Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh My Goodness A Positive Sanchez Article!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh My Goodness A Positive Sanchez Article!!!

Hmmmmmm

Here an article that said we should be careful for what we wish for those of you dislike Sanchez it is some food for thought....

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Jets QB Sanchez not getting his due
    By MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 9:14 AM, October 25, 2012

Posted: 1:28 AM, October 25, 2012

For those of you who have been willing to pay out of your own pocket to put Mark Sanchez on the first Amtrak out of Penn Station headed for parts unknown (you know who you are), relax and check the facts.

For those of you who believe Sanchez has been an unmitigated flop as a franchise quarterback (you know who you are), take a close look at his quarterback contemporaries around the NFL and ask yourself if you’d rather have them taking snaps for the Jets.

Take a look in Detroit, where Matthew Stafford, who like Sanchez was drafted in 2009, has led the Lions to records of 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 in his first three years and 2-4 this year.

Take a look in Tampa Bay, where Josh Freeman, who was also drafted in 2009, has led the Buccaneers to records of 3-13, 10-6, 4-12 and their current 2-4.

Take a look in St. Louis, where Sam Bradford, who was drafted a year after Sanchez, has taken the Rams, who went 7-9 and 2-14 in his first two seasons and are 3-4 this year.

Entering Sunday’s game against the Dolphins at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez has a 30-24 career record and is 4-2 in the playoffs — all four wins coming on the road. He has missed one game in his career because of injury.

Stafford is 15-20, 0-1 in the playoffs and missed 19 games because of injury his first two seasons. Bradford is 11-22 and Freeman is 19-27 and either has been to the playoffs.

“You’re never hearing about anyone trying to run them out of town,’’ Jets tight end Dustin Keller said yesterday.

Sanchez is one of just five NFL quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to win 30 games in his first three seasons, including playoffs. Sure, he had some good defenses and a strong running game, but he wasn’t doing it with a roster of All-Pros.

Receiver Chaz Schilens, who is in his first year with the Jets after playing four years in Oakland, said he was blown away by the negative perception of Sanchez when he came here.

“It’s like people purposely want to see him fail,’’ Schilens told The Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it. If he was in another city, the fans would love him. I’ve played with good quarterbacks and I’ve played with bad quarterbacks and Mark is in the upper tier.

“A lot of the criticism he receives is not fair, but I guess it comes with playing in this city.’’

Sanchez should be lauded for the things he doesn’t say when he probably has a lot he would like to say.

If, for example, rookie receiver Stephen Hill catches that third-down pass late in the fourth quarter in New England, the first down would have allowed the Jets to bleed the clock down to mere seconds before kicking the go-ahead field goal instead of the eternity they left Tom Brady to tie the game and send it to overtime.

After the game, and even yesterday, Sanchez praised Hill for playing well. For contrast, look at the immature way Cam Newton has behaved in Carolina while this Panthers season has unraveled. How much respect do you think his petulance has earned him inside his own locker room?

“You can’t say enough about how he’s handled himself and the scrutiny that comes with it,’’ right guard Brandon Moore said.

It’s how Sanchez has handled the scrutiny and criticism that has earned him the respect he has inside the locker room.

“I keep it in perspective,’’ Sanchez told The Post. “My teammates know where my heart is at with this thing and how much I care about it. I want to make sure those guys understand that, at the end of the day, man, I’ll take the bullets.

“It’s easy to be the quarterback when you’re in middle of a playoff run and things are going great. How do you measure someone when things aren’t going well, and everyone’s opinion is, ‘This guy is terrible?’ I take the attitude, ‘Well, all right, we’ll see what we do on Sunday.’ ’’

At 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez gets another chance to turn the ever-changing perception of him to positive — if just for five minutes.

mark.cannizzaro@nypost.com

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to know who are the good quarterbacks Chaz Schilens has played with.

Look, everyone here knows I'm a Sanchez homer, but he wouldn't get criticized as much as he does if he played better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's very inaccurate.
    He has poor pocket presence.
    He has a habit of making awful costly turnovers on a weekly basis.
    He squanders tons of plays when we get it right on offense.
    He at times in games looks like a terrific QB.
    He has had a terrible group of WR the last two years.

