Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybin says Jets want to knock Bush out, legally

Maybin says Jets want to knock Bush out, legally

At times, the Jets try to walk the line between tough talk and the cart-off/knock-out motivations that fueled the Saints’ alleged bounty program.

At other times, the Jets just don’t care.

On Wednesday, in addition to the strong remarks from safety LaRon Landry regarding “head hunting” and the fact that Dolphins running back Reggie Bush will “remember” the hit from Landry that ousted Bush from the first game between the two teams with a knee injury, Jets linebacker Aaron Maybin was more direct.

“We want to knock him out, but we’re out to do it legally,” Maybin said of Bush, via Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.

The tough talk comes after the Jets have tried to put the hot sauce back in the tube, backing away from incendiary comments suggesting that the Jets wanted to injure Bush the last time they played. It’s the same thing the Saints are accused of doing via a pay-for-performance plan that rewarded fumbles, interceptions, sacks, and clean, legal hits that kept opponents from playing.

Adding to the intrigue in this specific case is that all three players — Landry, Maybin, and Bush — are represented by the same agent, Joel Segal. So maybe Segal should convene a Saturday night meal for the three men in the hopes of breaking bread and making peace.

But Segal should send a clear message to the waiter once they’re seated.

“Hold the hot sauce.”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 25, 2012, 7:17 AM EDT

What an idiot..

All League
    Charter JI Member

Of all people on that Defense to talk smack like that.....Maybin?

That's the biggest joke of all.

Not for nutin but......Reggie Bush would run through Maybin like a Mack Truck through a paper bag.

dumb and dumber........

Landry too. So he and Maybin dont think the ref's will hear about this and pay "special" attention to these two bozos? Yea, right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Reggie Brittle will probably find a way to knock himself out without much assistance from the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Aaron, I would settle for a sack at this point.

Baby steps.

QQ more about it.

ok so what about Revis getting what he deserved? Is Reggie Bush not in the wrong for saying that, when a guys career is on the line. Because Reggie Bush hasn't apologized I don't think.
    I like the fact they're talking, and I hope they f*** Reggie Bush up! I like the intimidation factor.
    Dirty Thirty, LETS GO!!

Veteran
    Watch another Jets starter go down on Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Baby steps.
    Aaron seems to still be getting blocked to the outside, runing WIDE circles and cant seem to create an opportunity. His potential sack comes when theQB has exhausted all possibility and is in the pocket in excess of 5 seconds. Like Maybin but he is still NOT the solution but a decent role player. Thats it.

Who's Maybin? Forget Sanchez, "The Disappearing One" should have been #2 in the NFL players' poll for most overrated. Maybe not, as you would need to have at least achieved something.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Baby steps.
    I tend to agree that Bush, considering the number of tackles AM has accumulated this year, isn't exactly worried that Maybin's gonna be laying the wood to him on SUnday.

All Pro
    #ohhhhboy RT @BenVolinPBP: Mike Pouncey on Aaron Maybin: "He won't even play enough to hurt Reggie."

He just killed maybin in one line..

As much as I dislike what Landry and Maybin are saying, this is what makes rivalrys great. All this is going to do is get everybody more amped up for the game. Fans and players. I'm excited!!! Go Fins!

All Pro
    "I have to be on punt block to say something to him," Dolphins center Mike Pouncey said of Maybin.

RT @chrisperk: Mike Pouncey on Maybin: "I think it's just him wanting 2 get known, 2 finally hear his name get said in the NFL."

"Speaking about it isn't going to make you a good football player, or a bad football player," Cameron Wake said.

Richie Incognito reminded Cameron Wake that he played with Aaron Maybin. His response to 68: "better watch out. He's coming for you."

I really don't like Bulletin board material. Especially in a game that is pretty much the Jets SEASON on the line.

