Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ofishal Thursday Night Game Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It always amuses me when the home team scores a TD and the ref announces the mandatory review and then the crowd proceeds to boo. Like, learn the damn rules.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF didn't Ponder get the 1st down on that run?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much for road teams being hugely disadvantaged in the Thurs night games

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh Freeman is being lauded as the greatest thing ever after tonight's game.

He's in his fourth year..has a losing record even this season (3-4). This was his first road win after NINE straight losses.

Mark Sanchez drafted the same season has an overall winning record including FOUR playoff wins on the road. But of course he's a bum

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Josh Freeman is being lauded as the greatest thing ever after tonight's game.

He's in his fourth year..has a losing record even this season (3-4). This was his first road win after NINE straight losses.

Mark Sanchez drafted the same season has an overall winning record including FOUR playoff wins on the road. But of course he's a bum

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Simple suggestion for Mark - play better, you won't be criticized if your individual performances aren't bad

Freeman through 7 games - 14 TDs, 5 INTs, 8.2 YPA, passer rating mid-90s
    Sanchez through 7 games - 9 TDs, 7 INTs, 6.7 YPA, passer rating mid-70s

It's not rocket science. QB is one guy, teams win games, we judge a QB by how he performs individually. Who do you think is playing better this season? Freeman can play well without Sanchez being a bum, only Sanchez can control how he is perceived. Like I said, simple suggestion.... play better

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't want to turn this into a debate between the two QBs.

That being said...

Anyone that actually watched the game tonight knows that Freeman wasn't damn close to playing as well as his QB rating suggests (104.2).

He was dinking and dunking all friggin night and still barely completed 50% of his passes. His longest "pass" of the night was a 64 yard screen pass to Doug Martin. Take away that pass and his YPA plummets from 7.3 to 5.7 on the night.

I'll give him credit for the pass down the sidelines to Mike Williams, but other than that, it was probably the most nondescript 100+ QB rating night I've seen in a while.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Don't want to turn this into a debate between the two QBs.

That being said...

Anyone that actually watched the game tonight knows that Freeman wasn't damn close to playing as well as his QB rating suggests (104.2).

He was dinking and dunking all friggin night and still barely completed 50% of his passes. His longest "pass" of the night was a 64 yard screen pass to Doug Martin. Take away that pass and his YPA plummets from 7.3 to 5.7 on the night.

I'll give him credit for the pass down the sidelines to Mike Williams, but other than that, it was probably the most nondescript 100+ QB rating night I've seen in a while.
    Yeah, I'm not saying Freeman is anything great. He was so-so tonight on his throws, but he didn't turn it over. Good things happen when you don't turn the ball over. His accuracy is still not very good.

My post wasn't a "I wish we had drafted Freeman" post. Personally, I don't want either guy, lol.....