An endorsement from a jag that played with Jawalrus Russell is not going to sway me. Sanchez is a lower tier QB who has not improved with time and has shown he cannot make up for any kind of sub par team mates on his team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He's very inaccurate.
    He has poor pocket presence.
    He has a habit of making awful costly turnovers on a weekly basis.
    He squanders tons of plays when we get it right on offense.
    He at times in games looks like a terrific QB.
    He has had a terrible group of WR the last two years.
    Most of that could be said of Tony Romo (except that he has Dez Bryant, Austin and Witten). It certainly hasn't clicked for Mark like it eventually did for a guy like Elli who made a ton of costly turnovers a few years back, but he is certainly our best option for the foreseeable future. I am not willing to drop Mark and bring in a BRandon Weeden type. If we somehow finish 3-13 and get the number 1 pick then I would be ok with moving in a different direction at QB, but for now I am happy with Mark as our QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hmmmmmm

Here an article that said we should be careful for what we wish for those of you dislike Sanchez it is some food for thought....

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Jets QB Sanchez not getting his due
    By MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 9:14 AM, October 25, 2012

Posted: 1:28 AM, October 25, 2012

For those of you who have been willing to pay out of your own pocket to put Mark Sanchez on the first Amtrak out of Penn Station headed for parts unknown (you know who you are), relax and check the facts.

For those of you who believe Sanchez has been an unmitigated flop as a franchise quarterback (you know who you are), take a close look at his quarterback contemporaries around the NFL and ask yourself if you’d rather have them taking snaps for the Jets.

Take a look in Detroit, where Matthew Stafford, who like Sanchez was drafted in 2009, has led the Lions to records of 2-14, 6-10, 10-6 in his first three years and 2-4 this year.

Take a look in Tampa Bay, where Josh Freeman, who was also drafted in 2009, has led the Buccaneers to records of 3-13, 10-6, 4-12 and their current 2-4.

Take a look in St. Louis, where Sam Bradford, who was drafted a year after Sanchez, has taken the Rams, who went 7-9 and 2-14 in his first two seasons and are 3-4 this year.

Entering Sunday’s game against the Dolphins at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez has a 30-24 career record and is 4-2 in the playoffs — all four wins coming on the road. He has missed one game in his career because of injury.

Stafford is 15-20, 0-1 in the playoffs and missed 19 games because of injury his first two seasons. Bradford is 11-22 and Freeman is 19-27 and either has been to the playoffs.

“You’re never hearing about anyone trying to run them out of town,’’ Jets tight end Dustin Keller said yesterday.

Sanchez is one of just five NFL quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to win 30 games in his first three seasons, including playoffs. Sure, he had some good defenses and a strong running game, but he wasn’t doing it with a roster of All-Pros.

Receiver Chaz Schilens, who is in his first year with the Jets after playing four years in Oakland, said he was blown away by the negative perception of Sanchez when he came here.

“It’s like people purposely want to see him fail,’’ Schilens told The Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it. If he was in another city, the fans would love him. I’ve played with good quarterbacks and I’ve played with bad quarterbacks and Mark is in the upper tier.

“A lot of the criticism he receives is not fair, but I guess it comes with playing in this city.’’

Sanchez should be lauded for the things he doesn’t say when he probably has a lot he would like to say.

If, for example, rookie receiver Stephen Hill catches that third-down pass late in the fourth quarter in New England, the first down would have allowed the Jets to bleed the clock down to mere seconds before kicking the go-ahead field goal instead of the eternity they left Tom Brady to tie the game and send it to overtime.

After the game, and even yesterday, Sanchez praised Hill for playing well. For contrast, look at the immature way Cam Newton has behaved in Carolina while this Panthers season has unraveled. How much respect do you think his petulance has earned him inside his own locker room?

“You can’t say enough about how he’s handled himself and the scrutiny that comes with it,’’ right guard Brandon Moore said.