Maybe if our -EFENSE would've stopped Brady on that final drive last week, I can get into this war of words but with this being an ABSOLUTE Must-win game, I really don't like giving any more additional motivation to a division rival looking for an opportunity to basically all but knock you out of the playoff hunt in Week 8.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Jets' Aaron Maybin won't get into war of words with Dolphins' Mike Pouncey, clarifies earlier statement

Aaron Maybin chose not to reply to Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and get into a war of words. Charles Trainor Jr./Miami Herald/MCT
    There would be no inter-state fireworks today from the Jets and Dolphins. After Miami's Mike Pouncey called Aaron Maybin "a joke" -- among other unflattering comments -- the Jets' linebacker would not return serve.

"No thoughts, no words," Maybin said today, after some of Pouncey's words were relayed to him.

Maybin earned the attention of the Dolphins for saying Wednesday that the Jets want to knock out Reggie Bush legally in Sunday's game.

But today he said that was not what he said and that he never meant to talk any trash. Instead he clarified his statement.

"There was no trash talk coming from this side," Maybin said. "Basically, I'll say the same thing I said yesterday. In order for us to beat Miami we have to stop the run and that means eliminating Reggie Bush. However people wanted to take that out of context, that's fine but I'm not going to get into."

He later added: "They need to double check what I said yesterday because that was never the intention."

Nor was he bothered by Pouncey's insult.

"Trash talk, it's all for the newspaper," Maybin said. "I didn't have any of that for you yesterday. I don't have any today."

Mike Vorkunov: mvorkunov@starledger.com; Twitter: @Mike_Vorkunov

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Jets' Aaron Maybin won't get into war of words with Dolphins' Mike Pouncey, clarifies earlier statement

Aaron Maybin chose not to reply to Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and get into a war of words. Charles Trainor Jr./Miami Herald/MCT
    There would be no inter-state fireworks today from the Jets and Dolphins. After Miami's Mike Pouncey called Aaron Maybin "a joke" -- among other unflattering comments -- the Jets' linebacker would not return serve.

"No thoughts, no words," Maybin said today, after some of Pouncey's words were relayed to him.

Maybin earned the attention of the Dolphins for saying Wednesday that the Jets want to knock out Reggie Bush legally in Sunday's game.

But today he said that was not what he said and that he never meant to talk any trash. Instead he clarified his statement.

"There was no trash talk coming from this side," Maybin said. "Basically, I'll say the same thing I said yesterday. In order for us to beat Miami we have to stop the run and that means eliminating Reggie Bush. However people wanted to take that out of context, that's fine but I'm not going to get into."

He later added: "They need to double check what I said yesterday because that was never the intention."

Nor was he bothered by Pouncey's insult.

"Trash talk, it's all for the newspaper," Maybin said. "I didn't have any of that for you yesterday. I don't have any today."

Mike Vorkunov: mvorkunov@starledger.com; Twitter: @Mike_Vorkunov
    I get nervous about all this trash talk ,the refs know what is going on an it could lead to some very quick flags,and Landry has already killed us a few times with bad penaltys . he does not need to draw attention to his hits on the field before the game. The season is riding on this game

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Mostly agree, not wise with this record, and you better back up what you say or you make the whole org. look stupid, not just yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like Mayhem

GO Aaron, put Tannehill on his rear end about 5 times on Sunday

GO JETS

Sometimes after I get criticized for my negative posts I reflect and often think "am I really this off with my criticism of my favorite team?"

And then the sun rises on a new day with more nonsense from the circus that Woody has created. This time its Aaron Maybin and Laron Landry following the lead of the HC with smack talk that does nothing but hurt the team, put more of a focus from the refs on the JETS, and more of a target on Sancez back from the opposing team. Nice job guys!

Another smack talkin week from the team that just lost a gift wrapped game from their arch rival where much of the loss by the hands of coaches and players. The JETS should be doing everything under the sun to correct all the wrongs from the first half of the season. Instead, wasting valuable time and energy with sheer nonsense. If this behavior happened on a high school football team, the HC would throw those who would be stupid enough to engage in this off the team.

Our organization welcomes it.