $12,000,000
    Revis $11,503,621
    Holmes $9,250,000
    Cromartie $8,250,000
    Sanchez $7,853,125
    Pace $7,348,333
    Scott $5,950,000

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying.. that's a lot of cap space used up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    That's why we aren't very good.

Harris, decent player but not worth that money.
    Revis, worth every penny but hurt.
    Holmes, not worth it and now hurt.
    Cro, money well spent.
    Sanchez, not really bad for a starter, somewhat over paid.
    Pace, not worth the money.
    Scott, not even close to the money.

To me, that shows the problem with the GM, not the coach. The GM has made 4 of our top 7 salaries grossly over paid, with another one out for the year. For example of money, would you trade Sanchez and Harris for Any QB in the league? Peyton, Brady, Eli, who ever. Because Sanchez and Harris make as much as any QB in the league.
    I mentioned this in another thread but, imagine IF Nmadi took the 5 years 60 million the Jets were offering??? Only luck saved Tanny from that mistake.

All Pro
    Harris can be cut next year and save 4 million against the cap, BUT would have 9 million in dead money...LOL. Not happening.
    If you can bring in a more productive player for 4 million or less you do that. Then the contract goes away the following year.

The other reason other teams like the steelers always have comp pics is they sign better contracts that are allowed to expire. Then when the player goes to another team, the Steelers get compensation for that. When the Jets cut a player to get rid of the salary, you have dead money on the team, and you don't get a comp pick when that player signs elsewhere.

All Pro
    I mentioned this in another thread but, imagine IF Nmadi took the 5 years 60 million the Jets were offering??? Only luck saved Tanny from that mistake.
    Nmandi was going to cost way more than Cro and be way less the player Cro is.

David Harris has always been a liability in coverage. He's not a complete LB and never was. His play hasn't fallen off that greatly IMO, those around him have and he's being exposed more. Harris was never and will never be a difference maker at LB. He's not particularly great rushing the QB and never was, he's terrible in coverage and always was, he's extremely goog against the run. So is Pouha, should we pay him Ndamakong Suh money?

Harris is going to be fine... He's been off his game this season but he is definitely one of the top ILB in the league. He is not the problem with this team

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Harris is going to be fine... He's been off his game this season but he is definitely one of the top ILB in the league. He is not the problem with this team
    He is not THE problem, but he is an issue. His salary is certainly an issue. Having 13 million dollars tied up in him next year is an issue.