It’s how Sanchez has handled the scrutiny and criticism that has earned him the respect he has inside the locker room.

“I keep it in perspective,’’ Sanchez told The Post. “My teammates know where my heart is at with this thing and how much I care about it. I want to make sure those guys understand that, at the end of the day, man, I’ll take the bullets.

“It’s easy to be the quarterback when you’re in middle of a playoff run and things are going great. How do you measure someone when things aren’t going well, and everyone’s opinion is, ‘This guy is terrible?’ I take the attitude, ‘Well, all right, we’ll see what we do on Sunday.’ ’’

At 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Sanchez gets another chance to turn the ever-changing perception of him to positive — if just for five minutes.

mark.cannizzaro@nypost.com
    Finally...

More than half the reason, the perception is the way it is, is because of the media.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'd like to know who are the good quarterbacks Chaz Schilens has played with.

Look, everyone here knows I'm a Sanchez homer, but he wouldn't get criticized as much as he does if he played better.
    He wouldn't be criticized as much if there wasn't such a national agenda against him in favor of Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Sanchez supporter, but maybe if the guy could actually complete more than 50% of his passes, and didnt seem to make a bone-headed play or two per game then more people would be on his side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    QBs Schillens has played with ...

Jamarcus Russell
    Jason Campbell
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Kyle Boller
    Carson Palmer
    Andrew Walter
    Charlie Frye

.... I guess its all about your perception of greatness.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-25-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Finally...

More than half the reason, the perception is the way it is, is because of the media.
    Yes Ray Ray, it has nothing to do with his 53% completion rate, 74 QB rating or a career TD/Int ratio of 64/58. It's the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    QBs Schillens has played with ...

Jamarcus Russell
    Jason Campbell
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Kyle Boller
    Carson Palmer

.... I guess its all about your perception of greatness.
    And thus the reason Chaz thinks Sanchez is an upper tier QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wouldn't be criticized as much if there wasn't such a national agenda against him in favor of Tebow.
    He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't struggle mightily just to complete 50% of his passes.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't consistently, year after year rank at the bottom of the league in turnovers.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he had any semblance of awareness in the pocket.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't make so many boneheaded rookie mistakes in crucial situations.

But yeah, it's all Tebow and the medias fault.

LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't struggle mightily just to complete 50% of his passes.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't consistently, year after year rank at the bottom of the league in turnovers.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he had any semblance of awareness in the pocket.

He wouldn't get criticized as much if he didn't make so many boneheaded rookie mistakes in crucial situations.

LOL
    I watched the NE game twice... MARK was really good, NOT Perfect. His receivers are average.

I also watched Pennington in 2007 (NFL Replay), game 1, 2007. Mark is MUCH better.

We should have won.... 3rd down slant? Should have run. Drops?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

LOL
    Your reading comprehension is still as good as ever...

Your agenda based on fantasy stats is strong as ever though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes Ray Ray, it has nothing to do with his 53% completion rate, 74 QB rating or a career TD/Int ratio of 64/58. It's the media.
    F off troll!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I watched the NE game twice... MARK was really good, NOT Perfect. His receivers are average.

I also watched Pennington in 2007 (NFL Replay), game 1, 2007. Mark is MUCH better.

We should have won.... 3rd down slant? Should have run. Drops?
    This isn't about one game. It's about this kid being in year 4 and still making a lot of the same mistakes he made as a rookie.

Sanchez is basically the worst kind of QB to have. He's not a flatout bust which would make it easy to turn the page. He's the kind of guy who will give you hope throughout a game only to stick a knife in your heart at the very end with one of his patented late game turnovers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your reading comprehension is still as good as ever...

Your agenda based on fantasy stats is strong as ever though.
    LOL

Keep waving those pom poms Rah Rah.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I continue to support Mark but he has to be consistent. I expected a better Sanchez at this point although I do see some flashes of improvement. Like someone else posted, if the Jets go 3-13 I could see a QB picked in the draft. If they compete the rest of the season Mark has another season to prove his consistency. Next year will either be his last as a Jet or the QB for the future.